What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

The weather was perfect today, and my family and I went for a day trip to Toronto. We listened to some good music driving on the highway (Disraeli Gears by Cream, Best of Buddy Holly, Relayer by Yes and A Saucerful of Secrets by Pink Floyd).

We saw the Ontario Legislative Building at Queen's Park which appears on the Moving Pictures album cover. Then, we ate lunch at Caplansky's, the deli on College Street that has a breakfast named 'the Geddy' because that's the way he likes his breakfast. Last winter, we saw Caplansky's featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (before we knew of the Geddy connection) so it was on our bucket list to try out. We each had a Knish for the main course and the Blintzes for dessert. Man, what a great lunch that was. We also bought a jar of Caplanksy's Super Extra Hot mustard as my husband and son claim it's the best mustard they've ever had. Then we walked a few blocks down College to see the Orbit Room (Alex's club). There was a door leading up the stairs to an upper floor establishment - that's all we could see. Oh well, now we've seen it. That was it as far as the Rush sightseeing was concerned.

The rest of the day was spent shopping, walking and gawking - great fun. This day had been planned during the past miserable winter, and it was nice to finally do it.

• Like 3

The weather was perfect today, and my family and I went for a day trip to Toronto. We listened to some good music driving on the highway (Disraeli Gears by Cream, Best of Buddy Holly, Relayer by Yes and A Saucerful of Secrets by Pink Floyd).

We saw the Ontario Legislative Building at Queen's Park which appears on the Moving Pictures album cover. Then, we ate lunch at Caplansky's, the deli on College Street that has a breakfast named 'the Geddy' because that's the way he likes his breakfast. Last winter, we saw Caplansky's featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (before we knew of the Geddy connection) so it was on our bucket list to try out. We each had a Knish for the main course and the Blintzes for dessert. Man, what a great lunch that was. We also bought a jar of Caplanksy's Super Extra Hot mustard as my husband and son claim it's the best mustard they've ever had. Then we walked a few blocks down College to see the Orbit Room (Alex's club). There was a door leading up the stairs to an upper floor establishment - that's all we could see. Oh well, now we've seen it. That was it as far as the Rush sightseeing was concerned.

The rest of the day was spent shopping, walking and gawking - great fun. This day had been planned during the past miserable winter, and it was nice to finally do it.

Cap's mustard is DEF the BEST mustard in any deli I've been to. Next time if you wanna check out the Orbit Room they open at 10pm and have amazing live music especially the LMT Connection a great experience for any visitor to Toronto.

Damn your post made me miss home a lil bit.

:)

• Like 1

Staying home watching some golf wouldn't have been better?.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Staying home watching some golf wouldn't have been better?.... :LOL:

:no: :P

Well yesterday my best friend who moved to Idaho last summer surprised me by showing up at my doorstep. That definitely made my summer.
  • Like 2

Had a really good day of fishing considering my friend couldn't make it. Came across the biggest bear print I have ever seen. It measured 11" wide and 13" long with out the claws. Surveying the situation he was tracking a moose. Made some noise and got the hell out of there! :P :rush:

Bear tracks that big are scary. I came across an 18" long grizzly print once, with a steaming load within 5 feet. That was at 9am and our day of work was over. We actually took three days off to make sure he was out of the area before we continued work.

My parents live 50 miles north of Green Bay, Wisconsin, and they get bears in their yard all of the time. But those are black bears. My dad walks out on to the deck and yells and they run into the wodds. Grizzlies are way more aggressive...and bigger. :scared:

My son's baseball team won the town championship. He made a really heads up play in the field to choke off a rally. But more importantly (to me) when he struck out, he calmly walked back to the dugout, racked his bat, and cheered for the next guy up. He isn't going to play for the Red Sox, but he's learning how to deal with disappointment.

Sounds like he would be a good fit on the Cubs. ;)
  • Like 1

My son's baseball team won the town championship. He made a really heads up play in the field to choke off a rally. But more importantly (to me) when he struck out, he calmly walked back to the dugout, racked his bat, and cheered for the next guy up. He isn't going to play for the Red Sox, but he's learning how to deal with disappointment.

Sounds like he would be a good fit on the Cubs. ;)

Except his team WON the championship.

• Like 1

I climbed to the top of this after a strenuous hike at 10,000 ft elevation.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/jbugboogie/0c29d141b48763b82831ab7f24d53e73.jpg

• Like 7

I climbed to the top of this after a strenuous hike at 10,000 ft elevation.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/jbugboogie/0c29d141b48763b82831ab7f24d53e73.jpg

You ROCK!! ;)

• Like 1

Free large appliance!

Our refrigerator came with the house; it was an original installation and therefore was 30 years old! Impressive, but it was on its last legs - water was collecting in the bottom and it was cooling unevenly. The freezer was fine, but the refrigerator part was scaring us. $800 - $1000 for a new one wasn't an appealing thought, but it was looking like we were going to need to bite that particular bullet soon.

Yesterday morning my mom was heading out to walk the dog and her neighbor, who was mid-move, flagged her down. "Do you know anyone who needs a refrigerator? We'll give it to anyone who can come get it." Oh hell yes.

It's a nice side-by-side Whirlpool; 4 years old, ice and water in the door. And it's bigger than the old one but still fits PERFECTLY in its designated spot.

We paid our handyman neighbor Allen to go and get it and swap it out with the old one. He wanted to charge us forty-five dollars. Um, no, Allen, here's $80 and we hope you get decent money from the scrap guy because that's all copper tubing there. Seriously, Allen, it would have cost us at least $60 to rent a U-Haul, plus it'd have taken us all damn day because you've done this kind of thing before and we haven't.

It's humming away quietly. Looks brand new. And honestly, even if it only lasts another 3-4 years? We're still coming out ahead!

• Like 2

I built a pre-fab shed today for somebody I don't even know and never even met to store stuff that was willed to him from his brother that died from a stroke a week or so ago. It made me feel good to do that for him. I like doing those things for people. Whatever.......long story....
  • Like 3

my shirt arrived in the mail :)

tumblr_n82bccOUY71s4zroko1_500.jpg

That is fu***** AWESOME!! :haz: :7up: :rush:

Where did you order it from? I want that bad! :codger: :rush:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

It's my two days off and 3:15 am in Alaska. It's party time!! :dweez: :hail:

Man....you guys up there start early..... :P

• Like 1

I ordered it from Amazon

• Like 1

I want that one too!!! :codger:
  • Like 1

I ordered it from Amazon

Thanks!!! :ebert: :rush:

Just placed my order! :dweez:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

It's my two days off and 3:15 am in Alaska. It's party time!! :dweez: :hail:

Man....you guys up there start early..... :P

It's easy to start early and end late when the sun never goes down.

I work the swing shift,

BTW, When every one clocked out I had some prep to do. Played UFO - "Lights Out" CD. :haz:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1