What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

So today I went into the record store. And I went to the "Latest records corner" And there. 3 records in, I saw Frank Zappa Sheik Yerbouti in mint condition and a original pressing!

Guess what... it came with me home! :)

• Like 3

My new computer arrived yesterday....Dell XPS bla bla bla...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/Dell%20XPS%202-13-17%201%20sm.jpghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/Dell%20XPS%202-13-17%202%20sm.jpg

my mouse worked right away, so I have an extra one it this one craps out.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20at%20computer.gif

Congrats! Does it seem super-fast?

A little bit....more rules to follow, and I feel I really need to let everyone know that MICROSUX does exactly that. IT SUX BAAAAAAAD.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/angry%20banana%20smiley%20sm.jpg

So today I went into the record store. And I went to the "Latest records corner" And there. 3 records in, I saw Frank Zappa Sheik Yerbouti in mint condition and a original pressing!

My favorite album title ever!

4762d9a49edd4395ae662a692150a650.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, its great!

Now I have 3 Zappa albums on vinyl record.

Sheik Yerbouti

Joe´s Garage (Act I, II and III)

200 Motels

Next one I need to find is Baby Snakes! Really rare one! But it took me like 3 years to find Sheik Yerbouti, so I got patience! :) And when I did find it, it was in mint, so that was even better :D

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 1

I remembered the NEW password I'd put on my Laptop to prevent confusion between it and the new desktop. A LOT of neat things happened today, but getting the stuff on my laptop transferred to the Desk top is proving difficult, I'm using a LAN cable for 100MB per second speed....Found a video on it on YouTube, but in order for this to work, BOTH computers need to have Wi-Fi turned OFF so i can't watch it and do it at the same time...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20at%20computer.gif

Like 2 weeks ago, I asked on a another music forum which Black Sabbath "Never Say Die!" vinyl record pressing that is best to get. Then after a while I get a private message from a guy that I had never talked to before, someone from USA. He said he would send me a mint first original pressing for free. I tried to pay him, but he refused money.

Today I got the record in the mail, and it looks better then he explained. So I got a super good quality vinyl record all for free!

Made me so happy!

There are some cool people in this world. Congrats!

I got that record for X-mas from a friend in '78. I think I still have it, even though most of my Vinyl collection was sold after I went Digital with my first CD Recorder and then changed in for a Professional CD usually remastered. even then. All my Vinyl was played once, to record, and then put in a polyvinyl sleeve then back in the cardboard sleeve...neat that you got that gift!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Thumbs%20up%20banana%202%20sm.jpg

• Like 1

I always go to CVS but the Rite Aid was on the way home, and at the cash register they had Ice Cubes for $.39 each which is my all-time favorite candy since I was a kid .
  • Like 3

I always go to CVS but the Rite Aid was on the way home, and at the cash register they had Ice Cubes for $.39 each which is my all-time favorite candy since I was a kid .

I'm with ya there! There used to be a Pharmacy I always went to, Saline Pharmacy, and they had a small dish of Ice Cubes at the cash register also! I've loved those since then, back in the mid '70s!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Food%20-Cooking/OldCandy-IceCubes.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana-Monkey%20hiding.gif

• Like 2

Sent a birthday package to my "old flame" from college. Two pounds of freshly ground coffee: french vanilla supreme and hazelnut.

She loved it. :yes:

• Like 1

My mum bringing me a coffee and hot ham and egg sandwich in bed for me this morning!! ha ha

Am I a mummy's boy?

Hell yeah!

I lived on my own from the age of 20 to 43 when my step father died. My brother and sister live abroad with their families so I sold my apartment and moved home

You see two can live nearly as cheap as one.

I am proud to be a mummies boy.

She cleans the house, I look after the gardens and our cars. She watches her TV in the lounge and I watch TV in the kitchen, we don't tread on each others toes.

Good happy arrangement :-) :-)

• Like 2

I drive an 07 Pontiac. It's CD player broke recently, so I ordered a replacement from a salvage yard. The car's on-board computer all operates through the head unit, so I wanted to stay with a factory model rather than converting the whole system to aftermarket.

Installing the replacement unit was simple, only took about 30 minutes. But when I got it installed, it would only display "theft lock", preventing operation. I researched online and found that the system is tied to my car's VIN, and only a GM dealership could reset it.

I went to the local Chevy dealership (Pontiac no longer exists) and was disgusted when they tried to say it would cost 140 dollars and an hour's labor to reprogram the system. I told them no way and left.

Out of curiosity, I then stopped at the local GMC dealership and asked them. Guy said "yeah, this is no problem", and in about 5 minutes, programmed it. No charge. They weren't busy and the guy was super friendly. A little chit chat and on my way.

