What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

There was a special adoption event at the animal shelter where my wife and I volunteer this weekend.

48 dogs and cats have found new homes as a result.

Lots of money and supplies for the shelter was donated as well.

It was a hot and humid day here in NJ, but so worth it!

• Like 7

Leigh Centurions knocking Wakefield Wildcats out of the Challenge Cup.

:blink: .... :)

Just got my ticket to Greensboro, NC...starting to act kinda funny. Nervous and jerky...like i have to pee all the time. Huh huh, weird huh? Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 4

my Led Zeppelin shirt came in the mail :)

http://36.media.tumblr.com/77e53ef6bac6bc699322ab29bd62bb0a/tumblr_nomcrjXKKg1s4zroko1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

Leaving work early. Attending "Field" Day at my son's elementary school. 4th grade is in the books, and I get to watch exuberant youth in action.

Something that not enough schools do. I was fortunate to be able to do it in Georgia and Tennessee, but the schools in my town in Iowa don't do it, so my brother didn't get the chance. I remember field day being an absolute blast, and one hell of a way to finish off the school year.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 2

Leaving work early. Attending "Field" Day at my son's elementary school. 4th grade is in the books, and I get to watch exuberant youth in action.

Something that not enough schools do. I was fortunate to be able to do it in Georgia and Tennessee, but the schools in my town in Iowa don't do it, so my brother didn't get the chance. I remember field day being an absolute blast, and one hell of a way to finish off the school year.

Loving it, though I'm frying in the sun.

Loving it, though I'm frying in the sun.

Enjoy it, brother. being there for/with your kids is part of the legacy you build with them. Good times!

• Like 2

There was a special adoption event at the animal shelter where my wife and I volunteer this weekend.

48 dogs and cats have found new homes as a result.

Lots of money and supplies for the shelter was donated as well.

It was a hot and humid day here in NJ, but so worth it!

That's wonderful! It breaks my heart to see so many unwanted and discarded and mistreated animals.

Our animal shelters had a big adoption weekend. Big supplement in the Sunday paper of pictures of all the cats and dogs up for adoption. I hope they all found genuinely good homes with committed caretakers who won't toss them when they happen to "interfere" with their lifestyle.

• Like 1

i left school early and my dad bought me a chocolate milkshake

Well, it was just for a few brief moments , but I got to see my man! He's been gone for a week (work trip/vacation combo). It was so nice to be wrapped in his arms again.
  • Like 2

Well, it was just for a few brief moments , but I got to see my man! He's been gone for a week (work trip/vacation combo). It was so nice to be wrapped in his arms again.

If you don't mind me asking, is this the gym guy?

I cut down part of a tree without hurting myself. Much. Just a scratch, really. Hardly any blood loss. And a wood chip flew into my eye, but the irritation has subsided quite a bit. All good.
  • Like 2

The very one. It's been a bit of a roller-coastery thing for us both - he's been separated since end of December, I more recently so, and we've had some stumbles in the communications department, primarily since we're both way out of practice on the dating thing. Taking it very slowly, though; I admittedly have been somewhat "squirrelly" at times but he has been nothing but patient and sweet.

Edited to add: the separation with my husband is a separate issue. It was going to happen sooner or later given his refusal to address certain problems in the marriage. I didn't separate in order to see gym guy.

Edited by Mara

This guy?

727a12aa7dd382da6dcc30be457ca545.jpg