What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (Draco @ Sep 2 2011, 08:23 PM)
I took a drive on a very curvy back road.  Doesn't sound like much, but the scenery was breath taking.  That was very nice.

I made the same drive. This time, I took pictures. smile.gif

http://www.rushweb.net/pics/personal/9_2011/003.jpg

http://www.rushweb.net/pics/personal/9_2011/006.jpg

http://www.rushweb.net/pics/personal/9_2011/012.jpg

http://www.rushweb.net/pics/personal/9_2011/011.jpg

And something I never expected to see in California! (At least in the Bay Area).

http://www.rushweb.net/pics/personal/9_2011/018.jpg

I found out that the girl who sits next to me in Spanish is in ROTC.

She asked me today if I'd like to go to every home football game for FREE as her guest, since ROTC security are allowed to bring a guest each game they work.

I gleefully accepted. I get my briefing tomorrow. laugh.gif

I'm still in a state of utter shock and disbelief.

For me, going to a live Husker game isn't just a spectator sport.

It's an experience.

It's like a religious pilgrimage.

I owe this girl like everything. All I basically have to do is hang out with her and direct drunk people (or those perhaps bringing in alcohol -- not in MY Memorial Stadium!) to the nearest police officer.

I'm soooooooo excited. Not sure if she's doing the game tomorrow but she said it's a strong possibility.

Fresno State better watch OUT! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Sep 10 2011, 12:21 AM)
I found out that the girl who sits next to me in Spanish is in ROTC.
She asked me today if I'd like to go to every home football game for FREE as her guest, since ROTC security are allowed to bring a guest each game they work.
I gleefully accepted. I get my briefing tomorrow. laugh.gif

I'm still in a state of utter shock and disbelief.
For me, going to a live Husker game isn't just a spectator sport.
It's an experience.
It's like a religious pilgrimage.

I owe this girl like everything. All I basically have to do is hang out with her and direct drunk people (or those perhaps bringing in alcohol -- not in MY Memorial Stadium!) to the nearest police officer.

I'm soooooooo excited. Not sure if she's doing the game tomorrow but she said it's a strong possibility.
Fresno State better watch OUT! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Wow! Pretty cool!

You're just settling right on in aren't you?

Good for you, Writer.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dan and I went to the mall Friday for the first time in ages. I was actually surprised at how well it's doing...I expected it to be half-empty and decaying. We didn't luck out finding the trail maps he was looking for at EMS (we'd find them in another store yesterday), but we had a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesday and then went to Best Buy. Holy cow, did they have the early Rush albums! Everything up to Power Windows, so we filled in a few gaps! They also had a Rush starman tee, but not in Dan's size, and I have plenty.

I think I forgot to mention I found an AFTK wall hanging at the state fair...they had a bunch of Rush shirts, too.

We also took a nice walk along the canal yesterday. Beautiful weekend...

This is really for yesterday.

Driving home from work in the pouring rain with BCC 2 cranked up in the car. Every song was great, but the real highlights for that kind of driving were:

The Battle for Hadrian's Wall

Save Me

Faithless

Ordinary Son

Little Secret

Cold

It was a perfect mix of weather, tunes, car, and time to drive.

Today is my Friday.

I got a raise.

I'm going to San Francisco to shop and chill with my kids on Sunday.

Today is my friday.

common001.gif

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 22 2011, 08:59 AM)
This is really for yesterday.

Driving home from work in the pouring rain with BCC 2 cranked up in the car.  Every song was great, but the real highlights for that kind of driving were:

The Battle for Hadrian's Wall
Save Me
Faithless
Ordinary Son
Little Secret
Cold

It was a perfect mix of weather, tunes, car, and time to drive.

That's one of my favorite albums this year. 1022.gif An Ordinary Son and Smokestack Woman are my favorites.

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 22 2011, 09:21 AM)
I'm rockin' the blue and gray TRF skin and really liking it!

Been doing that for some time now, it's like the civil war on my computer.

RMS Panthers 26

CMS Wildcats 24

My son, the awesome right guard, led the QB into the endzone for the go-ahead touchdown. Again. 1022.gif

Seeing these kids work together to come back and win makes my day.

Congrats to your son's team, GG! smile.gif

Aahh, such a good day!

Classes went well, great discussion in English today. Really love that class.

Went on a nice, long bike ride around the trails and around the football stadium today.

Bible study was tonight; enlightening as always.

Watched Person of Interest and The Big Bang Theory. The former's actually really good. (Hopefully it doesn't get CANCELED.)

And tomorrow's Friday -- and Fringe! Not to mention there's this new show, A Gifted Man, that looks kind of like Medium meets ER or something crazy and that's right before Fringe.

(Yes, shameless TV junkie here.)

Looking forward to the weekend!

Edited by CMWriter

Got tons of questions and positive comments about my Rush baseball shirt last weekend. Need to write them up in the "does anyone comment on your Rush gear" thread, but then I'll probably get b'd out for wearing Rush gear when I should be buying more music. C'mon people, I can't take my music everywhere I go like I can my clothes, and start conversations with it...and that's what I really want to do, talk to people about Rush! I can listen to the music in the car and when I go home.

Okay that was long-winded, but I needed to vent, and that made my day too. tongue.gif

This gal I know from the church I'm now attending (as opposed to my home church) made a meal for me and the other girls in our college Bible study group. It felt so wonderful to get a home-cooked meal (tacos!) instead of having to eat dining hall food again. She's such a sweet lady and it's kind of like having a mom away from home. I'm so glad I've gotten to know her and the other girls, who are kind of like my older sisters. It's just really great to have close connections, even away from home.

Oh, and I also saw a pretty darn stellar episode of Stargate that had me practically in tears by the end. Not exactly uncommon for me, Miss Emotional TV Watcher, but aaahh it was so good. ;w;

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 3 2011, 01:05 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 3 2011, 02:24 PM)
I just paid off the last of my Student Loan! biggrin.gif

THAT is awesome. A great accomplishment in this economy. Good for you. trink39.gif

Thanks Jim. I am so happy right now you have no idea smile.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 3 2011, 03:37 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 3 2011, 01:05 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 3 2011, 02:24 PM)
I just paid off the last of my Student Loan! biggrin.gif

THAT is awesome. A great accomplishment in this economy. Good for you. trink39.gif

Thanks Jim. I am so happy right now you have no idea smile.gif

smile.gif that's awesome YBT! yes.gif