What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

apparently, i've forgotten how to post pics :|

i mean, i think i finally figured it out, but dayam, it took me forever :crazy:

:hi: Just wanted to say that I love your avatar! Of course, the 2112 sighting is nice, too... :LOL:

• Like 1

:rage:

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//oi27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/RolindaBonz/20190416chipotle.png[/img]

Awesome!! :ebert: And Hi! :hi:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

I've had a monumentally difficult series of weeks. I was ill (and lost 10 pounds), experienced severe loss, regret, and came to terms with more about myself than ever before. I overcame a secret eight-year addiction and started making true, meaningful, and lasting changes.

Today feels like the clouds are finally parting, and I'm going to be okay, and I'm happy for that.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2

When I couldn’t sleep in the wee hours, I dyed my hair for the first time ever. I’d been missing the brightest orange of my youth...but in true bean fashion, I kicked it up several notches beyond my natural red to a rather vibrant shade of fire :fury:

I’ve always loved my natural hair colour, and now I love my new unnatural one, too! I’m glad that I didn’t postpone this fun until I went grey, which was my original plan :LOL:

• Like 2

When I couldn’t sleep in the wee hours, I dyed my hair for the first time ever. I’d been missing the brightest orange of my youth...but in true bean fashion, I kicked it up several notches beyond my natural red to a rather vibrant shade of fire :fury:

I’ve always loved my natural hair colour, and now I love my new unnatural one, too! I’m glad that I didn’t postpone this fun until I went grey, which was my original plan :LOL:

I'll bet it looks awesome! :ebert: My daughter did the same for a few years and looked great; it's a little unnerving seeing her with plain ash blonde right now. :LOL:

• Like 2

I'll bet it looks awesome! :ebert: My daughter did the same for a few years and looked great; it's a little unnerving seeing her with plain ash blonde right now. :LOL:

Thank you! I’m (thankfully) pleased...and now I wonder if I’ve created a monster and will end up going brighter still :16ton:

Oh gosh, yes I can see how it would be quite the adjustment to see your daughter with a more natural colour! The folks at work are getting a shock today because I also have my hair down, which is seldom the case when they see me. One lady said, “Look at all that hair! It’s like a Pantene commercial in here!” :LOL:

• Like 2

Thank you! I’m (thankfully) pleased...and now I wonder if I’ve created a monster and will end up going brighter still :16ton:

Oh gosh, yes I can see how it would be quite the adjustment to see your daughter with a more natural colour! The folks at work are getting a shock today because I also have my hair down, which is seldom the case when they see me. One lady said, “Look at all that hair! It’s like a Pantene commercial in here!” :LOL:

Could we please see a Pic?

guKkFtM.gif

• Like 2

Today, a local Roadway truck driver, whom I used to unload almost every day about 25 years ago, rang the bell at where I work now.

I opened up the door, recognized him, and yelled, "Jerry! How ya doin??!!"

One of the coolest, funniest guys I've ever known. An awesome blast from the past!! :haz: :haz:

• Like 3

Just returned from the orthopedic surgeon...

...no further surgeries needed!

Very happy...

...it's been a long painful road back.

I'll say. How many years - 2?

That's good news indeed! :cheers:

It's time to celebrate!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Very happy...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This fun began in 2015. :)

X-rays & MRIs actually show improvement.

My heart is stronger than ever.

All those mornings on the spin bike are paying off!

Thank you Lorraine.

• Like 5

Very happy...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thank you Lorraine.

And there's always this too:

killers-59c64464a8e32.jpg

• Like 2

Very happy...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thank you Lorraine.

You're very welcome.

Are you talking about the very first knee operation you had? That was in 2015? Has it been that long already?

Very happy...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thank you Lorraine.

You're very welcome.

Are you talking about the very first knee operation you had? That was in 2015? Has it been that long already?

The first, of seven (both knees), was in 2016 actually...time flies! :7up: Edited by The Cat 3
  • Like 2

Very happy...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thank you Lorraine.

And there's always this too:

killers-59c64464a8e32.jpg

giphy.gif
  • Like 3

Steven, are you a patient man by nature or did you reach a point where you just couldn't take another moment and were ready to give up?

I wouldn't say, I was ready to give up, but there was one day in particular that I didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

So, I was at physical therapy one day and the therapist said, "do you think you're ready to try the bike?"

I was so excited, having raced bicycles and still an avid cyclist up to my injury, I said, "hell yeah!"

I get on the bike and was unable to turn the pedals even one revolution.

I was embarrassed, humiliated and seriously defeated.

I home and was sitting on the porch and was pretty depressed.

Suddenly, I thought of a saying I saw on a t shirt...

"From now on I only have good days and great days".

I was pretty determined to succeed.

Fast forward to February 2017, I went for evaluation at the orthopedist.

He said it would in my best interest to start using a cane from now on.

I'm waiting for the nurse to discharge me and she comes in with this aluminum cane.

I get home and they called, "Stephen, you forgot your cane when you left".

I said, "No, I didn't forget it, I decided I don't want it".

Two years later, I spin an hour every morning like a mad person, walk back and forth to work, hike, garden, etc.

I'm still in a fair amount of pain everyday, but as yesterday's visit showed, I'm getting better.

I attribute the success to my faith, my wife's encouragement and support, good doctors, as well as following their instructions.

I always recognized that I'm a pretty fortunate person and that people have it much worse than I do.

Every day is a gift and I only have good ones and great ones.

• Like 4

I always recognized that I'm a pretty fortunate person and that people have it much worse than I do.

Yes you are, and yes, they do.

:yes:
  • Like 3