What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Second Time today. I'm still watching CSI the original, and last two episodes of season 5 are the ones about ants. The perp sends a song to the CSI team, and there was enough of it there to be able to find out what song it is. I used a site that helps folks find songs by the lyrics, and it's a Song By The Turtles, "Outside Chance" I got it on an album with all their Greatest Hits Called Save The Turtles, it has twenty of the BEST....before they joined Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention. So glad I got this album. it has all the songs that got any play on the radio....back in the mid sixties, [when I was listening!] That's probably why this song immediately caught my attention while I was watching this episode of CSI. That made my day AGAIN!

qZ2cAX3.gif

• Like 1

Second Time today. I'm still watching CSI the original, and last two episodes of season 5 are the ones about ants. The perp sends a song to the CSI team, and there was enough of it there to be able to find out what song it is. I used a site that helps folks find songs by the lyrics, and it's a Song By The Turtles, "Outside Chance" I got it on an album with all their Greatest Hits Called Save The Turtles, it has twenty of the BEST....before they joined Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention. So glad I got this album. it has all the songs that got any play on the radio....back in the mid sixties, [when I was listening!] That's probably why this song immediately caught my attention while I was watching this episode of CSI. That made my day AGAIN!

qZ2cAX3.gif

You have quite an ear, ORFie!

• Like 1

qZ2cAX3.gif

You have quite an ear, ORFie!

I've always had that also...being able to recognise voices of people, things, etc. I could tell the song was mid sixties rockWo that's what I went looking for. When The Turtles popped up with a song that had a reoccurring phrase in it, I knew that was it. It has been a help in my older years....lol

qZ2cAX3.gif

P.S. TUNEFIND is the site that I usually find songs from the TV shows I watch, but movies work also and the song WAS mentioned in this show's inventory but Last night I wasn't signed in, and it didn't show up. Guess ya gotta be signed in. I did use that other site to find the song by the lyrics though. Peterbe.com

NAGAdFC.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Stopped in traffic when the car starts shaking, courtesy of an irresponsible young lady driving a car with too many watts and sub woofers. As soon as I'm able I accelerate to get away from the noise and vibration. No such luck at the next intersection, she's back. I get ready to race away again when I hear "bloop, bloop" and see a red and blue reflection in my rearview mirror. It's one of the big Suburbans the police now use, in the lane next to me. Unlike most moron drivers here, I stay stopped, and the officer pulls around and in front of me. He bloops his siren again and makes a pointing motion to the car at his right. Yep, the young lady. She gets pulled over and was probably given a ticket for excessive noise. Most jurisdictions down here don't bother with verbal warnings on overly loud sound systems, it's an automatic citation. Made my day!
  • Like 2

Salt Lake City got its biggest snow in 10 years. All school districts closed. I elected to stay off the roads and not go to work, and my mother was informed her place of business was taking the day off.

Driving anywhere wasn't the greatest idea. Her and I walked to our trendy new neighborhood coffeeshop/brunch/pub place and had a nice lunch and walk. Little things! :)

• Like 3

Salt Lake City got its biggest snow in 10 years. All school districts closed. I elected to stay off the roads and not go to work, and my mother was informed her place of business was taking the day off.

Driving anywhere wasn't the greatest idea. Her and I walked to our trendy new neighborhood coffeeshop/brunch/pub place and had a nice lunch and walk. Little things! :)

I rolled into Salt Lake yesterday and skied the afternoon with workingcinderellaman at Snowbasin. We're staying at a VRBO on capital hill, and plan on touring the Temple in the AM, then getting a capital tour from a former student who's working for House Speaker Wilson, and after that hanging around the city. More skiing Friday and Saturday.
  • Like 5

I rolled into Salt Lake yesterday and skied the afternoon with workingcinderellaman at Snowbasin. We're staying at a VRBO on capital hill, and plan on touring the Temple in the AM, then getting a capital tour from a former student who's working for House Speaker Wilson, and after that hanging around the city. More skiing Friday and Saturday.

Awesome! Where's the Friday and Saturday skiing?

