What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Have you seen "High Plains Drifter" ORF?

I am sorry, of course you have

I think it is one of Clint's best piece of work

:finbar: :finbar:

yes...good film...

:banana:

I just love the narrative and why I think Clint has much more acting talent than the bunch of other tough guys.

A remote little town lets the evil gang horsewhip the sherriff to death and Clint rides in and gradually exposes corruption, incest, and nasty things.

We are never told but we all know that Clint is the ghost of the murdered sheriff come back to wreak his terrible revenge.

In the end he paints the town red and calls it "Hell"

Such a great macabre story.

That is why Clint is such a great and talented actor

Someone above says "Where is Alaska"

I will phone Sarah Palin and Alaska?

Oh dear sorry very very poor, it was not worth the effort, I apologise :drool: :drool:

Well the way I see it is that state is a beautiful wonderful wilderness if you like that sort of thing. But being snowed up in a cabin for 9 months of the year is just my idea of what hell would be, each to their own I understand. My idea of heaven is where you can go to the beach and have a barbeque and a few beers and a sing song with your friends in January. So I guess, South Portugal or California or Thailand would be my heaven. Nothing stupid hot, just about 90 degrees with a lovely sea breeze all year round

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Sorry I miss read the post. He said "where in Alaska" not "where is Alaska". Apologies for my dyslexia :P :P :P :P

I once went Ski-ing with a friend who also sufferers dyslexia.

I said to him "Ok we will go down this slope and Zag Zig all the way down"

He said " No Steve it is Zig Zag not Zag Zig"

So I said ok there is a guy on a sledge over there we will ask him

Excuse me, when you ski from side to side is it Zag Zig or Zig Zag?

"No idea, I am a tobboganist"

So I said "Oh ok can I have a packet of Lucky Strike and some matches please?"

Oh dear

It's getting worse

Sorry sorry :o :o :o

yes...good film...

I just love the narrative and why I think Clint has much more acting talent than the bunch of other tough guys.

A remote little town lets the evil gang horsewhip the sherriff to death and Clint rides in and gradually exposes corruption, incest, and nasty things.

We are never told but we all know that Clint is the ghost of the murdered sheriff come back to wreak his terrible revenge.

Oh dear sorry very very poor, it was not worth the effort, I apologise :drool: :drool:

Well the way I see it is that state is a beautiful wonderful wilderness if you like that sort of thing. But being snowed up in a cabin for 9 months of the year is just my idea of what hell would be, each to their own I understand. My idea of heaven is where you can go to the beach and have a barbeque and a few beers and a sing song with your friends in January. So I guess, South Portugal or California or Thailand would be my heaven. Nothing stupid hot, just about 90 degrees with a lovely sea breeze all year round

You are not stuck in a cabin for nine months. :LOL: And if for some reason a person was, It would be an emergency situation. We have beaches all though not in the tropical sense. That's why you go to Hawaii, Florida or another tropical environment for vacation. Beer, BBQ and the best fishing in the world. As far as Kalifornia goes, Have at it. I grew up there and it is a sh**hole now. :D

• Like 1

yes...good film...

You are not stuck in a cabin for nine months. :LOL: And if for some reason a person was, It would be an emergency situation. We have beaches all though not in the tropical sense. That's why you go to Hawaii, Florida or another tropical environment for vacation. Beer, BBQ and the best fishing in the world. As far as Kalifornia goes, Have at it. I grew up there and it is a sh**hole now. :D

So sorry I never meant to diss Alaska I promise. I apologise for my stupid comment. I just don't like the cold, and where I live is f***ing cold in winter.

I know Alaska is a very very beautiful unspoilt place, I have watched documentaries XXXX

• Like 1

yes...good film...

So sorry I never meant to diss Alaska I promise. I apologise for my stupid comment. I just don't like the cold, and where I live is f***ing cold in winter.

I know Alaska is a very very beautiful unspoilt place, I have watched documentaries XXXX

No need to apologize. It's all good. A lot of folks get the wrong impression about Alaska. Some even think we all live in igloos. :LOL:

• Like 2

Yes I have seen a guy from my neck of the woods who loves his fishing, Robson Green, he says the Alaskan lakes provide the best fresh water fishing in the world

Sorry sorry sorry

Quit saying you're sorry dude. BTW, I prefer the fresh water streams. :hail:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Yes I have seen a guy from my neck of the woods who loves his fishing, Robson Green, he says the Alaskan lakes provide the best fresh water fishing in the world

Sorry sorry sorry

Honestly man I don't get the wrong impression, I know that it is a beautiful place to live and more friendly and more community. I see programmes that talk of people leaving their terrible stressful life in LA to live in Alaska. I think maybe if I may say please, there was a story about a successful banker in the City of London who just had a breakdown from all of the pressure of his job. When he came out of hospital he cashed in his shares and sold his London house for £3 million and moved his family to a Scottish Island and bought a small farm. Now they have a much better life

• Like 1

Sorry so much, I just don't like the cold, because I have lived all of my life in the cold of the North East of England by the freezing cold North Sea ha ha.

