What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

A busy social agenda!

1. It's May the 4th (be with you!). Time to nerd out with the Lad.

2. It's the monthly Downtown Wine Walk

3. It's the Kentucky Derby

4. It's Roller Derby night!

• Like 3

When I couldn’t sleep in the wee hours, I dyed my hair for the first time ever. I’d been missing the brightest orange of my youth...but in true bean fashion, I kicked it up several notches beyond my natural red to a rather vibrant shade of fire :fury:

I’ve always loved my natural hair colour, and now I love my new unnatural one, too! I’m glad that I didn’t postpone this fun until I went grey, which was my original plan :LOL:

I'll bet it looks awesome! :ebert: My daughter did the same for a few years and looked great; it's a little unnerving seeing her with plain ash blonde right now. :LOL:

Thank you! I’m (thankfully) pleased...and now I wonder if I’ve created a monster and will end up going brighter still :16ton:

Oh gosh, yes I can see how it would be quite the adjustment to see your daughter with a more natural colour! The folks at work are getting a shock today because I also have my hair down, which is seldom the case when they see me. One lady said, “Look at all that hair! It’s like a Pantene commercial in here!” :LOL:

Could we please see a Pic?

guKkFtM.gif

Perhaps! :)

• Like 3

Just returned from the orthopedic surgeon...

...no further surgeries needed!

Very happy...

...it's been a long painful road back.

I am so very happy for you, my friend! This is tremendous news! :yay:

• Like 2

I have a twofer for today...got to see my hubby's nephew play lacrosse. It is his first try at it and he runs hard. Too bad the team they played against was much bigger..I have watched a couple of lacrosse games years ago and enjoy the similarities to hockey.

Speaking of Hockey....tonight Game 1 of Western Conference Finals...San Jose v St. Louis...Go Blues!! Been watching all the games since April and lovin' it. :hockeygoon: :D

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 4

I have a twofer for today...got to see my hubby's nephew play lacrosse. It is his first try at it and he runs hard. Too bad the team they played against was much bigger..I have watched a couple of lacrosse games years ago and enjoy the similarities to hockey.

Speaking of Hockey....tonight Game 1 of Western Conference Finals...San Jose v St. Louis...Go Blues!! Been watching all the games since April and lovin' it. :hockeygoon: :D

It was a rough night for Binnington.

Our yard bluebird has started coming to the new feeder we put up for him. :ebert: Photos to follow!

Please do. I'd love to see them! :)

I'm trying to attract birds this year too. I put out cracked corn, nuts, berries, and other wild bird seed.

The squirrels love the nuts.

I'm hoping to attract more a variety of birds than we have.

• Like 3

Our yard bluebird has started coming to the new feeder we put up for him. :ebert: Photos to follow!

I'm trying to attract birds this year too. I put out cracked corn, nuts, berries, and other wild bird seed.

I had always seen photos of bluebirds and seen the occasional one in the field near our house but we've never had them in our yard until this year. Our neighbors put up a tall fence to keep their dogs in and somehow it attracted them. They are supposed to like sitting up high to look for the insects that they like so maybe that's it. We have at least one male and a female that swoop around the back yard. I love seeing them! I bet you will get some interesting ones as well if you are putting out food. :ebert:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

I had always seen photos of bluebirds and seen the occasional one in the field near our house but we've never had them in our yard until this year. Our neighbors put up a tall fence to keep their dogs in and somehow it attracted them. They are supposed to like sitting up high to look for the insects that they likes maybe that's it. We have at least one male and a female that swoop around the back yard. I love seeing them! I bet you will get some interesting ones as well if you are putting out food. :ebert:

We'll see.

I'd really like to attract hummingbirds and blue birds. We have plenty of sparrows, morning doves, woodpeckers, quail, robins, fresh blackbirds and bratty magpies, but no cardinals or blue birds.

I love most of all listening to them sing.

• Like 3

We have a bunch of Cardinals, Red Winged Blackbirds, Baltimore Orioles, and even some Cedar Waxwings! [Robins are a given in this area of Michigan.]

qZ2cAX3.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 5

We have a bunch of Cardinals, Red Winged Blackbirds, Baltimore Orioles, and even some Cedar Waxwings!

qZ2cAX3.gif

We ought to have a birds thread.

not the kind that treeduck wants, though! ;)
  • Like 3

So, I usually tutor high school kids in math, but today my geometry student needed help with English. I got to teach him the patterns for haiku, limerick and sonnet, as well as help him compose one of each.

A nice change of pace.

• Like 3

We have a bunch of Cardinals, Red Winged Blackbirds, Baltimore Orioles, and even some Cedar Waxwings!

qZ2cAX3.gif

His favorite is the Loose Blonde Bombshell Swallow :P

• Like 3

qZ2cAX3.gif

http://www.tvgirlsgallery.co.uk/image-3600_56B3CB8E.jpg

• Like 1

qZ2cAX3.gif

I love nature.

qZ2cAX3.gif

Not one like this, either! FH8oF9P.gif

qZ2cAX3.gif

I love nature.

Now, where'd I put those binoculars...?
  • Like 1