• Like 1

My best friend always makes my day, but also knowing that in 18 days I will again be on stage for day one of preforming in the pit band (as drummer) for the Grease musical the school is puting on this year!! I love this movie and the 2nd one as well but tickets were 80 bucks for all 3 nights for my ma, dad, and brother to come see. It's gonna be worth it though, trust me!! :cheers: Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 2

My best friend always makes my day, but also knowing that in 18 days I will again be on stage for day one of preforming in the pit band (as drummer) for the Grease musical the school is puting on this year!! I love this movie and the 2nd one as well but tickets were 80 bucks for all 3 nights for my ma, dad, and brother to come see. It's gonna be worth it though, trust me!! :cheers:

I played all percussion instruments in the "Pit Band" my Junior and Senior Years in HS. That was one of the Best times in my life! The guy who played electric Bass was a friend starting that first year, We did "Bye Bye Birdie", and the Senior Year we did "Annie Get Your Gun". I bet you'll have a BLAST! I Did!

t1Qf8U0.gif

• Like 2

My best friend always makes my day, but also knowing that in 18 days I will again be on stage for day one of preforming in the pit band (as drummer) for the Grease musical the school is puting on this year!! I love this movie and the 2nd one as well but tickets were 80 bucks for all 3 nights for my ma, dad, and brother to come see. It's gonna be worth it though, trust me!! :cheers:

I played all percussion instruments in the "Pit Band" my Junior and Senior Years in HS. That was one of the Best times in my life! The guy who played electric Bass was a friend starting that first year, We did "Bye Bye Birdie", and the Senior Year we did "Annie Get Your Gun". I bet you'll have a BLAST! I Did!

t1Qf8U0.gif

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Friday back at Snowbasin with Grant, and Saturday probably Alta/Snowbird, although Park City is a possibility.

Friday back at Snowbasin with Grant, and Saturday probably Alta/Snowbird, although Park City is a possibility.

I'm jealous! We used to ski at Alta when we lived in Utah and I miss it. :heart:

I'm jealous! We used to ski at Alta when we lived in Utah and I miss it. :heart:

We started at Alta today, but high winds had most of the place closed. :(

We moved down to Snowbird which was better...we even found some powder in the trees. That made five resorts in eights days of skiing: Sun Valley, ID (3); Jackson Hole, WY (2);Snowbasin, UT (2); Alta/Snowbird (1)

What a trip!

• Like 1

Figuring out a way around my physical limitations to fill a request from my wife to use my photography gear and skills to take pictures of birds in the yard. She wants glass prints to hang in the kitchen. I can shoot through the picture window in the living room. Even bought a new 26mp full frame camera to use. I am so excited. First time I’ve shot pictures in a little more than a year.
  • Like 2

Figuring out a way around my physical limitations to fill a request from my wife to use my photography gear and skills to take pictures of birds in the yard. She wants glass prints to hang in the kitchen. I can shoot through the picture window in the living room. Even bought a new 26mp full frame camera to use. I am so excited. First time I’ve shot pictures in a little more than a year.

Good to hear, JD! :)

• Like 2

My PC laptop comes in the mail from Best Buy tomorrow even though it was originally going to be today. Power button on mine doesn’t work anymore and it’s had better days. Had it since fall of 2014. Got my tax refund two days ago so I’m going for this.

Lenovo - 130-15AST 15.6" Laptop - AMD A6-Series - 4GB Memory - AMD Radeon R4 - 500GB Hard Drive - Black

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 4

This morning I went outside at about 4:30 to feed the animals. We have plenty of snow, there was a fog, and the trees were covered in hoarfrost. When I shined the flashlight at the tree, the branches twinkled and glistened. As if they had sparkles on them. It was an incredibly beautiful sight.

Nature is beautiful.

• Like 4

Yesterday I opened my front door to find a mailman standing there with a box in hand just about to knock. Not sure who was more surprised - him or me.

Be that as it may, I hadn't ordered anything so was not expecting anything. Upon opening the box, I found two packages of my all-time favorite coffee that I haven't tasted since I've been out here because it is not sold. I could not imagine who would send it to me.

Upon checking the slips inside the box, I find out it was sent to me by a Rush forum member who has not been on here much at all lately. The member apparently remembered that I mentioned, at one point in time, how much I missed the coffee and sent it to me.

How gracious, kind, thoughtful and wonderful is that??? :)

I won't mention the person's name but, if you are reading this, from my heart :heart: I thank you! :hug2:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

This morning I went outside at about 4:30 to feed the animals. We have plenty of snow, there was a fog, and the trees were covered in hoarfrost. When I shined the flashlight at the tree, the branches twinkled and glistened. As if they had sparkles on them. It was an incredibly beautiful sight.

Nature is beautiful.

:yes:
  • Like 2