What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I was told I could get a tattoo! Planning it now. Not even sure when, I won't rush it right now :P

It'll be an I Love Lucy-based memorial tattoo for my grandma! It'll be awesome! I'm thinking of getting this on my forearm.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e337/hobo73/lucy-tee-141b.jpg

can't wait! I'm still without ink at 23. That's a crime.

Het, just caught the Guitar Sessions Cheap Trick episode. Pretty solid interview with Rick and Tom. And Robin can still belt it out!

AGH I missed it lol thanks for reminding me to watch it online! hahaha

oh man. Robin sounds amazing. One of the rare breeds of rock singers who can still belt it out in his 60s :)

OMG so yesterday, Lucy told me to listen to her sing and SHE SANG THE FIRST VERSE OF CARAVAN.

Edited by hobo73

Nia Vardalos talked to me at Twitter. Her family is Greek, but she grew up Winnipeg. I feel so special. Edited by Boots

Heard my niece talking on the phone. She can say uncle now :D

Her brother was twisting her arm and making her say it? ;)

Heard my niece talking on the phone. She can say uncle now :D

Her brother was twisting her arm and making her say it? ;)

She doesn't have a brother :P

In denmark we have an expression that can be used when greeting someone and saying goodbye, and when my sister says it on the phone I can hear a loud and happy yell in the background. It's so sweet :D

• Like 1

Today is my fathers 80th birthday. Way to go dad!!! :cheers: :d13: Wish I was with you to celebrate....

The possibility of a date in the near future ;)

YAY!!!!!!! =D

Yesterday I was able to do something I NEVER thought I could do- outside, Lucy was running up and down the sidewalk. I ran the entire length of the sidewalk right by her side, keeping pace and I DIDN'T LOSE MY BREATH. My heart wasn't exploding, and I was able to do it.

I've always been jealous of anyone who can not only run in public without being embarrassed, but can actually run distances without struggling to breathe.

My legs are getting so firm, I was able to try on a pair of shorts that stop way above the knee, and I looked great in them. First time that has EVER happened.

Between quitting smoking and eating better, I love the progress I've made! =D

• Like 4

Started the process of turning the play room into my older son's very own bedroom. I got the walls painted! My too-wise-for-his-age four-year-old sat there grilling me about what I was doing though.

"Why are you painting the walls? They're already painted."

I want to change the color.

"But you're painting the walls blue. They're already blue."

I want a different color of blue.

*shakes head in disbelief*

Now, just have to put up the new curtains, put together the new bed I found for him, hang the super mega cool artwork I found (poster-size replicas of old Marvel comic book covers), paint the dresser, paint the end tables and put in the rest of the furniture. Phew. But, I'm on my way.

• Like 1

Went to an oral surgeon today and had a tooth removed. Just returned home and feeling pretty buzzed right now however..... :)

Just ordered two Gojira records.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/d1/500x1000px-LL-d1c87a24_DSC01107.jpeg

In clear green limited to 600 copies!

and this

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m-qCfJhFrRod7me2hnMXylw.jpg

Supposedly limited to 500 copies.

Not that I care that much about limited editions. I buy my music to play, I'm just glad that I get a chance to purchase them :D

Edited by The Analog Grownup

My Saturday class ended. I have my weekends back to myself. My studio recording teacher was a bit of a creeper.

He wrote a song for a married woman. He said he performed it for her while her husband was out. He performed it in class too.

• Like 1

I didnt die today, that in itself is pretty impressive!!!!
  • Like 4

My mom helped me make a poodle skirt for a themed birthday party, (What can I say, I haven't used a sewing machine since the 8th grade for home-ec class...) while I got to go out on a warm spring day for a 5 mile run around the country where she lives, and I saw three swans gliding about in a big puddle in a farm field. Beautiful birds!
  • Like 1