What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Today was the nineteenth anniversary of my rape; while I certainly hope that I'm not offending anyone by making an annual post, I do find it important to continually extend my offer of a friendly ear to anyone who may need it. Recent media coverage also demonstrates the strength that can be found in the voices of fellow survivors and their loved ones. Regardless of how far in the future, if you are reading this message and need someone to listen, please feel welcome to contact me.

For me, this day is always a time to reflect upon--and acknowledge my gratitude for--life and healing. I am so thankful to have survived, and to have been given the opportunity to help others in their own recovery. I'm also thankful for the support that I've experienced along the way. In some pretty beautiful circumstances, I unexpectedly heard from a dear old friend (about whom I've been very concerned given his declining health and sparse recent communication)...and this after having started my morning by revisiting a note he'd written to me in years past:

and so, stitch by stitch, [bean] put herself back together again

How perfect.

Yep, I've been there also, and it takes a lot out of .you.especially a GUY in the EARLY '70s, Rape is serious at anytime to any gender/person, BLESS you, BEANIE!! :wub:

Public perception at the time of the occurrance is also a thing some folks ignore

HCDob5b.gif

Yes...unfortunately with regard to sexual assault, it seems that all too often, so many things are ignored. I certainly feel for you, ORFie! I'm glad that you and your banana predilection have prevailed! Bless you, too, thanks! :)

We SURVIVORS need to keep AWARENESS HIGH on this subject! :hug2:

nRzEUqh.jpg HohnDUl.gif?1

I agree, ORFie! :) :hug2:

• Like 2

Good to see you back btw.

:hug2: Thank you kindly, vaportrailer!

It's wonderful to be back! Before I fell ill, I was able to spend time in my beloved Montréal...and you came to mind while I was roaming the streets with a head full of the Beats! :hi:

:o I apologize for ruining your ambulatory musings, and hope you enjoyed the rest of your Montreal experience. It's such an interesting city to wander around in, with so much character. Kinda reminds me of Halifax - but with less wind/seagulls and more cigarettes. :P

It's nice to see you back, Beanie (if I may call you that), and I'm sending positive Beatnik vibes your way, and hope you're feeling better.

jack-kerouac-allen-ginsberg-and-william-s-burroughs.jpg

(note Burroughs "smoking glove" lol)

You ruined no ambulatory musings! I’ve not been to Halifax yet, but Montréal never fails to be a charming walking city. They’ve installed a Ferris wheel at the old port since my last visit—leave it to me to suddenly decide that I could use a late-night spin :LOL:

You most certainly may call me beanie :) Thank you for the kind words, wishes, and Beatnik vibes! And oh man, what a photo of those three characters! :smoke:

• Like 2

Today was the nineteenth anniversary of my rape; while I certainly hope that I'm not offending anyone by making an annual post, I do find it important to continually extend my offer of a friendly ear to anyone who may need it. Recent media coverage also demonstrates the strength that can be found in the voices of fellow survivors and their loved ones. Regardless of how far in the future, if you are reading this message and need someone to listen, please feel welcome to contact me.

For me, this day is always a time to reflect upon--and acknowledge my gratitude for--life and healing. I am so thankful to have survived, and to have been given the opportunity to help others in their own recovery. I'm also thankful for the support that I've experienced along the way. In some pretty beautiful circumstances, I unexpectedly heard from a dear old friend (about whom I've been very concerned given his declining health and sparse recent communication)...and this after having started my morning by revisiting a note he'd written to me in years past:

How perfect.

It is inspiring to hear your story; thank you for sharing it with us Beanie! I have a female member of my extended family who also is a victim of sexual assault and it's encouraging for her to hear (through me, she is not on here) that there is life and a future afterward. Your openness is wonderful. :heart:

Aww, thank you for your kind words, and for your encouragement and support of your family member! Life and the possibility of a bright future indeed lie ahead; hope is a powerful force and I learned that it’s certainly worth clinging to :)

You are welcome, but more importantly, thank you for being open to hearing my story :heart:

• Like 2

Recognition at my workplace. My boss pulled me aside and asked if I wanted to work 3/4 time (I did for 6 weeks last winter) this winter, or move to 4 10hr shifts, or if there's anything else I'd like (I said no, but his offers of accommodation were appreciated). In addition, I've been getting a lot of praise for tackling large projects, and shifting into a managerial role at times. I've also gotten numerous raises, and I'd guess another isn't long off.

Life is good. :)

Edited by That One Guy

Boots is back.

But, since she has me on ignore, she'll never know she made my "already and it's not even 8:00 AM awful" day

http://www.manuscripta.nl/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/huh_400.jpg

• Like 2

How perfect.

Positiveness, support and doing what one loves is always good.

Beanie: :hug2: :fistbump: :heart:

• Like 1

How perfect.

Positiveness, support and doing what one loves is always good.

Beanie: :hug2: :fistbump: :heart:

Thank you for your kindness and camaraderie, my friend! :hug2: :hi:

• Like 2

We were doing office clean out today in anticipation of a facility move next spring. What did we find? The classic Office Space red Swingline stapler! Two of them...I'm so keeping these.

http://nowiknow.com/wp-content/uploads/tumblr_mfrk9shn5x1s1kqrno1_500.gif

• Like 4

We were doing office clean out today in anticipation of a facility move next spring. What did we find? The classic Office Space red Swingline stapler! Two of them...I'm so keeping these.

I have one of those which I - erm - borrowed from a place I worked at in 1974. Still works like a charm! They don't make staplers like that anymore.

• Like 2

I have one of those which I - erm - borrowed from a place I worked at in 1974. Still works like a charm! They don't make staplers like that anymore.

Swingline still does! Still make red ones also!

jKV9vHw.gif

My Next Zoukie-Mura model, the Do 335 A-12, the two seat Trainer version and later Radar operator version.

FJEZz92.jpg

Since the HOBBYBOSS P-61 is going so well, I KNOW these Zoukie-Mura models are going to be FANTASTIC! and I got it TODAY!

G0CO757.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

I'm glad that what's his name left the forum. He was always stalking me, trolling my threads and sending me creepy PM'S. I was actually afraid for my personal safety.
  • Like 1

I'm glad that what's his name left the forum. He was always stalking me, trolling my threads and sending me creepy PM'S. I was actually afraid for my personal safety.

Who?

• Like 1

No one should feel that way, I hope you reported him!

• Like 1

Who?

Yes, who??

Maybe there's a reason she constantly talks about this mysterious man, yet never names him.