What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

This day is turning out SO PERFECTLY it's just wonderful~ heart.gif

Last night I came home. Not home to my dorm, but HOME home. Hard to believe how much I missed my room (with my art!! wub.gif) and my bookshelf and even the fact that we have nice toilet paper. And even my bed (even though my favourite blanket is still back in Lincoln). Went to dinner with my folks last night... it was so nice to not be eating dining hall food. laugh.gif

Slept in this morning, woke up in a familiar environment, and I didn't have to climb down from a lofted bed. I could just roll out.

Then my day got REALLY great when I woke up and found...

...A MEMBER TITLE!!!

And I love it!!! I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw it and had this moment of, "Oh my God, they ACTUALLY gave me one!!" Love love love love LOVE it! (:

And then it got even better when my dad just came home about an hour ago with our DTV converter... so now we have the Big Ten Network and we can catch the HUSKER GAME!!

(Red Out Around the World today, yahoo!)

Of course I'll only be home about a weeked a month but it's still cool that we'll now never miss another game.

Big Ten Network, oh yeah!

I took a drive along the California Coast yesterday.

http://www.rushweb.net/pics/personal/IMG_0010.jpg

http://www.rushweb.net/pics/personal/IMG_0060.jpg

http://www.rushweb.net/pics/personal/IMG_0075.jpg

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 5 2011, 10:44 PM)
It's my birthday, and I got 2112 posts.

Congrats!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Quite a double-milestone!

Went back to school today. As I went past Memorial Stadium I actually got chills up and down my spine and in my arms as I read that fantastic motto on the southwest side:

"Not the victory but the action;

Not the goal but the game;

In the deed the glory."

Whoo-hoo, I just got little chills typing that.

Or maybe the AC's down to 68 again.

Anyways. Still takes my breath away to this day. That is the Husker spirit. That is the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. That is what I live and stand by in my life. Words to live by, my friends. Words to live by.

I was a little surprised how much I missed it, but it was great to see my roomies and friends once again. Home's nice, but I've grown accustomed to this place... it's become a home to me now.

Braved the rain to see Starship at the Fair today, and it was the best show of the four we went to see. Also exchanged big smiles with another female Rush fan in a blue girly Trees tee (I had the BTLS one on), and got an AFTK wall hanging (and the guy selling it was funny) biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Draco @ Sep 2 2011, 11:23 PM)
I took a drive on a very curvy back road. Doesn't sound like much, but the scenery was breath taking. That was very nice.

i love winding rds,, good call

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Sep 5 2011, 09:14 PM)
Braved the rain to see Starship at the Fair today, and it was the best show of the four we went to see. Also exchanged big smiles with another female Rush fan in a blue girly Trees tee (I had the BTLS one on), and got an AFTK wall hanging (and the guy selling it was funny) biggrin.gif

Starship? unsure.gif

Those other shows must have been AWFUL

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 5 2011, 11:42 PM)
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/95008.jpg

So, I'm watching one of my favorite movies, 'Singles' and I caught this, which I had never caught before!? Very cool.

See now we know you're payin attention. wink.gif

laugh.gif Seriously, good eye, good eye. applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 6 2011, 01:42 PM)

So, I'm watching one of my favorite movies, 'Singles' and I caught this, which I had never caught before!? Very cool.

Hey man, where's DeSoto?

Right before AIC, yeah? One of my favorite movies..must've seen it a billion times.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 6 2011, 07:18 PM)

Hey man, where's DeSoto?

Right before AIC, yeah? One of my favorite movies..must've seen it a billion times.

laugh.gif

I live my life like a French movie, Steve!

Mime: I'LL TELL YA 'BOUT LOVE! LOVE, DISAPPEARS BABY! EVERY TIME I'VE BEEN BROKE, BABE HAS BEEN OFF LIKE A PROM DRESS!

Girl: Maybe it's the girls you choose?

Mime: HEY! MAYBE I'VE BEEN HURT! MAYBE I'VE BEEN DOGGED!

Steve: Does anybody know where this place is?

Fantastic movie. A personal favorite.

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 7 2011, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 6 2011, 07:18 PM)

Hey man, where's DeSoto?

laugh.gif

I live my life like a French movie, Steve!

Mime: I'LL TELL YA 'BOUT LOVE! LOVE, DISAPPEARS BABY! EVERY TIME I'VE BEEN BROKE, BABE HAS BEEN OFF LIKE A PROM DRESS!

Girl: Maybe it's the girls you choose?

Mime: HEY! MAYBE I'VE BEEN HURT! MAYBE I'VE BEEN DOGGED!

Steve: Does anybody know where this place is?

Fantastic movie. A personal favorite.

laugh.gif

Yeah!

It took me about 3 times to notice that the mime was Eric Stoltz. It took another 2 times to notice that he was exhaling smoke from a cigarette that didn't exist. Watch it again if you didn't catch those thangs.

Back when that movie came out, I remember some of my friends having the conversation about which character we each were. My answer then is the same as now, "I'm all of them." On an even more personal note, that movie made me want to read more about the northwest which led to my eventual move there. And looking back, if it weren't for THAT move, I likely wouldn't have moved (about 4 years later) to where I am now. smile.gif

LOL. I know nothing!!! tongue.gif I wish it was the whole day, I never get tried of being with her. Sappy I know, but she does it to me. She is a very nice person. wub.gif

Nothing so far for today.

But I had a pretty good day yesterday.

When I walked out of Philosophy & Logic yesterday I heard playing from the bell tower...

The Harry Potter theme!!! laugh.gif

("Hedwig's Theme", to use the right title.) I was so happy. And it was unmistakable. I think someone up there's a Potter fan because I've heard it a couple times walking out. They play the fight song sometimes too.

Came back, studied, and I discovered an extremely epic record store. Extremely. Epic. It was incredible. I was actually looking for a Presto LP but I found a CD of it!! And on the first try too! Ended up talking to the manager at the front desk for like an hour and half about RUSH, musicians, R&RHoF; everything. Really cool guy. Saw ASoH LP too but it was fifteen bucks and I need to not spend all my money. Presto was five bucks. BARGAIN!

And last night I just hung out and watched The Dead Zone (the movie with Christopher Walken).. and then started re-reading the book. Haha.

My internet's working now so that's made my day today.

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Sep 7 2011, 04:19 AM)
LOL. I know nothing!!! tongue.gif  I wish it was the whole day, I never get tried of being with her. Sappy I know, but she does it to me. She is a very nice person.  wub.gif

heart.gif Awwww - so sweet..! heart.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 6 2011, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Sep 6 2011, 07:59 PM)
Having a nice evening with my GF!!

I know what that means!

laugh.gif

Hubba hubba.

smile.gif Glad to hear you enjoyed the day with the person you love most!

I get to have that for 3.5 days starting tomorrow evening biggrin.gif

I love long weekends!

wub.gif

I volunteered in my son's class today and walking into the room, the teacher said to the kids, "We have a special guest today..." and before she could finish, my son loudly exclaims, "MEEEE!" in front of everyone. Really son? Cuz I think it's me. Knock yourself out though.

laugh.gif

Seriously though, how much would you give to enter an establishment and proclaim yourself as the special guest who has now arrived? Would make grocery shopping helluva lot more fun. "I AM HERE AND WANT TO PURCHASE YOUR BANANAS!"

When the power was finally restored late last night,

after being down in S.D. County,ariz., and parts of mex.

for about 7 hrs..1st time that a major blackout has happened

here in the 34 yrs. I been here. I woke up this morning, and I had

power in my computer...

that was awesome! I was totally stoked!! yes.gif

653.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif