What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Johnny, That is indeed what Carrie Fisher looks like nowadays.....

And I don't think making jokes about Trans-genders is very funny, actually.....

Edited by OldRUSHfan

HERE IT IS!!! On my iTunes FUN TUNES playlist, one of my FAVORITE '60s, songs, "Pictures of Matchstick Men" by The Status Quo! YES!!!http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Yay%20%20Woo-Hoo%20%20etc/YES-2.gif

who is making a joke out of transgenders?

• Like 2

Isn't Bruce Jenner's new name Caitlyn after her Trans Gender operation? Or maybe Carrie looks a little 'man-ish' and I assumed that's what you were refering to? I think Caitlyn is gorgeous, myself.... If that's not what you were refering to, my apologies, but in this day and age, it seems to come from every corner. men, women, EVERYONE seems to think it's the new PARIAH to shoot at.....

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Isn't Bruce Jenner's new name Caitlyn after his Trans Gender operation? Or maybe Carrie looks a little 'man-ish' and I assumed that's what you were refering to? I think Caitlyn is gorgeous, myself....

Good for you. Getting offended because I think that they look alike seems a bit overly sensitive and is in no way an attack on Caitlyn's choices. Silly.

• Like 4

Isn't Bruce Jenner's new name Caitlyn after his Trans Gender operation? Or maybe Carrie looks a little 'man-ish' and I assumed that's what you were refering to? I think Caitlyn is gorgeous, myself....

Good for you. Getting offended because I think that they look alike seems a bit overly sensitive and is in no way an attack on Caitlyn's choices. Silly.

Exactly. (1) I didn't think you were making fun, (2) I never mentioned Caitlyn, (3) I know that that's Carrie but she looks very different these days. <-----this is a completely neutral observation from my perspective.

• Like 1

Talking to mom & dad over the phone and plotting a visit to see them and most/all of the Clan Blaze in April. Every time I meet family it's like some kind of superhero team-up. :)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_34.jpg

:blaze:

I don't doubt it. :LOL:

What do you mean?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_35.jpg

:LOL:

• Like 2

Talking to mom & dad over the phone and plotting a visit to see them and most/all of the Clan Blaze in April. Every time I meet family it's like some kind of superhero team-up. :)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_34.jpg

What do you mean?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_35.jpg

I can't see your picture, but if you are a chip off the ole' blocks, and you and the Blaze brothers are similar in personality, I don't doubt that a gathering of the Blaze Family is a superhero team-up of sorts. :cool:

I think that making a joke about anything is fine if the joke is funny or just meant to be funny. It would be discrimination otherwise.

What do you mean?

I can't see your picture, but if you are a chip off the ole' blocks, and you and the Blaze brothers are similar in personality, I don't doubt that a gathering of the Blaze Family is a superhero team-up of sorts. :cool:

Oh man, too bad you can't see this one because it's one of my favorites:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_36.jpg

:LOL: :cheers:

Well, our sense of humor is very similar but our personalities are very different. But we all love movies so we quote them all the time (Predator, Karate Kid, and Breakfast Club are usuals). And we're all Rush fans!

Those 3 pics: I had bought my 5 brothers these Power Ranger type masks as a kind of gag gift for Christmas. Each primary colored mask has a number on it that corresponds to the order of birth. And I had looked for a toy that suits each of their personality/nickname/hobby (it was harder than you might think). So in the last pic they're posing in a cheeseball superhero way and some are holding their toy. They just happen to be sitting on the living room sofa which I think is funny. The two previous pics were taken at Universal Studios with myself, two bros, and two Marvel characters. :blaze:

• Like 3

Being able to go for a hike with my 84-year-old parents. Every day they continue to stay happy and healthy is a wonderful gift.

That's awesome.

I especially love seeing pics of my parents (76 & 79 years old) on some Caribbean cruise or other trip abroad. They take trips just the two of them or with other Blaze family members but they always look like they're enjoying themselves so much so that my wife sometimes says, "I hope we can be like your parents when we reach their age." Yeah, you can say that again. :)

• Like 3

I aced my exam today! :sundog: :D

Congratulations! That must feel great!

It certainly does :). I knew I would pass during my exam, and I had a feeling my grade would be okay, but I wouldn't have dreamed of getting A+. I've always felt that some of my less desirable personality traits, like insecurity and shyness, came across and deducted from what I was saying. I always felt ruled out because of who I was, and not for what I said. Yesterday I moved past that and that makes my grade even sweeter :)

• Like 2

Being able to go for a hike with my 84-year-old parents. Every day they continue to stay happy and healthy is a wonderful gift.

That's awesome.

I especially love seeing pics of my parents (76 & 79 years old) on some Caribbean cruise or other trip abroad. They take trips just the two of them or with other Blaze family members but they always look like they're enjoying themselves so much so that my wife sometimes says, "I hope we can be like your parents when we reach their age." Yeah, you can say that again. :)

That sounds like the way to do it. Reminds me of how I always find it beautiful when I see an older couple still holding hands. :)

• Like 3

I'm kind of 50/50 about it, but today's my last day of vacation from 12/30. Going back to work tomorrow, will meet my new boss for the first time, and see how much catching up I need to do. Because of staff shortages, its likely no one worked any of my caseload unless something major happened, and if they did, I would still need to input information in the subject's folder on my computers hard drive. But none of that even gets started until I wade through two weeks of emails. On the upside, I will be starting what will probably be my last year of work before retiring after 28 years in. A long, strange trip, indeed :chickendance: Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2