What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Today is the day that the nightmare I well actually we (my better 1/2 & I) being victims of identity theft and it's ugliness is almost all over. I was able to go to my bank after them having to be ordered by the court to release my accounts from the frozen state they had been held in since 10/13 (which was a Friday none the less) that was the day I was informed via email from my bac

Nk that ALL my accounts (except my credit cards (God bless America) were frozen. Then learning my identity had been stolen some time ago and I was guilty until I could prove my innocence! I had to hire a consumer rights advocate attorney and off to litigious battle we embarked. We filed a motion in the courts to inform the parties that had not only locked me out of my financial means that we intended to wholeheartedly dispute what they accused me of was absolutely unjustifiable! Well to make a short story long those entities never responded in a timely matter their case was all but doomed. When I received this info I wanted to jump for joy, however I was reserved as I wanted to make sure things were going my way. Thursday my attorney provided my bank with the court order to release my accounts. I although ecstatic still reserved my jubilations. TODAY I AM IN FULL CELEBRATION!!! I politely visited my bank and made a very large withdraw. I have learned two very important lessons from this whole reality check.

Lesson #1- I (or my better 1/2) will NEVER, NEVER, EVER keep all our $$ in one bank.

Lesson #2- I will ALWAYS have a substantial cash reserve at the house! I invested in a very high quality fire/water proof very, very heavy safe.

If this kind of thing can happen to a guy that only has worked hard his whole life and pays his bills, this can happen to anybody!

Another bit of info the law firm that was pursuing these claims that suddenly backed off because they knew thew didn't have a case have been sued multiple times. It seems they have bought up debt and pushed things through the court without having the proper documentation. I believe the were hoping I would just pay to make it all go away. Well they're going to be sued one more time as after I have to appear in court to be officially cleared, we go into counter suit mode. My day was made today for sure!!!

Congrats!!! Good thing to know about your situation.

It's time to relax. :hug2:

• Like 2

Today is the day that the nightmare I well actually we (my better 1/2 & I) being victims of identity theft and it's ugliness is almost all over. I was able to go to my bank after them having to be ordered by the court to release my accounts from the frozen state they had been held in since 10/13 (which was a Friday none the less) that was the day I was informed via email from my bac

Nk that ALL my accounts (except my credit cards (God bless America) were frozen. Then learning my identity had been stolen some time ago and I was guilty until I could prove my innocence! I had to hire a consumer rights advocate attorney and off to litigious battle we embarked. We filed a motion in the courts to inform the parties that had not only locked me out of my financial means that we intended to wholeheartedly dispute what they accused me of was absolutely unjustifiable! Well to make a short story long those entities never responded in a timely matter their case was all but doomed. When I received this info I wanted to jump for joy, however I was reserved as I wanted to make sure things were going my way. Thursday my attorney provided my bank with the court order to release my accounts. I although ecstatic still reserved my jubilations. TODAY I AM IN FULL CELEBRATION!!! I politely visited my bank and made a very large withdraw. I have learned two very important lessons from this whole reality check.

Lesson #1- I (or my better 1/2) will NEVER, NEVER, EVER keep all our $$ in one bank.

Lesson #2- I will ALWAYS have a substantial cash reserve at the house! I invested in a very high quality fire/water proof very, very heavy safe.

If this kind of thing can happen to a guy that only has worked hard his whole life and pays his bills, this can happen to anybody!

Another bit of info the law firm that was pursuing these claims that suddenly backed off because they knew thew didn't have a case have been sued multiple times. It seems they have bought up debt and pushed things through the court without having the proper documentation. I believe the were hoping I would just pay to make it all go away. Well they're going to be sued one more time as after I have to appear in court to be officially cleared, we go into counter suit mode. My day was made today for sure!!!

Oh, such relief!!! I have been waiting and hoping for news like this from you, my friend! :yay:

Congrats!!! Good thing to know about your situation.

It's time to relax. :hug2:

Thank you both! We are very relieved and much more prepared for life in the modern world... :cheers:

• Like 2

I remember when you posted about this! I can't believe that you have had to live with your accounts frozen all this time. I'm so glad that you were able to fight back and get your funds released! Thanks for the heads up about what is going on.

• Like 2

I remember when you posted about this! I can't believe that you have had to live with your accounts frozen all this time. I'm so glad that you were able to fight back and get your funds released! Thanks for the heads up about what is going on.

Thank you blueschica!

Yes it was a hellish period of a hellish year! But it did give full meaning to the cliche "If it doesn't kill you it's meant to make you stronger" ! Having to reinvent yourself financially is a chore all on it's own, but when something happens striking down like a bolt out of the blue it can be a real challenge to say it mildly. We are very thrilled of outcome, as the outlook was bleak. Which is another lesson time has taught me which of those two is the most important focal point.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Had a pretty good job interview today, but I think I was too nervous. I talked real fast and couldn't sit still. :doh:
  • Like 1

I'm almost done with my major thesis and about to complete my bachelor in web development. I have my own appartment, and hopefully soon a job too. Everything seems to be working out for me.

