What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

My car once again failed to turn over and had to get it jumped. When the guy came to jump it, He had a portable battery charger made by PROSERIES (Shumacher) for about $153 bucks, that charges itself on a regular wall socket, and can jump my car's battery in about 30 seconds. I've already come to the conclusion that there's something wrong with my car's electrical system. something is draining my battery automatically. I'm getting it fixed in January.But I will never need a jump again. Portable power.

G0CO757.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 2

My car once again failed to turn over and had to get it jumped. When the guy came to jump it, He had a portable battery charger made by PROSERIES (Shumacher) for about $153 bucks, that charges itself on a regular wall socket, and can jump my car's battery in about 30 seconds. I've already come to the conclusion that there's something wrong with my car's electrical system. something is draining my battery automatically. I'm getting it fixed in January.But I will never need a jump again. Portable power.

G0CO757.gif

ORFie, what year, make and model car do you have?

This question may sound stupid to you, but do you have water in your battery? Are your cable connections corroded?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

G0CO757.gif

This question may sound stupid to you, but do you have water in your battery? Are your cable connections corroded?

Yes the Battery is full of water, and the battery is NEW as of last May. It's a 2010 Ford Fusion. I checked the battery water regularly...etc. cables are new....I've narrowed it down to the electrical system with deductions, which my ex-neightbor Ed suggested over a year ago....Thanks for your Caring, Lorraine!

WmlKskO.gif

• Like 1

G0CO757.gif

Yes the Battery is full of water, and the battery is NEW as of last May. It's a 2010 Ford Fusion. I checked the battery water regularly...etc. cables are new....I've narrowed it down to the electrical system with deductions, which my ex-neightbor Ed suggested over a year ago....Thanks for your Caring, Lorraine!

WmlKskO.gif

ORFie, I will ask someone who would know about this type of thing and get back to you tomorrow with some possibilities.

• Like 1

G0CO757.gif

WmlKskO.gif

ORFie, I will ask someone who would know about this type of thing and get back to you tomorrow with some possibilities.

ORFIE, it may be your alternator. Do you have a different stereo system in your car other than the one the car came with? Is there a dash or overhead or door light that stays on all the time in your vehicle?

• Like 1

G0CO757.gif

WmlKskO.gif

ORFIE, it may be your alternator. Do you have a different stereo system in your car other than the one the car came with? Is there a dash or overhead or door light that stays on all the time in your vehicle?

Nope to all of those things. Years ago, in the '90s, I decided to go with the stereos Ford put in their vehicles since they were brand name ones that sounded great! No idiot lights that stay on that I can find. except a small light that blinks intermitantly to let people know the alarm system is on.

Two years ago, the local critters made a NEST out of my engine pad on my engine lid, and it was cleaned when I got a oil change at the local CHEVY dealership. some of the wiring had been chewed on by the Critters, and the dealership had to order a partial wire harness and replace the chewed ones. I think this is where the foul up occurred. Ford Dealership is where the fixing will occur, and I think when they know all about the nest cleaning and wire replacement, It will be fixable by them.Thanks, Lorraine!

qlKHH6X.gif

• Like 1

On To Today's PRESENT! I just ordered another Aircraft as a present this year for ME! Zoukei-Mura, in it's Super Wings Series, first plane on Line, The J7W1 Shinden, a canard [tail-first] type design that the Japanese came up with durring the early Forties, but towards The end of WW 2, only the U.S. Curtiss XP- 55 Ascender and the Japanese J7W1 Shinden [Magnificent Lightning] actually made it to test flights. They had even planned on making a Jet out of it, but the engine was not available yet, so they used the most powerful piston engine they had at the time and a six bladed propeller. A Mitsubishi Ma-Ha. 43-42 radial engine of 466 mph at 28,500 ft. All major combatants in WW 2 had developed Canard designs. Hereit is

2QKlNvC.jpgThe Hasegawa model >I69OeyD.jpg I immediately bought this model when I saw it in the '80s! This is one design that caught my 'WEIRD' eye, and I had to have it! Now I have the Premier Model company's version of it in 1/32 scale, and I'M HAPPY!!!

G0CO757.gif

• Like 2

Let's wish comrade Communist Olga a happy birthday. :cheers:

Wonder where she ran off to. :unsure: Just think of the spark she would have brought to SOCN. :) Reb's head would have spun off his neck. :wacko:

She probably is busy these days giving Antifa some helpful tips. :madra:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I got my Battery Jumper two days EARLY from Amazon today! I need an 18 AWG extension cord [Male to female]to charge it's internal battery which charges your car battery a bit when you use it to jump the battery and start your car, which I will get tomorrow to charge it up! man it's HEAVY too!fe

6kWwgfJ.jpg?2

G0CO757.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

YOU GUYS !!! :yay: :yay: I found the greatest thing !! I just figured out how to watch Rush Youtube videos on the big TV and they look so good! The sound is pretty good too!

Mr. blues got a deal on a 40 in. Smart TV on cyber Monday; he just wanted to be able to see the puck better during hockey games. We have just had it for two days and I figured out on my own (it came with like 1 page instructions) what Smart TV means !! OK, I'm old!

It receives Wi Fi and acts like a computer monitor if you want.You can find anything on Youtube and it looks great! There is so much Rush stuff I want to watch! :LOL: I'm never going to get the Christmas tree up at this rate! :LOL: :LOL:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 6

Put in my notice at my current employment today as I'm moving to Omaha to start a new job in January and live with my fiancee. It was bittersweet because I'll miss working at my current job but life is life.

What made my day was the support I got from everyone at work and knowing that I left my mark there, and it was a good one, too.

• Like 4

Put in my notice at my current employment today as I'm moving to Omaha to start a new job in January and live with my fiancee. It was bittersweet because I'll miss working at my current job but life is life.

What made my day was the support I got from everyone at work and knowing that I left my mark there, and it was a good one, too.

That's always a good feeling. Congrats on the engagement! And Omaha is closer to Iowa, for shorter family road trips!

• Like 1

G0CO757.gif

Yeah, got the extention cord yesterday and charged the unit up yesterday, it was only down to 96% so it charged quickly. It's ready to go now!

G0CO757.gif

YOU GUYS !!! :yay: :yay: I found the greatest thing !! I just figured out how to watch Rush Youtube videos on the big TV and they look so good! The sound is pretty good too!

Mr. blues got a deal on a 40 in. Smart TV on cyber Monday; he just wanted to be able to see the puck better during hockey games. We have just had it for two days and I figured out on my own (it came with like 1 page instructions) what Smart TV means !! OK, I'm old!

It receives Wi Fi and acts like a computer monitor if you want.You can find anything on Youtube and it looks great! There is so much Rush stuff I want to watch! :LOL: I'm never going to get the Christmas tree up at this rate! :LOL: :LOL:

What you’re really saying is that you’re going to watch Kurt Russell walking naked into the showers in Tango & Cash over and over again on your new tv!

• Like 1