What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I had the day off from work so I took my dog on a walk at the nature trail about a mile from my house. i then noticed a couple walking the other way with their dog and we exchanged pleasantries. But then I noticed a familiarity. Bill? Suzi? Hi, I',m Bob ********. She was a close coworker that I worked with for 10 years and hadn't seen since 93. We used to hang out all the time (no monkey business, just friends). She was married to Bill at the time and still is. They were shocked when they realized it was me.

As we talked a little more, we realized we lived about 1/4 mile from each other. The last I knew, they lived in a custom home about 25 miles away.

It was a brief talk since their dog was stressing out, but a pleasant chance meeting. They're regulars on that trail so we'll likely meet again.

I also attended my close high school friend's wedding a couple of months ago. We hadn't seen each other in 35 years. But it was great...we immediately starting ripping on each other like it was yesterday. It's becoming an interesting summer of catching up to people I haven't seen in years. I tend to loose contact with people in my past frequently...for no known reason, we just move on.

• Like 2

After five and a half years of renting, we finally settled on a new construction house today, and will be fully moved in by Wednesday night.

That's a pretty good day.

Be sure everything is ok as you are moving in, two days is pretty fast to build a house ;) ;)

Congrats !!

• Like 1

I had the day off from work so I took my dog on a walk at the nature trail about a mile from my house. i then noticed a couple walking the other way with their dog and we exchanged pleasantries. But then I noticed a familiarity. Bill? Suzi? Hi, I',m Bob ********. She was a close coworker that I worked with for 10 years and hadn't seen since 93. We used to hang out all the time (no monkey business, just friends). She was married to Bill at the time and still is. They were shocked when they realized it was me.

As we talked a little more, we realized we lived about 1/4 mile from each other. The last I knew, they lived in a custom home about 25 miles away.

It was a brief talk since their dog was stressing out, but a pleasant chance meeting. They're regulars on that trail so we'll likely meet again.

I also attended my close high school friend's wedding a couple of months ago. We hadn't seen each other in 35 years. But it was great...we immediately starting ripping on each other like it was yesterday. It's becoming an interesting summer of catching up to people I haven't seen in years. I tend to loose contact with people in my past frequently...for no known reason, we just move on.

It's funny when you meet people again after many years, especially when there's no hard feelings between you. I had friends I had lost contact with for almost 7 years, and then out of the blue we get in touch, and we start riffing on each other like it was yesterday. Kind of feels like coming home in a way.

• Like 1

Found out the couple moving in to the Apt. next to me are a Friend from school, and Boy Scouts and his wife...used to live in Washington State. Good Friend!

http://i.imgur.com/jm4Q0D6.jpg

• Like 1

Today was my Friday at work! Going to run errands and get things done tomorrow and Friday. Saturday I'm going to go see my dad and hang out with friends. :)

I'm resting after work when Rocky starts barking his ass off. At first I don't see what he's all lathered up about, until I see this big, say two foot long (plus another foot for the tail) iguana shuffle across the lawn and up our tree. They're becoming a bit of a problem here.

I'm resting after work when Rocky starts barking his ass off. At first I don't see what he's all lathered up about, until I see this big, say two foot long (plus another foot for the tail) iguana shuffle across the lawn and up our tree. They're becoming a bit of a problem here.

I grew up in north Florida and saw plenty of snakes and gators but never any big 'ol iguanas.

Do you call animal control services for that? Or do you just nudge them along with a broom?

I grew up in north Florida and saw plenty of snakes and gators but never any big 'ol iguanas.

Do you call animal control services for that? Or do you just nudge them along with a broom?

Grab the broom. There are now a couple of companies down here that specifically deal with iguana control, from fence like barriers up to and including trapping and removal. Edited by pjbear05

Grab the broom. There are now a couple of companies down here that specifically deal with iguana control, from fence like barriers up to and including trapping and removal.

Ah ok.

Florida's so big that I sometimes forget how varied the wildlife actually is.

Grab the broom. There are now a couple of companies down here that specifically deal with iguana control, from fence like barriers up to and including trapping and removal.

Ah ok.

Ain't about big, were outta space. My area is built out from the Atlantic to US 27 on the edge of the Everglades. Basically we're invading their space, and they are retaliating.

Ah ok.

Ain't about big, were outta space. My area is built out from the Atlantic to US 27 on the edge of the Everglades. Basically we're invading their space, and they are retaliating.

Yeah, i understand that. But it is about size too. That is, more wildlife lands that are being used for housing, golf courses, shopping complexes, etc.

Central Florida in particular was crazy different from the 70s. Unrecognizable really. You probably know that already.

The realization that within 5 to 6 years with proper financial planning, I will be able to buy myself a house. It means keeping the expenditures down while simultaneously setting money aside and investing some of it, and not having a car. That hopefully means that when it's time for retirement, the house will be almost paid out, and I will have a place to live on my pension.

Responsibility is the kind that makes my day nowadays ;)

Did I really just convince the Cirque du Soleil to collaborate with Arcade Fire? Yes, I think I did.

Most dad's might not be too thrilled to have their son say he wants to learn to play the flute, but I am stoked about it. :dweez:

iananderson.jpg

• Like 5

Most dad's might not be too thrilled to have their son say he wants to learn to play the flute, but I am stoked about it. :dweez:

iananderson.jpg

This good old "Japanese pentatonic" scale might come in handy: 1-b2-4-b5-b7 (ie: in C: C-Db-F-Gb-Bb)

Great way to deal with long tones and vibrato too!

• Like 1

iananderson.jpg

If he gets good, they can use flutists in the rock world. There aren't many of them. When Ray Thomas was unceremoniously given the boot by Jus retired from the Moodies, there weren't many to be had to take his place. Finally found a female to do the job, but it was hard for her because she had been trained in classical music.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Got a new backlit keyboard so I don't have to search for the letters anymore....

http://i.imgur.com/eluHu9Z.gif

• Like 1

Just a few minutes ago, my closest buddy sent me a pic of him holding his newborn baby daughter at the hospital. :hail:

I LOVE it when that kind of stuff happens!!!

http://i.imgur.com/Kt5D2y8.gif

• Like 1

Brought Ma home this morning after a day of fun and games (and surgery) at Mayo Clinic. Everything is peachy.... :haz:

No, wait....I have to wait on her hand & foot now.....so WRONG THREAD.... :P

• Like 4