What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Feeling quite useful after changing out the front door lockset. The old one had broken, and we couldn't get the damn door open. You have no idea how much you take something like a functional DOOR for granted until you've spent four days with only the rear sliding glass door for ingress/egress.

Firstly , a DAY OFF..and what I'm doing? posting on trf lol, haven't had a chance in about a week...

Saw you beautiful people on the post pictures of YOU! and damn you guys look awesome! One day I'll put up a pic of me n Mrs B O B

and last certainly not least...my niece flew in from Jersey for an REU (real experience units? maybe?) class at Case Western in Cleveland, and a few weekends til 7/30 she's staying HERE. She's in the next room asleep,yeah at 11:30. We've been having a lotta fun catchin up on family, our lives all the good and bad stuff til 2:30am...we crash into our beds like sacks of shit...I've had early shifts for a couple days, so it was so much fun to fall asleep to the orig TRON yesterday afternoon with her in Diane's chair. Mel curls herself into a little ball like one of the cats, sleeping without making a sound, I drift off...miss the big lightcycle scene...she said she woke up n saw me asleep, she said she put her head back down lol. Whatta blast to have family here that "get" you, finish your sentences, laugh at your stupid shit, and just basically remind you of who you really are, where you came from, and how you got to where you are.

smile.gif

*snif*

ps....shhhh we're keeping her wink.gif laugh.gif

I got a B+ on my term paper. I got one of the best grades on it that i know of. My teacher said i had some of the best developed ideas she has read and that my paper was one of her favorites. She is a picky reader and i was lucky to get a B+, considering I winged the paper!

Made it to one of my best friend's grad parties today.. and found out she and my other long-time friend (we're like a little trio laugh.gif) are both going to be able to make it to my party.

I swear, we should've just rented out a place and had one big grad party.

But anyways, it was great. We always look forward to chances to get together, since we're all really busy. My friends and I also started throwing out the idea of traveling down to Kansas City, so... here's crossing my fingers! One of my friends has relatives down there, so they could board us. Hopefully it works out. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The wings tonight at Buffalo Wild Wings!

They were excellent. The Mango Habanero were spicy tonight, spicier than usual, and all the wings had tons of sauce. It was practically a case of "would you like some chicken with that sauce?" but they were amazing. Mmm... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Something funny just happened... was just dancing around in the living room.. the shades are drawn in there but the angle of the sunlight makes my silhouette visible and I got whistled at. laugh.gif I got embarassed and dropped to the ground and I heard the "aww come back"

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 1 2011, 12:04 AM)
Something funny just happened... was just dancing around in the living room.. the shades are drawn in there but the angle of the sunlight makes my silhouette visible and I got whistled at. laugh.gif I got embarassed and dropped to the ground and I heard the "aww come back"

z7shysterical.gif

Ahhh crap

sorry

I couldn't contain my excitement... wink.gif laugh.gif

This exchange between -Jane- and me:

-Ender- Check out the skulls on this strap I just got for my Strat.  Its the one on the right.

-Jane- Very cool, my underwear has skulls on it.

-Ender- All of your underwear?  Or just today?

-Jane- Today.  I try to wear skulls every day somewhere on my person.  Because this is business casual, I have to be kinda discreet.  But we are IT, so they give us some leeway.

Gotta love the IT leeway!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 31 2011, 11:04 PM)
Something funny just happened... was just dancing around in the living room.. the shades are drawn in there but the angle of the sunlight makes my silhouette visible and I got whistled at. laugh.gif  I got embarassed and dropped to the ground and I heard the "aww come back"

z7shysterical.gif

Awesome. Just...awesome.

Dance like no one is watching. Words to live by.

...At least until someone actually starts watching. Then, scared.gif

28 pages on MS Word and 10,000 words later, I finally finished a short writing project I started about a month ago. biggrin.gif

I always like when I can actually finish what I start, because too often I lose steam and never do. So I had decided to tackle something a little smaller, and now I feel ready to take on something a little bigger...

...Like the multi-part art/writing project I'm starting tonight.

Onward! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Jun 1 2011, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 1 2011, 06:23 PM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthanasia_Coaster

That is the second post you made today that made my day.....

Both made me pause, laugh and think a bit.

exciting day for me heh

thats actually a pretty interesting idea. i took a bioethics class last year and had to do a presentation on euthanasia. wish i had known about this thing back then.

Getting a PM from someone who read something I wrote. It meant more than I can say.