What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I saw two guys wearing RUSH shirts yesterday, the same day I was wearing mine.

Two! TWO!! Freaking awesome. Didn't get their numbers, but still a nice change from all the Led Zeppelin/Beatles/Bob Marley shirts... which are everywhere.

Today's been a ton better than yesterday. Got to all my classes without conflict, plans for dinner with a friend tonight, and most of my studying's done since I did it yesterday. Life is good.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Aug 24 2011, 02:55 PM)
Two! TWO!! Freaking awesome. Didn't get their numbers, but still a nice change from all the Led Zeppelin/Beatles/Bob Marley shirts... which are everywhere.

Today's been a ton better than yesterday. Got to all my classes without conflict, plans for dinner with a friend tonight, and most of my studying's done since I did it yesterday. Life is good.

Yeah I met a guy in a Rush Tshirt after at the Journey/Foreigner concert Sun.

Awesome Rockin Concert, btw. Packed out.

Asked him if he'd ever been on TRF and he said he used to visit but had never posted.

Told him to come back. He was there with his kid who said, "Yeah! Rush!"

So it looks like he has been teaching him the important things in life. laugh.gif

Seemed like a nice guy.

Glad things are smoothing out for ya, Writer. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Inthend @ Aug 24 2011, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Aug 24 2011, 02:55 PM)

Yeah I met a guy in a Rush Tshirt after at the Journey/Foreigner concert Sun.

Awesome Rockin Concert, btw. Packed out.

Asked him if he'd ever been on TRF and he said he used to visit but had never posted.

Told him to come back. He was there with his kid who said, "Yeah! Rush!"

So it looks like he has been teaching him the important things in life. laugh.gif

Seemed like a nice guy.

Glad things are smoothing out for ya, Writer. trink39.gif

Thanks, yeah, me too. Just had to get over a few bumps but I hope things'll be smooth sailing so long as I keep up with all my work, work ahead, and all that. (:

And I know that there are a couple RUSH fans on my floor.

One of them's pretty handsome. |3

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 24 2011, 04:48 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 23 2011, 12:07 AM)
About 20 minutes ago I hear junior #2 up in his room squealing like a stuck pig. I race upstairs and see this...

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/Latest040.jpg

Just about made my heart melt. Junior #1 had grabbed all of Junior #2's books, piled them in the crib, hurled himself into the crib and was "teaching" brother about colors and shapes.

Junior #2 was squealing from sheer joy at having brother in his crib.

These two are so cute together. A few weeks back, I actually put the crib into my older son's room (he insisted). The crib was only in there for two nights because neither child slept. They stayed up all night playing and laughing.

I miss this era when I see things like this. Thanks for sharing.

This scenario has become a nightly occurrence. Junior #1 is in the crib with Junior #2 right now. I went up there a few minutes ago because I could hear them. I opened the door and the first thing I hear is, "I love my brother!" Those two are having a good time, reading books and laughing and talking. I told Junior #1 he could be in the crib for a while longer but then he has to go in his own bed.

I cherish these moments. I get hugs and kisses all the time and I know that before I know it, they'll be teenagers and the last thing they'll want to do is give their old mom a hug and a kiss. So cute moments like this, totally make my day.

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Aug 28 2011, 01:56 AM)
QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Aug 28 2011, 01:38 AM)
Told the girl I like I've had a crush on her...and to my surprise she said she's had a huge crush on me for a long time as well! Also she thinks I'm cute and amazing :')

I thought you had a boyfriend

poly-amory

I managed to walk all around downtown this morning and I didn't buy anything. I'm quite proud of myself, considering I just stocked up at Walmart yesterday. Making a list helps because then you're not walking out with way more than you planned for! tongue.gif

Shot a 40 today while I was playing with my golf teacher and a couple of my friends who are on varsity. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

(And on the 9th hole, I made a 115 yard shot into the hole for birdie ohmy.gif yes.gif)

I survived my first college quiz.

..Okay, it was only fifteen questions, but still a milestone for me!

Oh! Oh! I also found this really cool record store (I think they have CDs and stuff too) relatively close to campus so I might check it out later today or tomorrow or something. Of course, fat lot of good it will do me since I don't have a record player, but it would be cool just to browse around.

Edited to say I will die of happiness if they've got a RUSH LP I don't already own... and there's quite a few of those.

(Presto! Presto! Presto! Pleeeeeease!)

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Aug 29 2011, 11:29 PM)
Learned some Hall & Oates on piano. Got a gift from my friend.

Cool. H&O got some great songs. Glad you got a gift.

Can't remember running in to you here. So an offical "Glad you're here." 2.gif trink39.gif 2.gif

Checked out your pic.

Hubba hubba.

Good luck with your band and art! yes.gif

Saw three other Rush shirts at the State Fair (besides my own) so far! Got my first full-length Rush vinyl on Monday, from a new Facebook friend who asked if anybody wanted PeW in a Rush group, and happens to be from my town! Only $6!!! Also on Monday, I had a customer at work tell me his brother-in-law would be proud of me for having Rush pics up. "Likes Rush, does he?" I asked, and he said, "Oh yeah, he saw them 8 times this year alone". When I asked his name, turns out I know him from Facebook Rush groups! We Rush fans stick together new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif The best part was, my customer said he always teased his brother-in-law about Rush until he went to the Syracuse show with him and sat in the front row. No more teasing cool.gif Edited by 1 of the 7

Long, heartfelt talk about everything and nothing with one of my roomies.

Been having a rough night for no apparent reason and it was just nice to talk to someone who understands how it feels.

I actually feel much better now. heart.gif

Since I probably won't be here tomorrow, this is a little early...tomorrow is my Rushversary (one year ago tomorrow was my first show, where I fell in love with Rush and became a true fan). Ever since, they have been the "something" that always fires the light that gets in my eyes...the feelings I had at that show have never faded. I have every hope it'll go on forever, or as long as it can. Thanks to all of you for being part of the Rush community I've discovered this past year - here's to many more years of friendship! trink39.gif

Thank you 2.gif ! AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

My laundry.

It just made me happy.

I pulled it out of the dryer (my first load since I started college! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif) and it smelled sooo wonderful (I got this amazing detergent) and it was warm and... ohhh my gosh. I really liked it.

Yay, clean clothes! (:

I know how pathetic it must sound ("it's just laundry") but I rather enjoyed pulling them out.

The dryers here are free. Maybe I'll just randomly spin my clothes in the dryer to make them warm. xD

This is from my garden this morning-

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/librarianJ/002-1.jpg

It just needs a little top hat!

I don't think I could eat this. Maybe I should have it bronzed or something... laugh.gif

Edited by librarian