What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Online again! bncegrn.gif

In case anyone wondered where I was, the crappy wireless router stopped working on Monday, so we haven't been connected all week. (I almost died wacko.gif -kidding! laugh.gif )

But the new router finally arrived today. biggrin.gif

This!

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa416/Writergirl2112/th_RushRTBArt.jpg

I was at the mall and saw a "Hollywood Portraits" kiosk. I found this one hidden in the Music stack. It's a 12 x 16 print, I believe originally done in either graphite or charcoal (can't tell), and lots of cool crosshatching for the shading job. Gets better, though -- the guy saw me staring at it grinning and he said, "For you, eight dollar!" Originally 10, I took it without a second thought.

Can't wait to frame it and put it up on my wall. (:

Aaaaaand, while I was on my shopping excursions, I picked up the perfect pair of heels for prom. They're only a couple inches tall and they'll actually stay on my feet since I'm one of those weird people that actually dances the whole time at prom. sarcasm.gif But they're really cute and will go great with my dress.

Finally, it's so beautiful outside it's unreal. 85 in Nebraska and it's not even May!! What a miracle!

The topic of today's sermon:

ZOMBIES!!!

(Needed nothing more. (; But I also rewatched a couple Star Trek: DS9 episodes I'd only seen once. Needed a little reminder! I skim through 'em pretty quick.)

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 12 2011, 08:35 PM)
Had a brief moment of funness after dying my hair red and styling it in a bitchin' mohawk and seeing the husband's face when he came home from his computer job.

I hope you took a pic... I gotta see that! laugh.gif

First, I got to go to a Hindu temple with my World Religions class today. (Consequently, I didn't have to go to Pre-Calc - whoo hoo!) It was really fascinating and very informative. That, and the temple is just beautiful! Gold and porcelain statues everywhere, so intricately designed and decorated.. I may not be Hindu, but on an aesthetic level it's an artist's heaven (or moksha, rather?).

Also, well first let me start by saying that when I go on a walk every day, I see if anyone's afternoon paper is sitting on the end of their driveway. If it is, I run it up to the front porch for them and leave it there (i.e. how it's supposed to be done by paper-carriers). Today as I was running a paper up, the owner of the house pulled up just as I was jogging back down the driveway. I met her at her car window and let her know I was just tossing the paper on her front porch. She said, "Oh, I was wondering who was doing that! Well, thank you." It was kind of an awkward moment (I only do it because I know how much I hate how the paper deliverers leave it at the end of the driveway) but I said she was welcome and I was happy to do so. Unexpected, but I like being thanked even when I don't expect it.

I got my grade back for my paper on "Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres". I aced both the written part and the oral as well. That's 2 consecutive paper on Rush that have gotten me over 90 (my previous paper was about 2112 and the ballad). new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I wonder what I'd write about next given the chance for my final humanities course....

Edited by usb_connector

Two-for-one on the 2-liter Diet Mountain Dew at Publix!!!!

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 13 2011, 07:19 PM)
I got my grade back for my paper on "Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres". I aced both the written part and the oral as well. That's 2 consecutive paper on Rush that have gotten me over 90 (my previous paper was about 2112 and the ballad). new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I wonder what I'd write about next given the chance for my final humanities course....

The fountain yes.gif

My pottery piece (lovingly titled "Hemispheres") is coming together at last! Early in the project I was getting so discouraged to the point where I didn't even care about getting a good grade. I just wanted to get it over with.

It's loosely inspired by the song of the same title, of course. laugh.gif It's a cube with a puzzle-cut lid, and on each side face is an emotion face (joy, anger, sorrow, shock) with a word written in Greek underneath. Beneath each (respectively) is Dionysus, Apollo, Cygnus, Rush. I was having all kinds of issues with the coils and the walls but now that I'm working on details it's much more enjoyable.

Still got a side project to do for a group I'm with on DeviantART, not to mention a digital art project for Holocaust Lit... But it'll get done.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 14 2011, 06:19 PM)
My pottery piece (lovingly titled "Hemispheres") is coming together at last! Early in the project I was getting so discouraged to the point where I didn't even care about getting a good grade. I just wanted to get it over with.

It's loosely inspired by the song of the same title, of course. laugh.gif It's a cube with a puzzle-cut lid, and on each side face is an emotion face (joy, anger, sorrow, shock) with a word written in Greek underneath. Beneath each (respectively) is Dionysus, Apollo, Cygnus, Rush. I was having all kinds of issues with the coils and the walls but now that I'm working on details it's much more enjoyable.

Still got a side project to do for a group I'm with on DeviantART, not to mention a digital art project for Holocaust Lit... But it'll get done.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh201/kay1714/you_go_girl.gif

1022.gif Keep up the good work!

This falls into the bittersweet category...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Kerry/kerry-1.jpg

This is my 13 year old son. smile.gif Seeing this "relationship status" on Facebook makes me tear up and smile at the same time. He has liked this sweet young lady for a while now, and she "finally" agreed to be his girlfriend (which in 7th grade means hanging around in the halls and basically saying, "I have a girlfriend").

But Kerry is over the moon and walks a little taller these days. He is growing up and there is no denying it.

wub.gif b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 18 2011, 10:14 AM)
This falls into the bittersweet category...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Kerry/kerry-1.jpg

This is my 13 year old son. smile.gif Seeing this "relationship status" on Facebook makes me tear up and smile at the same time. He has liked this sweet young lady for a while now, and she "finally" agreed to be his girlfriend (which in 7th grade means hanging around in the halls and basically saying, "I have a girlfriend").

But Kerry is over the moon and walks a little taller these days. He is growing up and there is no denying it.

wub.gif b_sigh.gif

There is nothing like their first "relationship". I'm with you on the bitttersweetness of it all.