Can't believe the different experiences you can get by shopping around just a little bit. That GMC tech absolutely made my day. I won't hesitate to give that dealership my business in the future.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 3

I drive an 07 Pontiac. It's CD player broke recently, so I ordered a replacement from a salvage yard. The car's on-board computer all operates through the head unit, so I wanted to stay with a factory model rather than converting the whole system to aftermarket.

Installing the replacement unit was simple, only took about 30 minutes. But when I got it installed, it would only display "theft lock", preventing operation. I researched online and found that the system is tied to my car's VIN, and only a GM dealership could reset it.

I went to the local Chevy dealership (Pontiac no longer exists) and was disgusted when they tried to say it would cost 140 dollars and an hour's labor to reprogram the system. I told them no way and left.

Out of curiosity, I then stopped at the local GMC dealership and asked them. Guy said "yeah, this is no problem", and in about 5 minutes, programmed it. No charge. They weren't busy and the guy was super friendly. A little chit chat and on my way.

Can't believe the different experiences you can get by shopping around just a little bit. That GMC tech absolutely made my day. I won't hesitate to give that dealership my business in the future.

Yeah, sometimes there can be such a difference between dealerships. I don't know why people even go to certain ones around here when other ones are really nice and have good repairs, too!

Yeah, its great!

Sheik Yerbouti

200 Motels

Next one I need to find is Baby Snakes! Really rare one! But it took me like 3 years to find Sheik Yerbouti, so I got patience! :) And when I did find it, it was in mint, so that was even better :D

Don't fool yourself .....Ayy Yyy Yyy Ya

Yeah, its great!

Sheik Yerbouti

200 Motels

Don't fool yourself .....Ayy Yyy Yyy Ya

Frank has about 25 hours of unreleased demo's from his studio

Wonder if they will ever surface?

Suppose we have to ask Dweezil and Moon that question

• Like 1

Sent a birthday package to my "old flame" from college. Two pounds of freshly ground coffee: french vanilla supreme and hazelnut.

She loved it. :yes:

That's what I mixed for a few years. Now I mix the local grocery's company brand, Caramel creme and Cinnamon Hazelnut. YUM! I also now am using Stevia extract [better Stevia Brand] It's a NO ADDITIVES(read as the stuff the corporations use to bolster the weight, therefor allowing them to CHARGE MORE for their product.) and now I'm all 'natural' about my sweetener, and don't have to worry about my body suffering about chemical components. I also found a good maker of 'official' Ceylon Cinnamon powder.[ what a lot of people consider 'REAL cinnamon' and not what is used by most major corporate companies, Google it].http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Coffee/coffee2-smiley.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Minion%20banana.gif

Finally got rid of some ugly mirrored wardrobes that have been taking up space in my room since we moved last year. I haven't been home to see it yet, but I can't wait to have all that space!
  • Like 1

So I found a original pressing in Nmint of the album Lita by Lita Ford on discogs. And I was talking to the seller about the record (asking if it really was Nmint and such). And then he did not reply for a few hours. And now this morning he sent me a message it had already been bought by someone else, and it is gone from discogs...

I hate when this happends! :(

All I got is a stupid reissue from 2013 of this album... :(

Well, I would feel sorry, but it was karma.

Well I wrote this a couple of days ago in the What Made You Sad Today-thread. But today I found a US original pressing in mint, still sealed! And I got it! It is on its way home to me! I can not wait until I get my hands on it! Finally a original pressing from 1988! This is even better then the one I lost first. :yay:

• Like 2

So I found a original pressing in Nmint of the album Lita by Lita Ford on discogs. And I was talking to the seller about the record (asking if it really was Nmint and such). And then he did not reply for a few hours. And now this morning he sent me a message it had already been bought by someone else, and it is gone from discogs...

I hate when this happends! :(

All I got is a stupid reissue from 2013 of this album... :(

Well, I would feel sorry, but it was karma.

Well I wrote this a couple of days ago in the What Made You Sad Today-thread. But today I found a US original pressing in mint, still sealed! And I got it! It is on its way home to me! I can not wait until I get my hands on it! Finally a original pressing from 1988! This is even better then the one I lost first. :yay:

Not karma at all.

Persistence and luck!

• Like 3

My son had his first swim meet Fri-Sunday as an 11 year old, and I knew he had swam well, but his coach told me tonight that the Lad set the team record in the 200yd breast stroke.

:dweez:

• Like 5

My son had his first swim meet Fri-Sunday as an 11 year old, and I knew he had swam well, but his coach told me tonight that the Lad set the team record in the 200yd breast stroke.

:dweez:

That's cool Goose

I never had kids, the closest I came was my ex who dumped me and would not let me see her son no more.

Ripped my f***ing heart out.

There is no greater thing than a man and his boy doing stuff together.

So happy for you. Just let your boy do what he wants to do in life. Support him and keep him away from drugs and too much alcohol and bad influences.

I am sure he will grow up to make you proud of him Goose.

So jealous of what you have :(

• Like 1