What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I am at the gym and I see many of the same faces here each morning. A gentleman that I have seen here before just walked up to me out of nowhere and said my workouts and intensity inspire him.... :blush: Goosebumps moment

That's what I like about working out. The level of support is great! I'm a skinny body type, so I've always felt intimidated around big muscular people fearing they would laugh at me, but they are really helpful in sharing tips and helping. I guess they remember what it was like being skinny.

• Like 1

Jeff found a babysitter!! It's a customer he delivers food to regularly, always has a group of kids with her. He asked and she gave him his number, wants us to call to discuss her "cheap" rates.

YES!!! oh man, perfect. Lucy will get out of the house and play with other kids, and we will have quiet time. =D

Oh man, I also just agreed to help a good friend cook food for her upcoming baby shower. 100 people are coming 0_o

I got this!!! lol the baby shower's at peoples choice arcade. omg. I don't care that I'm 23- I LOVE that place!!! Lucy's gonna have a blast!!!

Edited by hobo73

While outside today, a red-tailed hawk flew about 20 feet over my head and let out that awesome scream they do. That was so cool!

The other day we were out for a drive and saw a bald eagle eating some prey by the side of the road. Such a big beautiful majestic bird!

:)

• Like 1

Woohoo!!! I ran my 5 k tonight that I have been preparing for the last few months. I made it around in 29 minutes flat. I thought I wasn't going to run at all due to my sore left foot but once I got going it sort of went numb ( 40 degrees out) and I finished the race. Was thrilling for sure to run and make it around for my first time. It will not be my last race.... :dweez: I know you guys probably tire of my ugly mug but my wife took a couple pics right after with my medal if you would indulge me once again :D ......

http://s7.postimg.org/5a59cm9u3/IMAG0593.jpg

• Like 5

Woohoo!!! I ran my 5 k tonight that I have been preparing for the last few months. I made it around in 29 minutes flat. I thought I wasn't going to run at all due to my sore left foot but once I got going it sort of went numb ( 40 degrees out) and I finished the race. Was thrilling for sure to run and make it around for my first time. It will not be my last race.... :dweez: I know you guys probably tire of my ugly mug but my wife took a couple pics right after with my medal if you would indulge me once again :D ......

Awesome! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

• Like 2

Congrats, man! Very cool :cheers:

My friend and her daughter agreed to help dye my hair.

Getting a bleach kit so the underside (NOT ALL my hair!!! underside!!) is super blonde. like...BLONDE. (new color for me!)

And on top of that it will be dark red w/ some blonde mixed into my bangs.

I CANNOT WAIT. So done with this hairstyle lol and I've never had more than one color in my hair :P

Where did you finish? Top 3 in your age class?

I honestly don't have a clue. It wasn't last I know that much.... :huh: :)

I got a letter from a friend in Australia today. Yesterday I got a Valentine card from the Masters program of an American law school, and the mascot at my college's basketball game kissed my hand.
  • Like 1

I got a letter from a friend in Australia today. Yesterday I got a Valentine card from the Masters program of an American law school, and the mascot at my college's basketball game kissed my hand.

^^^ I know of few things that could match this.....:LOL:

While outside today, a red-tailed hawk flew about 20 feet over my head and let out that awesome scream they do. That was so cool!

The other day we were out for a drive and saw a bald eagle eating some prey by the side of the road. Such a big beautiful majestic bird!

:)

We had an owl on the roof last night. I can listen to them all night.
  • Like 1

Awesome! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

That's sub 10:00 miles! Not bad for an old dude! :cheers:
  • Like 1

A friend of mine finally fulfilled a dream he have had for 10+ years, and went to New Orleans. He's a drummer and is crazy about the New Orleans music scene and culture. I think he'll fit right in. He has been a little adamant about it, but I kept pushing and said "Why is it not the right time? You have the time, you have the money. The only thing keeping you away is a few click on a computer!"

Happy to see him fulfill his dream :)

I finished 8th in my age class out of 20. My time was actually 28.38. The old fart that won my age group did it in 20 F-ing 40. WTF!! The overall winner was 15.40. Something like that!!! Damn. I got lot's of work to do.... :)

I finished 8th in my age class out of 20. My time was actually 28.38. The old fart that won my age group did it in 20 F-ing 40. WTF!! The overall winner was 15.40. Something like that!!! Damn. I got lot's of work to do.... :)

8th out of 20. You're in the top half. Good job.