What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Another one of those “celeb liked my post on their Instagram feed” moments. This time, Debra Winger. Had something to do with Chris Plummer replacing Kevin Spacey in that new Ridley Scott movie and the joke was Being John Malkovich related if you catch my drift. It’s an honor. You were the bomb in Black Widow, yo!
  • Like 2

Attending Lorraine's party. It was a bit shit, but that's not her fault, it's your guys faults for being lazy and not turning up, I was right, you are all boob heads after all!

I was there, jerkoff! It was kinda non-eventful til you puked 8 gallons of chocolate milk on her perfectly clean kitchen floor...

jdD6rnr.png

The Lad swam in the Nevada State meet this weekend and posted the 4th fastest 50-yard backstroke in the State among 11-12 year olds, and he's only eleven! Really proud of him.
  • Like 2

Today was the nineteenth anniversary of my rape; while I certainly hope that I'm not offending anyone by making an annual post, I do find it important to continually extend my offer of a friendly ear to anyone who may need it. Recent media coverage also demonstrates the strength that can be found in the voices of fellow survivors and their loved ones. Regardless of how far in the future, if you are reading this message and need someone to listen, please feel welcome to contact me.

For me, this day is always a time to reflect upon--and acknowledge my gratitude for--life and healing. I am so thankful to have survived, and to have been given the opportunity to help others in their own recovery. I'm also thankful for the support that I've experienced along the way. In some pretty beautiful circumstances, I unexpectedly heard from a dear old friend (about whom I've been very concerned given his declining health and sparse recent communication)...and this after having started my morning by revisiting a note he'd written to me in years past:

and so, stitch by stitch, [bean] put herself back together again

How perfect.

• Like 5

Today was the nineteenth anniversary of my rape; while I certainly hope that I'm not offending anyone by making an annual post, I do find it important to continually extend my offer of a friendly ear to anyone who may need it. Recent media coverage also demonstrates the strength that can be found in the voices of fellow survivors and their loved ones. Regardless of how far in the future, if you are reading this message and need someone to listen, please feel welcome to contact me.

For me, this day is always a time to reflect upon--and acknowledge my gratitude for--life and healing. I am so thankful to have survived, and to have been given the opportunity to help others in their own recovery. I'm also thankful for the support that I've experienced along the way. In some pretty beautiful circumstances, I unexpectedly heard from a dear old friend (about whom I've been very concerned given his declining health and sparse recent communication)...and this after having started my morning by revisiting a note he'd written to me in years past:

How perfect.

No words, Beanie. God love ya.

:hug2:

Good to see you back btw.

• Like 1

How perfect.

Yep, I've been there also, and it takes a lot out of .you.especially a GUY in the EARLY '70s, Rape is serious at anytime to any gender/person, BLESS you, BEANIE!! :wub:

Public perception at the time of the occurrance is also a thing some folks ignore

HCDob5b.gif

• Like 1

Having the satisfaction of being able to shoot a large rodeo event for the 11th year. I shot 32 hours of rodeo over a 45 hour period, using only half my body because MS has pretty much made the other half useless, and got the same results and sales as the other years. I will say that it was one of the hardest things i’ve ever done.
  • Like 3

How perfect.

A beautiful post from a beautiful soul.

• Like 2

Having the satisfaction of being able to shoot a large rodeo event for the 11th year. I shot 32 hours of rodeo over a 45 hour period, using only half my body because MS has pretty much made the other half useless, and got the same results and sales as the other years. I will say that it was one of the hardest things i’ve ever done.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

• Like 4

How perfect.

No words, Beanie. God love ya.

:hug2: Thank you kindly, vaportrailer!

It's wonderful to be back! Before I fell ill, I was able to spend time in my beloved Montréal...and you came to mind while I was roaming the streets with a head full of the Beats! :hi:

• Like 1

How perfect.

Yep, I've been there also, and it takes a lot out of .you.especially a GUY in the EARLY '70s, Rape is serious at anytime to any gender/person, BLESS you, BEANIE!! :wub:

Public perception at the time of the occurrance is also a thing some folks ignore

HCDob5b.gif

Yes...unfortunately with regard to sexual assault, it seems that all too often, so many things are ignored. I certainly feel for you, ORFie! I'm glad that you and your banana predilection have prevailed! Bless you, too, thanks! :)

Edited by bean-tor
  • Like 1

An impressive feat, no doubt! Well done! :ebert:

• Like 1

How perfect.

A beautiful post from a beautiful soul.

Aww, goose... :hug2: Thank you very much for your kind words!

• Like 1

How perfect.

HCDob5b.gif

Yes...unfortunately with regard to sexual assault, it seems that all too often, so many things are ignored. I certainly feel for you, ORFie! I'm glad that you and your banana predilection have prevailed! Bless you, too, thanks! :)

We SURVIVORS need to keep AWARENESS HIGH on this subject! :hug2:

nRzEUqh.jpg HohnDUl.gif?1

• Like 2

:hug2: Thank you kindly, vaportrailer!

It's wonderful to be back! Before I fell ill, I was able to spend time in my beloved Montréal...and you came to mind while I was roaming the streets with a head full of the Beats! :hi:

:o I apologize for ruining your ambulatory musings, and hope you enjoyed the rest of your Montreal experience. It's such an interesting city to wander around in, with so much character. Kinda reminds me of Halifax - but with less wind/seagulls and more cigarettes. :P

It's nice to see you back, Beanie (if I may call you that), and I'm sending positive Beatnik vibes your way, and hope you're feeling better.

jack-kerouac-allen-ginsberg-and-william-s-burroughs.jpg

(note Burroughs "smoking glove" lol)

• Like 1

Congratulations, Mr JD! I cannot begin to imagine what it took, but the fact that you managed the same results as other years sounds pretty amazing.

How perfect.

It is inspiring to hear your story; thank you for sharing it with us Beanie! I have a female member of my extended family who also is a victim of sexual assault and it's encouraging for her to hear (through me, she is not on here) that there is life and a future afterward. Your openness is wonderful. :heart:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1