What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Well, I finished up a Clockwork Angles related art piece, should I post it on trf?

I feel proud of this piece I did, it shows a lot of skills and talent :)

Yes you should! I'm thinking of doing a Rush related mural with spray paint this summer. I was a bit of a graffiti artist once lol.

• Like 2

... realizing that for the first time in a long while, I had two good night's of sleep followed by two good days of work. I hope I can extend that streak to three as I have an important project to finish on Monday.
  • Like 4

Being able to be in a Rush tribute show. I know I may of complained a bit but I am so happy.

Doing this, was a dream of mine for so long, I never knew it was gonna happen, and I never thought it would until they played Tom Sawyer that day. :heart:

Also, the David Bowie tribute show I was in was this last weekend, it was the best, better than the New Wave show for sure! :)

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 2

I saw a mama bear and three cubs strolling across my yard. These are the first bears I have seen in my neighborhood, and I've been here for 15 years!
  • Like 5

Peace and quiet. Like a lot of things we take for granted. It's like heaven at the moment.

I thrive on both.

There is less and less silence around.

Why is it that most people seem to not like silence?

Things that make you go, "HMMMMMMMMMMM"

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20Kitty.jpg

• Like 2

Peace and quiet. Like a lot of things we take for granted. It's like heaven at the moment.

I thrive on both.

I know this gets old. And I have posted about it. We have people living with us at the moment. Most of the time it is total chaos. I need my space and not three kids running around all day being loud ect. Great kids but this sh** is getting old big time.

• Like 2

I thrive on both.

I know this gets old. And I have posted about it. We have people living with us at the moment. Most of the time it is total chaos. I need my space and not three kids running around all day being loud ect. Great kids but this sh** is getting old big time.

I thought they were gone. When are they leaving?

• Like 2

I thrive on both.

I thought they were gone. When are they leaving?

That's a damn good question. At this point, I have no idea.

• Like 2

Just watched the first robin leave the nest, and now it's hopping around the back garden.

Do you have a lot more birds around this year? We do. Lots of squirrels too. Don't know how they survived our brutal winter, but they did.

We've got birds galore here - on our roof pecking after whatever it is that's on our roof. In our yard pecking away for worms and whatnot. In our trees with their youngsters.

I love sitting outside and watching all of them.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Just watched the first robin leave the nest, and now it's hopping around the back garden.

Do you have a lot more birds around this year? We do. Lots of squirrels too. Don't know how they survived our brutal winter, but they did.

We've got birds galore here - on our roof pecking after whatever it is that's on our roof. In our yard pecking away for worms and whatnot. In our trees with their youngsters.

I get up every once in a while from my chair in the living room and go to the rear facing windows in my two bedrooms to watch the fowl moving around outside, and if it's a cool day, I open the windows to listen as well. We seem to have more Starlings this year, and Cardinals are here also, Robins are ubiquitous also...their calls are etched into my brain from years of them...I do not remember a Spring/Summer/Fall without them. Lots of western Finches and American Gold Finches this year. Another type of Woodpeckter had shown up in the last month, haven't seen it yet. The Downy Woodpecker left the area about the same time the new one showed up. The new one's tapping, was a deeper sounding tapping, and then there was a unique Call I don't remember ever hearing before...That Gray Tree frog I'd been hearing has left this area, and I've heard a bunch more in this area...LOUD litter buggers!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Man%20on%20pile%20of%20bananas%20sm.jpg

• Like 3

I get up every once in a while from my chair in the living room and go to the rear facing windows in my two bedrooms to watch the fowl moving around outside, and if it's a cool day, I open the windows to listen as well. We seem to have more Starlings this year, and Cardinals are here also, Robins are ubiquitous also...their calls are etched into my brain from years of them...I do not remember a Spring/Summer/Fall without them. Lots of western Finches and American Gold Finches this year. Another type of Woodpeckter had shown up in the last month, haven't seen it yet. The Downy Woodpecker left the area about the same time the new one showed up. The new one's tapping, was a deeper sounding tapping, and then there was a unique Call I don't remember ever hearing before...That Gray Tree frog I'd been hearing has left this area, and I've heard a bunch more in this area...LOUD litter buggers!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Man%20on%20pile%20of%20bananas%20sm.jpg

We never used to have woodpeckers, but they started showing up about five years ago. At first, just a few. Now, we have a lot. I noticed though that they leave for a few months in the summer and return towards the end again, so we have them in the Spring and late Summer. Why they do that, I have no idea.

I love listening to all of their different songs. I especially love the Robin because they are the first one I hear in the morning and the last at night.

• Like 2

Loads of birds, and it's wonderful. I spent much of the day watching the three robin younglings work their way around the yard, with Momma Robin checking in with food for them. Edited by goose
  • Like 3

Loads of birds, and it's wonderful. I spent much of the day watching the three robin younglings work their way around the yard, with Momma Robin checking in with floor for them.

It just seems to me that there are a lot more birds this year than ever and I don't know why that is.

Lots of bumble bees too.

Maybe I'm sitting on a goldmine piece of property and don't know it.

• Like 3

Loads of birds, and it's wonderful. I spent much of the day watching the three robin younglings work their way around the yard, with Momma Robin checking in with floor for them.

It just seems to me that there are a lot more birds this year than ever and I don't know why that is.

Lots of bumble bees too.

Maybe I'm sitting on a goldmine piece of property and don't know it.

They all just migrate/ follow where the best food source is. Also, weather plays a big part as well.

• Like 3