What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I won a pair of tickets to :rush: off one of the local radio stations last month and they just called me to tell they are ready for pickup!!! :D

now i just hafta figure out when i can get there to pick them up! i've got 30 days. :LOL:

did they tell you the setlist yet?

i didn't ask that either!!! :LOL: i was just geeked to get the call! it's been heavy on my mind this week.

but perhaps when i'm at the station to pick up the tickets i can charm my way into a reveal, 'eh?

:coy:

• Like 2

I'm good friends with one of Gregg Allman's sons. :)

Which one?

(Wow, yourself, by the way!) :ebert:

Michael Allman. I've known him, golly, for 27 years now?

• Like 1

Which one?

Excellent!

All three of Gregg's sons became musicians themselves, didn't they? (I think he has three, and not more than that).

I won a pair of tickets to :rush: off one of the local radio stations last month and they just called me to tell they are ready for pickup!!! :D

now i just hafta figure out when i can get there to pick them up! i've got 30 days. :LOL:

did they tell you the setlist yet?

i didn't ask that either!!! :LOL: i was just geeked to get the call! it's been heavy on my mind this week.

but perhaps when i'm at the station to pick up the tickets i can charm my way into a reveal, 'eh?

:coy:

I am quite certain you could... :cool: Edited by Narpsberg

Which one?

Excellent!

All three of Gregg's sons became musicians themselves, didn't they? (I think he has three, and not more than that).

Yes. Michael is the lead singer of The Michael Allman Band. He has one album - Hard Labor Creek. He sound A LOT like his daddy.

You can find him on FB for sure. Maybe Myspace (?), YouTube and iTunes .

He lives in New Port Richey, FLA but he & the band tour all over FLA, GA and who knows where else he's booked to perform! :LOL: .

After somewhat of a frustrating session in my Pro Tools class for me and my lab partner, I celebrated turning 21 by paying a visit to some record store in Brooklyn in the snow and bought a pair of vinyls from unknown/obscure bands I wouldn't know otherwise (they carry ambient, electronic, industrial, rock stuff of primarily unknown/obscure/or low key artists) had I not spend a good half hour or so at that store. I did the same thing for the first time last year on my birthday and was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the stuff I got from there that I made it a yearly birthday tradition to go to that place and buy a record or two.

Wasn't intended to be such, but doing this yearly has been a great exercise in testing my taste in music and expanding beyond what I usually listen to. So far it's paying off and I've yet to come across a record I bought that I genuinely disliked from there. It also helps that the lad there (usually only one person watching over the place whom I presume is one of the owners of the place and I've been the only customer in the store both times I visited) is super friendly and helpful in pointing in the direction of stuff I'm yearning towards.

The fact that I've been listening to selections from my favorite "modern" bands, made my day as well. :ebert:

Which one?

Excellent!

Yes. Michael is the lead singer of The Michael Allman Band. He has one album - Hard Labor Creek. He sound A LOT like his daddy.

You can find him on FB for sure. Maybe Myspace (?), YouTube and iTunes .

He lives in New Port Richey, FLA but he & the band tour all over FLA, GA and who knows where else he's booked to perform! :LOL: .

Wow, that's cool. I'll have to try and find him in YouTube now :)

• Like 1

I used my spirit level on my smartphone to check how level my turntable was. Lo and behold it was off by 1 degree. Corrected it and was blown away by the change for the better. The bass came across much stronger and the highs weren't on the brink of distortion. Had to put Grace Under Pressure on and rock out! :rush:
  • Like 2

Watching the Time Machine Tour. Awesome concert video and Geds voice was awesome on that tour.

You're definitely in the minority with that opinion. I am, too. I thought he sounded great.

• Like 1

Watching the Time Machine Tour. Awesome concert video and Geds voice was awesome on that tour.

You're definitely in the minority with that opinion. I am, too. I thought he sounded great.

Glad you agree. I'm not meaning like 70s or 80s awesome but great for 40ish years of use and abuse.

And it's a brilliant set list. Probably my favourite tour out of the ones I've been to (3, so not very many...).

Glad you agree. I'm not meaning like 70s or 80s awesome but great for 40ish years of use and abuse.

And it's a brilliant set list. Probably my favourite tour out of the ones I've been to (3, so not very many...).

Well, you have me beat. I was only at the last two. Awesome though! Ged sounds great for a 60+-year-old guy who's hit notes higher than my annoying little brother can for the last 40 years.

• Like 1

I had a dream last night about Geddy Lee. He was standing to the side, along a road. I didn't think too much of it, other than, "How cool!" I walked past him carrying large paintings. I didn't think much of it until I found myself later in the day thinking of the dream and then it dawned on me...

I walked past Geddy Lee while moving pictures.

I nearly had a seizure.

• Like 4

I had a dream last night about Geddy Lee. He was standing to the side, along a road. I didn't think too much of it, other than, "How cool!" I walked past him carrying large paintings. I didn't think much of it until I found myself later in the day thinking of the dream and then it dawned on me...

I nearly had a seizure.

Oh, that's great!

• Like 1

I nearly had a seizure.

:LOL:

Someone at my school told me that if a guy rejects a girl and he doesn't already have a GF and he's not a busy med student with no free time, then most people will consider him to be shallow or a jerk, including his own friends. It's considered noble for a girl to put herself out there in the first place because most girls are usually to shy to do that.