What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I'm having way too much fun with my kids presents. I just rocked out a mega Duplo farm set that was quickly destroyed my Wolverine and Iron Man.

It felt right.

t felt right.

Edited by Janie
  • Like 3

Had a different type of Christmas yesterday.

First one I've spent with my bf's family. I kinda missed everyone in my family this year as they are on the other side of the country.

Had a great dinner with the bf's family last night at a restaurant which was kinda nice not having to do a million dishes after x-mas dinner... something I'm used to doing every year. I kinda miss all the left overs tho.

Also, prolly the best gift ever... my lil fur baby that has been sick and not eating for the last 3 days finally came out of hiding and had a lil almond milk i gave to her and then wanted her food again! :D It looks like she is on the mend. We were so worried about her

• Like 6

great news, Ya!! =D *hugs*

Lucy got a couple Barbies as well as a couple wrestling figures for christmas. She was putting on a full-blown wrestling match- before long both barbies were in a "handicap match against this guy, mama". (the girls were beating the crap out of him hahaha)

.....guess she does love wrestling! :P

• Like 3

This is kind of a selfish one but WTF. I got some gift cards for Christmas. Went out and got some new threads for working out and every day wear that actually fit my new body...... :)
  • Like 2

I just pulled off a dental miracle. I'm sure that no one can appreciate it, but I'm going to tell anyway. I had a case where a patient with a $10,000 lower implant retained denture needed it to be removed and repaired. One of the implant screws had been stripped and I was able to remove it with my dental drill and a ton of ingenuity. I modified an instrument into a flat head screwdriver and used the high speed drill to modify the stripped hex head screw and was able to get the stripped screw out without ruining or even damaging the titanium casting which is the expensive part. The diameter of the screw head was about 2mm. The patient has no idea how good this is so I'm venting here. If this didn't work, he would have had to get a whole new denture.
  • Like 5

I just pulled off a dental miracle. I'm sure that no one can appreciate it, but I'm going to tell anyway. I had a case where a patient with a $10,000 lower implant retained denture needed it to be removed and repaired. One of the implant screws had been stripped and I was able to remove it with my dental drill and a ton of ingenuity. I modified an instrument into a flat head screwdriver and used the high speed drill to modify the stripped hex head screw and was able to get the stripped screw out without ruining or even damaging the titanium casting which is the expensive part. The diameter of the screw head was about 2mm. The patient has no idea how good this is so I'm venting here. If this didn't work, he would have had to get a whole new denture.

You're like MacGyver Dentist...which coincidentally in a Rush related connection: the theme to that show originally was Tom Sawyer in Brazil.

• Like 4

Kudos. As an HVAC technician I pulled of many a mechanical miracle and not many would understand but me the difficulty of it all. I realize HVAC is not as important as what you apparently do, but it gave me chills when I did it anyway. Lot's of pride involved.... :cheers: Edited by Narpet
  • Like 2

I donated 5 large trash bags full of clothes to Good Will. Hopefully some folks can get some good use out of them.... :)
  • Like 4

Hi everyone!!! :hi:

I freaking love love LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my new job here at Allstate. :7up: I'm so so so happy. :wub: My boss is the one that got me into insurance a couple years ago, and he's the bestest and my coworkers rock! I work around new cars all day long in downtown Portland.

Life is so good right now.

I just wanted to say hi and to let you all know I ain't fergitten ya! :wub:

• Like 8

Jeff just came home visibly upset. After assuring him he could tell me, he said while on his route, just after delivering a pizza he heard a hail of gunfire.

He said he saw a guy stumble out of a house "completely torn to shreds from bullets. Blood just....pouring. He's dead now. He's dead."

He turned white, telling me how he heard bullets whiz right by his face. He dove into his car and floored it.

.....all day I had a horrible, nauseating feeling. I knew he would experience something.

I'm VERY happy he's ok!! I'm blocking out the details he gave me of the other guy.

Hi everyone!!! :hi:

I freaking love love LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my new job here at Allstate. :7up: I'm so so so happy. :wub: My boss is the one that got me into insurance a couple years ago, and he's the bestest and my coworkers rock! I work around new cars all day long in downtown Portland.

Life is so good right now.

I just wanted to say hi and to let you all know I ain't fergitten ya! :wub:

It warms my heart when people are happy.... :cheers: my dear
  • Like 1

Sunny :sundog: and 41 degrees here........ :haz: Grillin' some DELICIOUS steaks on the Weber......

But it won't last long......tomorrow night will be -12.... :boo hiss:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Sunny :sundog: and 41 degrees here........ :haz: Grillin' some DELICIOUS steaks on the Weber......

But it won't last long......tomorrow night will be -12.... :boo hiss:

Guess no need in asking what will piss you off tomorrow....

Yesterday my son and I skated at Fenway Park, where BC will be hosting Notre Dame Saturday night. I wish instead of hours of "ice time" my kids got to experience pond hockey now and then.

The day before my kids skated with Pat Patriot. Yesterday my son skated with Wally the Green Monster. When I come back I want to be my kids.

• Like 4