What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Mar 30 2011, 10:52 AM)
QUOTE (-Jane- @ Mar 30 2011, 11:58 AM)
Made my day that I can actually talk, I haven't been able to talk and be heard in a few days.

Well we know what made someone's day for a few days, then...

ph34r.gif

pffft

I gave my friend a massage today because she has been in too much pain lately to even get a good night's sleep. She fell asleep on my table and thanked me for helping her out. I love helping people like this.

At my school's Writing Club meeting today, we had a guest speaker from the state writing council. I know him because he's hosted a few local poetry slams and even a slam at our school, and he's pretty cool. And I found out today he'll be coming back the next two weeks! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

A comment made by an undertaker I know, at a coffee break this morning. A wealthy old man had died in town a few days back. We all assumed he had no immediate family, bar a few cousins, who've been hovering like vultures of late.

So the undertaker walks over and says, "Seems like old Frank had a son, much to the disappointment of his cousins", pure deadpan delivery.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 1 2011, 12:55 PM)
A comment made by an undertaker I know, at a coffee break this morning. A wealthy old man had died in town a few days back. We all assumed he had no immediate family, bar a few cousins, who've been hovering like vultures of late.
So the undertaker walks over and says, "Seems like old Frank had a son, much to the disappointment of his cousins", pure deadpan delivery.

Love it. laugh.gif

She Loves me wub.gif This new girl is awesome,,,, Hey Rider,,, I see what you mean now,,

150 miles on my motorcycle 1022.gif

It's the weekend. I get a break from school for a couple days.

Feels so good.

And I went down to the nearby park and climbed the tree I have deemed to be mine and mine alone. A branch was actually broken off (!!!) but I ended up taking it home so now it's propped against the fence in the backyard. laugh.gif

Rewiring 3 (!) lamps and hanging 15 paintings/pictures has made my day, today. And, it's only noon! I'm on a roll ...

th1245.gif

biggrin.gif the fact that it's Saturday and I'm not in the Hell Hole I call work...Walmart sucks angry.gif

Fridge made my day on every level possible. wub.gif

Jackson dog and myself also spent a good portion of the day at the puppy park and we took a walk. Also watched Shadow of the Vampire by one of my favorite cult classic directors and studied for the GRE.

QUOTE (garbo @ Apr 3 2011, 01:32 AM)
Fridge made my day on every level possible. wub.gif

Glad to be of service smile.gif

Though I wish I were that easily amused biggrin.gif

I said "NO" to my 17-year old niece. 1022.gif

The darling just cannot understand the concept of ASKING for something politely. She calls me at least once or twice a week, and the first words out her mouth are "I NEED....". No manners, no concern for others...just pure, unmitigated selfishness.

This time, she expects me to just zoom over to her house (I live 30 miles away) late this afternoon, just to toss the softball....she needs the practice for her HS Varsity team, ya know.....

She doesn't take "NO" very well.....too bad..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Went for a walk and did some shopping.. and used my debit card for the first time! Made a fool of myself at Office Depot because I didn't realize you're supposed to swipe upside-down -- with the magnetic strip. facepalm.gif But the cashier just laughed and gave me a break, understanding it was my first time using the card. He turned out to be pretty cool, actually. He complimented me on my RUSH t-shirt and the starman earrings I was wearing. Turns out he's a bassist and a big fan of the band (obviously Geddy's instrumental talent, as well). There wasn't anyone else, so we chatted for a couple minutes at the checkout about Rush, music, etc..

And at Borders I finally got the Star Trek book I'd been wanting for a while now. WIN! (:

Not to mention the weather was just gorgeous today. 70 degrees and sunny, and the first time I've gone out without a jacket in probably months. Felt wonderful. I also got work done on the clay box for my art class, and it's looking better. Overall, just a great day.

I just finished with all the charts for my special assessments test assignment, just one more for our last class tomorrow to add. Took most of the photos this weekend, only a few more to do and it's DONE!!!!

The end of this term and the beginning of my summer vacation is in sight!!! This is going to be the best summer ever!!! Just gotta get through 2 weeks of finals hell.

1022.gif

Something from a few days ago that is *still* making my day...

We got a really nice card from our vet. Everyone signed it and wrote a personal note about Crummy. He really made an impact on people and it was so sweet to hear about their personal experiences with him.

My aunt is in town from D.C! (: We're letting her crash on our couch while she's here, not like we mind. My mom practically had to convince her she could stay here while she runs back and forth from Des Moines (she and my uncle are trying to sell their house). She's staying until Thursday~

And I've been successful in my plan to, this month (and hopefully from now on!), eat healthier, drink more water, and exercise a lot more. I slacked off and am now panicking because I need to be able to fit into my prom dress by May without suffocating. But if I can keep it up, no worries. It's just a few pounds I need to shed but I really slacked off over the winter.