And it's fun feeling like an 8th grader when asking your date if she wants to be your girlfriend. If this keeps going like it is, I'm gonna faceplant on the moon :LOL:

:ebert: Love is a great thing!

I'm happy for you!

Well she hasn't answered yet, and now she barely texts me back so I guess it got too serious for her liking. So be it. I'm still happy because I was honest about myself the whole way, so I get to keep my self respect :yes:

• Like 3

I'm almost done with my major thesis and about to complete my bachelor in web development. I have my own appartment, and hopefully soon a job too. Everything seems to be working out for me.

And it's fun feeling like an 8th grader when asking your date if she wants to be your girlfriend. If this keeps going like it is, I'm gonna faceplant on the moon :LOL:

:ebert: Love is a great thing!

I'm happy for you!

Well she hasn't answered yet, and now she barely texts me back so I guess it got too serious for her liking. So be it. I'm still happy because I was honest about myself the whole way, so I get to keep my self respect :yes:

I wish you luck. Here's something for you: :hug2:

• Like 3

Looks like my epoxy resin casting for my future son in law is coming out OK! I have never done this before and was a little nervous about ending up with a gooey mess. (It's a paperweight with an old CD game disc of his favorite video game inside.)
  • Like 3

Looks like my epoxy resin casting for my future son in law is coming out OK! I have never done this before and was a little nervous about ending up with a gooey mess. (It's a paperweight with an old CD game disc of his favorite video game inside.)

That’s one cool, future mummy-in-law!

• Like 3

That’s one cool, future mummy-in-law!

Thanks! I found our old original Warcraft Orcs vs. Humans cd-Rom in an old drawer. It was either going to be a paperweight or a Christmas tree ornament! :LOL:

• Like 2

We're finishing up packing for a move, so the house is basically empty. I had a fun afternoon wrapping gifts, though, and placing them around a "tree" that I assembled from the remaining house plants. :P
  • Like 2

Not one, but TWO good job postings for me to apply to .

That's great! Will be praying that the next dilemma is which one to take when they are offered to you. All the best for you!

Well to paraphrase, from your typing fingers to God's eyes! It would be a lovely dilemma to have, wouldn't it!?

• Like 1

OMG THEY PLAYED FRIDAY I'M IN LOVE ON TV MTV CLASSIC 120 MINUTES AND I DANCED AND SANG LIKE A FOOL AND SMILED AND LAUGHED I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AND WHAT THEY HAVE HELPED ME THROUGH AND I AM FOREVER THANKFUL FOR THEM AND THERE MUSIC AND I WOULDN'T BE HERE AND I WOULDN'T BE IN LOVE AND HAVE SO MANY AMAZING FRIENDS IF IT WASN'T FOR THEM. I LOVE THIS SONG AND IT ALWAYS MAKES ME HAPPY WHEN I PLAY IT IT'S ONE OF MY FAV CURE SONGS AND MY FAV CURE VID!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
  • Like 1

We're finishing up packing for a move, so the house is basically empty. I had a fun afternoon wrapping gifts, though, and placing them around a "tree" that I assembled from the remaining house plants. :P

I moved for the first time in over five years this month. It reminded me how much hard work it is! Still really getting the house in functioning order, really. Went two weeks without a sofa, lol

• Like 2

Twilight Zone marathon today and tomorrow on the SyFy network! My sister and I grew up watching the reruns after school. We have our favorite episodes and quotes- "It's a COOKBOOK!" "I'm Talky Tina and I don't like you very much!" "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. . ." :LOL:
  • Like 3

Twilight Zone marathon today and tomorrow on the SyFy network! My sister and I grew up watching the reruns after school. We have our favorite episodes and quotes- "It's a COOKBOOK!" "I'm Talky Tina and I don't like you very much!" "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. . ." :LOL:

i just watched the whole Series back in 2016 on my Firebox...I remember some of those episodes from seeing them in the '60s...wdAM5NX.gif

paQcsln.gif

• Like 2

http://www.billboard.com/files/styles/article_main_image/public/media/vintage-cat-raio-headphones-music-old-vd-new-billboard-650.jpg

Spent a lazy day at home listening to albums from 1978 and drinking coffee.

Kudos to the picture producer for the fake headphones...

kiFilFN.jpg

• Like 1

I finally got logged back in to TRF after an absence of several months (nobody noticed obviously) and get to see the random drivel you folk are still producing. Why did I return, I ask myself?
  • Like 1