What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

This did. My wife and I have been driving around junk cars for so many years now because we couldn't afford anything else for so long. Until very recently we hadn't bought a "new" car since the mid 90's sometime and it really has sucked for the most part. For a year or two there we only has one POS car between us. Well things have improved over the past couple years and I got her a brand new VW Jetta in June. Its a 4 year lease and we can swing it and she deserves it if anyone on this planet does. Well today I got mine and it felt good. It is a 10 year old vehicle that no joke couldn't look any newer if it tried. Only 69,000 miles in those 10 years which amounts to a grocery getter at 6900 miles per year. Not a mark on the body or interior anywhere. I have payments for 48 months but we can swing them. Heck as little as I drive anymore and with a bit of luck I could be driving this thing for the rest of my life as I will take great care of it. The pics aren't great as I took them at the dealer real quick to text to my wife. A 2005 Dodge Dakota 4x4 in a brilliant deep blue original paint. I love this thing already and have the ATWAS CD in the dash already.... :wub:

http://s21.postimg.org/50edtjb9z/20151127_123745.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/7xbkbs181/20151127_123755.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/d4buy2jp7/20151127_123735.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/gtal801kp/20151127_123812.jpg

Finally!!! Narpski deserves this one... :D-13:

And Narps, this looks wonderful. Jealous of the extended cab- nice!! :) :)

• Like 2

Actually,

It was early Saturday morning after work. I got a ride home in the back of a police car. :D

Glad you got home OK! Won't ask for details! :D :D

It's all good,

My job is only five minutes away. I have started walking instead of warming up my van for ten or fifteen minutes just for work. I was walking home and I noticed a few police cars down the road. As I got close an officer kept shining his light on me. Once I encountered him. He told me that there was some guy walking around with a rifle. He said I could go home but it was at my own risk. I stood around for about ten minutes after calling home. Finally, I approached him and asked if I could get a ride home. He said sure. I have never been in the back of a police car. Man, that sucks!! :LOL: No leg room at all and its all plastic. Plus, the seating is so low. I thanked him and I was home safe and sound. :D

• Like 5

Actually,

It was early Saturday morning after work. I got a ride home in the back of a police car. :D

It's all good,

My job is only five minutes away. I have started walking instead of warming up my van for ten or fifteen minutes just for work. I was walking home and I noticed a few police cars down the road. As I got close an officer kept shining his light on me. Once I encountered him. He told me that there was some guy walking around with a rifle. He said I could go home but it was at my own risk. I stood around for about ten minutes after calling home. Finally, I approached him and asked if I could get a ride home. He said sure. I have never been in the back of a police car. Man, that sucks!! :LOL: No leg room at all and its all plastic. Plus, the seating is so low. I thanked him and I was home safe and sound. :D

That's was a nice gesture of him.

• Like 1

Actually,

It's all good,

We had someone walking around our neighborhood with a rifle pointing it at people two weeks ago. Maybe he made his way up to your neck of the woods.

Glad you made it home safe. And that was very nice of the cops to give you a lift home.

• Like 1

Just scored 6th row seats for David Gilmour at Radio City Music Hall on 10 April!!!

Shows at RCMH are more intimate and better than at MSG. Glad you were able to get tickets to see him! So close too!!

The sound at Radio City Music Hall is just incredible. I saw Rush there on the R30 Tour and it was the best sounding show I've ever been to. Other than Rush, I've seen Roger Waters, Stryper, Stevie Nicks & Joe Walsh, Cheap Trick & John Waite, Dire Straits and Sheryl Crow there...just a magical venue.

• Like 2

Just scored 6th row seats for David Gilmour at Radio City Music Hall on 10 April!!!

Shows at RCMH are more intimate and better than at MSG. Glad you were able to get tickets to see him! So close too!!

The sound at Radio City Music Hall is just incredible. I saw Rush there on the R30 Tour and it was the best sounding show I've ever been to. Other than Rush, I've seen Roger Waters, Stryper, Stevie Nicks & Joe Walsh, Cheap Trick & John Waite, Dire Straits and Sheryl Crow there...just a magical venue.

I would have loved to have seen Rush in a place like that or Carnegie Hall.

• Like 1

Actually,

It's all good,

Buddy and I were walking in the cold once, and a small town cop gave us a ride in his cruiser. I got to sit in the front!

• Like 3

I have a dream of attending a concert at RCMH

• Like 2

Once again, it's my #1 Fun Songs Playlist! Currently playing, "Breach Of Lease" by BLOODROCK from the BLOODROCK 3 album! YAY!!!!

Actually,

It's all good,

Buddy and I were walking in the cold once, and a small town cop gave us a ride in his cruiser. I got to sit in the front!

I sat in the back of a cop car once, after crashing my jeep in the winter. Better than sitting on the ground, but not by much.

• Like 1

Actually,

It's all good,

I sat in the back of a cop car once, after crashing my jeep in the winter. Better than sitting on the ground, but not by much.

Yeah,

Not by much at all. :LOL:

My work computer is now programmed to play Kerosene by Miranda Lambert at will. Don't know how that happened, but it's kinda cool.

Presinks! Actually deliveries....new enya album, Jet "Get Born", a new snow brush and ice breaker combo and a new 5 gal. SHARPS container all arrived today.....