I think a more simple life in the warm in Thailand would be good for me :drool: :drool: :finbar: :finbar: ;) ;) :P :P :D :D

Sorry sorry sorry

Honestly man I don't get the wrong impression, I know that it is a beautiful place to live and more friendly and more community. I see programmes that talk of people leaving their terrible stressful life in LA to live in Alaska. I think maybe if I may say please, there was a story about a successful banker in the City of London who just had a breakdown from all of the pressure of his job. When he came out of hospital he cashed in his shares and sold his London house for £3 million and moved his family to a Scottish Island and bought a small farm. Now they have a much better life

I would love to visit Europe and other places some day. Ireland and Scotland for sure.

• Like 1

Sorry so much, I just don't like the cold, because I have lived all of my life in the cold of the North East of England by the freezing cold North Sea ha ha.

I think a more simple life in the warm in Thailand would be good for me :drool: :drool: :finbar: :finbar: ;) ;) :P :P :D :D

No more sorry dude!! :LOL:

• Like 1

I for the 1st time in my life became an owner of a classic pinball machine.

Very cool! I'd love to see photos of your new beaut if possible!

I will when I get it in my home next week. The seller was very understanding of my current situation regarding my better 1/2. I can tell you I am so excited and have realized I am going to get the best of enjoying my mini mid-life crisis :P Most men who go through this phase buy convertible sports cars I got a pinball machine :LMAO:

• Like 2

Sorry sorry sorry

I would love to visit Europe and other places some day. Ireland and Scotland for sure.

Ireland and Scotland are so beautiful if you don't mind rain and 50 degrees

But you should visit the Lake District national park in North west England. It is one of the most beautiful places in the world. XXXX

http://www.aboutbritain.com/images/articles/big/lake-district-n-p-grasmere-66874576.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-61FJc0CVJCM/Uns8mCdn8rI/AAAAAAAAZqY/jnmRya9sNoE/s1600/Lake+District+National+Park+Wallpapers+(7).jpg

• Like 1

No more sorry dude!! :LOL:

OK man take care XX

I will when I get it in my home next week. The seller was very understanding of my current situation regarding my better 1/2. I can tell you I am so excited and have realized I am going to get the best of enjoying my mini mid-life crisis :P Most men who go through this phase buy convertible sports cars I got a pinball machine :LMAO:

:D

• Like 2

Sorry sorry sorry

But you should visit the Lake District national park in North west England. It is one of the most beautiful places in the world. XXXX

http://www.aboutbritain.com/images/articles/big/lake-district-n-p-grasmere-66874576.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-61FJc0CVJCM/Uns8mCdn8rI/AAAAAAAAZqY/jnmRya9sNoE/s1600/Lake+District+National+Park+Wallpapers+(7).jpg

Thanks,

I will keep that in mind. Nice photos. :cheers:

• Like 1

Longtime friend surprised me with a visit. Always nice seeing mr Alaskan pilot every now and then :)

Where in Alaska?

Some village near Bethel starting with an E :LOL:

Probably Elim.

Emmonak, but he's apparently changing base soon

• Like 1

Sorry sorry sorry

Thanks,

Hey man!! I LOVE the Who

Do you know that Roger said in an interview that they never started making any sort of profit until 1965 because all of the money they made from gigs just paid for new equipment to replace the stuff they had smashed up!!??

And Keith Moon never actually drove a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool, but he DID ride a Harley into the lobby of the Holiday Inn at full pelt!!!

• Like 1

Spent the morning and early afternoon at the Barrett-Jackson collector car show and auction in Palm Beach. Walked about first, looking at vehicles that were being sold or already were sold. Checked out the exhibitors hall and got to sit behind the wheel of a 2017 Viper, OMG what a RUSH! Then went into the staging area where the vehicles are prepared before going into the main hall and onto the auction block. Chevrolet Performance displayed a nasty looking 1969 Chevelle resto-mod with a 376 crate motor; body in a sharp black metal flake. Talked with a Ford rep about the Explorer, as that will likely be my next actual vehicle purchase (if the price of the Viper didn't do me in, the costs of insurance would). The TV broadcasts of the show are nice, but seeing the vehicles close up was too cool.

Then went to bar owned by a family of ex-Detroiters for a taste from home. Coney dogs and chili fries. Have mercy!

• Like 2

Sorry sorry sorry

Thanks,

Hey man!! I LOVE the Who

Do you know that Roger said in an interview that they never started making any sort of profit until 1965 because all of the money they made from gigs just paid for new equipment to replace the stuff they had smashed up!!??

And Keith Moon never actually drove a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool, but he DID ride a Harley into the lobby of the Holiday Inn at full pelt!!!

Sounds like Keith. :LOL:

BTW, have you ever heard of Ruston Gas Turbines? It's a British company. I worked on their turbines for almost twenty years here in Alaska. I would love to do that again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruston_(engine_builder)

• Like 1

Sorry sorry sorry

Troutman

Sorry again to bother you

True story I promise, if you don't believe me please Google it.

Moony played a hand of cards with one of the road crew before a big gig in US. He had to take an "Elephant Tranquiliser" as a forfeit which he did!!!. The band went on and Moonny got slower and slower and started to pass out. The manager and road crew had to inject amphetimees and adrenilin substitute to bring him back.

True story!!!!

• Like 1

:heart:

:heart:

I love Elton John's version as well. Maybe even more.