What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Brought Ma home this morning after a day of fun and games (and surgery) at Mayo Clinic. Everything is peachy.... :haz:

No, wait....I have to wait on her hand & foot now.....so WRONG THREAD.... :P

Wishing both of you rapid healing!

• Like 2

Brought Ma home this morning after a day of fun and games (and surgery) at Mayo Clinic. Everything is peachy.... :haz:

No, wait....I have to wait on her hand & foot now.....so WRONG THREAD.... :P

Wishing both of you rapid healing!

She's gonna heal up fine. My emotional scars from waiting on her may never heal..... :P :P :LOL:

• Like 3

GO DENIS GO!

http://e2.365dm.com/17/02/16-9/20/skysports-denis-shapovalov-davis-cup-tennis_3885793.jpg?20170206084413

I convinced myself it was only money and bought one of Geddy's sunbird photos on eBay. Yes, before you give me the diatribe, I know these sellers buy up limited editions of stuff just to sell them on. I would have gladly paid CWF the money for a print but they were already sold out before I could do so. I reasoned that it is a good photo that I will enjoy looking at for years, and I'm not likely to go birding in South Africa any time soon. I don't have a 500mm lens for the Nikon anyway. Sunbirds are gorgeous. Hey, Geddy! Come to Oz for parrots and other pretty birds.
  • Like 3

After spending 2 months looking for a second part time/evening job, I FINALY got an offer. I checked my email on my phone this morning when I got to work and saw an email that said Congratulations on your offer and it was from Lowe's! I interviewed for a cashier position there last week. I'm so excited...I work at a insurance company full time and having this extra job, I will finally get to pay off my credit card debt faster! Edited by Leanne
  • Like 7

I was so busy locating solar eclipse glasses for my elderly parents in Pittsburgh, I forgot to get any for myself and Mr. blues. Looked at Lowes yesterday only to be told there are none to be found anywhere in town. I put the news of my stupidity out on the NextDoor internet site, kind of a town internet forum. Someone up the street that I didn't know messaged me right away and offered me two free pairs.

Mr. blues and I show up and he is our age and wearing a Yes tee shirt! Had a nice talk about favorite bands. :) Nice guy and a very nice experience, plus now I will be able to see whatever it is! :LOL:

• Like 1

I saw some clouds building so decided to head west. Now 44 miles east of Columbus SC. From this point on Eclipse Day 2017 is 100% Winging it because everything under the Sun is in tune and very soon the Sun will be eclipsed by the Moon :D Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3

My first day of running things wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The former person in charge moved to Vancouver Island. I will probably be at TRF a lot less. No one will miss me anyway.

My first day of running things wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The former person in charge moved to Vancouver Island. I will probably be at TRF a lot less. No one will miss me anyway.

I probably missed it in another thread, but what are you running? I'm glad your first day went ok!

I probably missed it in another thread, but what are you running? I'm glad your first day went ok!

I'm a M.O.M. now. Medical Office Manager. It scares the hell outta me.

I'm a M.O.M. now. Medical Office Manager. It scares the hell outta me.

Wow! Congrats! I'm sure you will be fine. They wouldn't have picked you if you couldn't do the job. It does sound pretty strenuous, though!

I'm going to London tomorrow, so this is more a "what will make your day tomorrow" post, but what the heck. A friend and his girlfriend was supposed to go together, but she had to cancel so I got the offer. We're going to see a screening with a meet & greet with Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero. If you're familiar with the worst movie ever made, you know their names ;)

This is movie we're going to see:

http://youtu.be/rZXdU3iuAyI

First time going to London. Must remember to look to the right first!

• Like 3

I'm going to London tomorrow, so this is more a "what will make your day tomorrow" post, but what the heck. A friend and his girlfriend was supposed to go together, but she had to cancel so I got the offer. We're going to see a screening with a meet & greet with Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero. If you're familiar with the worst movie ever made, you know their names ;)

This is movie we're going to see:

http://youtu.be/rZXdU3iuAyI

First time going to London. Must remember to look to the right first!

How far is that from Denmark and how long does it take for you to get there?

Had my first Double Cheese pizza in 20 plus years...Bold pepperoni too....JETS is the BEST PIZZA EVER!!!

http://i.imgur.com/eY9bECC.gif

• Like 3

Finally had carpet installed in the basement. Yummy chocolate brown color. :)

Six months of remodeling the downstairs are coming to a close. Just have to install baseboards, moulding, oak wrap for the floor post, and it will be DONE!!

Finally had carpet installed in the basement. Yummy chocolate brown color. :)

Six months of remodeling the downstairs are coming to a close. Just have to install baseboards, moulding, oak wrap for the floor post, and it will be DONE!!

Congrats! Now, sit back and enjoy!
  • Like 1