What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

My niece has been vindicated. :haz:

She works in Admissions at the local Clinic/Hospital. She's been promoted and is making some really good money, but her workplace is a total trainwreck. Incompetent and apathetic managers and HR Rep, and an immense amount of gossip.

She and other girls have had to endure months of being sexually harassed by some creep in Security. After giving very detailed, documented accounts of everything that the creep has said and done, she received nothing but apathy from the HR Rep and management staff. This dingbat HR Rep even told my niece that she needed therapy. The Creep got nothing but a PAID 4-week leave during the investigation. No consequences afterwards. He was back on the job. My niece was literally vomiting from the stress and rage. She changed her shift hours and vowed to never speak to the HR Dingbat again.

This week, the creep refused a direct order to stay away from my niece and her section, and he then threatened the Officer in Charge. Guess what? The creep got fired! :LOL:

My niece has been vindicated, but I doubt that she will receive any apologies from anyone there.

I'm gonna bake her a big Vindication Cake to celebrate! :haz: :haz:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 4

I'm BREATHING!!!

wl5FAYk.gif

Heavy breathing?

Breathing down someone's neck?

Heavy breathing down someone's neck? :P :P

• Like 1

She works in Admissions at the local Clinic/Hospital. She's been promoted and is making some really good money, but her workplace is a total trainwreck. Incompetent and apathetic managers and HR Rep, and an immense amount of gossip.

She and other girls have had to endure months of being sexually harassed by some creep in Security. After giving very detailed, documented accounts of everything that the creep has said and done, she received nothing but apathy from the HR Rep and management staff. This dingbat HR Rep even told my niece that she needed therapy. The Creep got nothing but a PAID 4-week leave during the investigation. No consequences afterwards. He was back on the job. My niece was literally vomiting from the stress and rage. She changed her shift hours and vowed to never speak to the HR Dingbat again.

This week, the creep refused a direct order to stay away from my niece and her section, and he then threatened the Officer in Charge. Guess what? The creep got fired! :LOL:

My niece has been vindicated, but I doubt that she will receive any apologies from anyone there.

So here's the cake - Vanilla with butter cream frosting and a boat load of rainbow sprinkles - just as she ordered. :LOL: :lol:

IFikzN2.jpg

• Like 3

Checking the major league baseball standings to find that the Mariners are 42-14. That breaks down to...

21-12 at home

21-12 on the road

:haz:

I think that you made a mistake when you typed how many losses they had. It must be 24 and not 14. It's the only way the math works out.

This bad boy arrived at my shop today

2015 Dodge Viper

( BC, if you see this, look past the car on the wall above the metal Rush sign -- that's the KISS/RUSH anniversary poster you made for me :LOL: )

July1618_Viper.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

This bad boy arrived at my shop today

2015 Dodge Viper

( BC, if you see this, look past the car on the wall above the metal Rush sign -- that's the KISS/RUSH anniversary poster you made for me :LOL: )

July1618_Viper.jpg

Awww, thanks for giving it a place of honor! And how cool to see that Viper!

• Like 2

So here's the cake - Vanilla with butter cream frosting and a boat load of rainbow sprinkles - just as she ordered. :LOL: :lol:

IFikzN2.jpg

That's really awesome- and looks delicious!

• Like 1

IFikzN2.jpg

That's really awesome- and looks delicious!

Actual pink flames on the candles, too! Technology is wonderful..... :laughing guy:

• Like 2

Checking the major league baseball standings to find that the Mariners are 42-14. That breaks down to...

21-12 at home

21-12 on the road

:haz:

I think that you made a mistake when you typed how many losses they had. It must be 24 and not 14. It's the only way the math works out.

:LOL:

Nice catch!

Meeting Brian Wilson tomorrow afternoon.

:heart: :heart: :heart: We went and saw the Pet Sounds tour twice last year! We weren't able to meet Brian Wilson, but we did have front row seats at the one show. You will love the sounds! Below are some bad photos from my old phone. Have a wonderful time!

This one is: Brian, someone I don't remember (sorry!), Matt Jardine (Al's son that does vocals), Al Jardine, and Blondie Chaplin, of which you probably know he sings lead on Sail On Sailor and has also toured with the Rolling Stones for many years!

9IHU01zh.jpg

This is Billy Hinsche, whose sister Annie was married to Carl Wilson for a time. When I was really little, I would see him in my older cousin's Tiger Beat magazines with the Dino, Desi and Billy group.

Vcwdsnmm.jpg

This guy in the pink shirt (forgot name again; sorry) was awesome; he does all the unusual percussion noises!

vKGemCMl.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

Meeting Brian Wilson tomorrow afternoon.

:heart: :heart: :heart: We went and saw the Pet Sounds tour twice last year! We weren't able to meet Brian Wilson, but we did have front row seats at the one show. You will love the sounds! Below are some bad photos from my old phone. Have a wonderful time!

This one is: Brian, someone I don't remember (sorry!), Matt Jardine (Al's son that does vocals), Al Jardine, and Blondie Chaplin, of which you probably know he sings lead on Sail On Sailor and has also toured with the Rolling Stones for many years!

9IHU01zh.jpg

This is Billy Hinsche, whose sister Annie was married to Carl Wilson for a time. When I was really little, I would see him in my older cousin's Tiger Beat magazines with the Dino, Desi and Billy group.

Vcwdsnmm.jpg

This guy in the pink shirt (forgot name again; sorry) was awesome; he does all the unusual percussion noises!

vKGemCMl.jpg

Great post BluesChica!

This is my second time seeing Brian Wilson do Pet Sounds.

It is 12 miles from where I live so I couldn't pass it up.

One of my all time favourite albums.

The sound check just finished and was great...the show should be amazing!

The meet and greet was pretty typical, but Al Jardine, Brian Wilson and Blondie Chaplin were super nice.

If I can figure out how to post a picture of the meet and greet I will do so.

Been in full Pet Sounds mode all day so 8:00 can't come soon enough!

• Like 1

I got a new car! I traded in my 2004 Toyota Camry that I drove for 13 years for a 2018 Chevy Trax, I love it! I think I'm still trying to process that it happened! :LOL:
  • Like 6

I got a new car! I traded in my 2004 Toyota Camry that I drove for 13 years for a 2018 Chevy Trax, I love it! I think I'm still trying to process that it happened! :LOL:

What color did you get?

eVKOe08.gif

• Like 2

What color did you get?

eVKOe08.gif

It's white. I wasn't sure which color to go with but I decided to go with white because people have told me it doesn't show dirt like some of the other colors. And it has tinted windows!

• Like 2

IFikzN2.jpg

Maroon 5...

I drove from Tahoe to Portland yesterday, by way of Crater Lake. Breathtaking scenary, with plenty of deer and pronghorn antelope to see.

By the time I was making my way along the Rogue and Willamette rivers it was late afternoon/early evening, so the light accented everything perfectly.

I LOVE DEAR SM OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

IFikzN2.jpg

Maroon 5...

• Like 1

IFikzN2.jpg

Maroon 5...

:D