What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I spoke to 250 + youth today as a guest speaker at a Church a few blocks away from my work. It is nice to be a part of something positive. The youth were very polite and had a chance to talk more after the program was done

My dog was returned safely to the city pound after the opportunistic jerk took advantage of my son leaving the gate open. sad.gif

(Quick back story: My dog is a pretty well trained German Shepherd, classic markings. But, he was a rescue, and I have had a hard time breaking him of the "escape" habit! Only bad habit left!!)

I get to the pound, and the girl at the counter says to me "he's in the back...go on back there (I'm a cop, they know me there cool.gif ). He's giving the girls 'high-5s' for bites of pizza!"

While I was upset that he escaped and caused me two hours of grief trying to find him, this was a humorous end. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Diane waking up with me @ 8:15 and unbeknownst (sp? ahh who gives a rat's ass anyway) to me had turned on the classic album Moving Pictures 2112 ep the was DVRing, and catching it from the start with her...we enjoyed it together...and then switching to Weather Channel to see what the day was gonna be like, and during the local report they played Every Little Thing She Does is Magic...and wifey says...wow that sounds like total pop shit now after Neil beating his brains out..Hey she goes..did you catch at the beginning where Neil had his bass head implode?

She NEVER likes watching anything with me that much anymore! and she is a fangirl of drummers (myself included)

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Sep 9 2010, 10:32 PM)
^^ that made mine better.Thanks for sharing. smile.gif

thank you! hey for real? she gets bored with and/or grossed out with stuff...ok deadliest warrior i understand, but well it's just kinda nice to still connect musically.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Sep 9 2010, 11:40 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD_nE0GBOgk

first round draft choice for the Leaveland Browns baby!! SIGN HIM NOW before the Lions do!

And that chick has major arm...sign her ass up too!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 10 2010, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 10 2010, 12:17 PM)
What a great nights sleep!

I love waking up and not even feeling tired! biggrin.gif

Hey cool.

I just made it to a new level too laugh.gif

Wait till you hit your 40's You'll wake up and feel like you didn't sleep at all tongue.gif

I need a nap schla03.gif

I had a great weekend! I got to hang out with several friends on Friday night, Saturday afternoon (also bought some cd's that afternoon biggrin.gif), and this afternoon. This is the most I've done in a weekend in a long time. It even made up for Georgia losing to South Carolina.

On Friday, I bought one of those speed/mph/etc display things for my bike. I installed it today. smile.gif

It's one of those wireless ones with magnets. I half expected it not to work properly, considering my luck with technology. tongue.gif but I got it lined up right, took him once round the block, and it works perfectly! biggrin.gif

So, for today, I had to go to training. We have to maintain so many "training" or "continuing education" hours per year to keep our certification.

Well, today we were at the firing range. A bad day at the firing range is better than the best day at "work." So, I put a few hundred rounds through my duty pistol, and about 50 or so through my personal gun. Good day, indeed! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 15 2010, 05:29 PM)
So, for today, I had to go to training. We have to maintain so many "training" or "continuing education" hours per year to keep our certification.

Well, today we were at the firing range. A bad day at the firing range is better than the best day at "work." So, I put a few hundred rounds through my duty pistol, and about 50 or so through my personal gun. Good day, indeed! biggrin.gif

You're a pistol packin' mama!?