Any word on the Music Today presale tix?

syd11

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 15 2010, 06:38 PM)
Why? I wasn't saying that directly to the person as an insult.
Sorry if I gave off that vibe somehow though confused13.gif

I doubt she thought you meant it as something directed at someone. It is, however, equating a group of people with a negative. It would be like saying "That's so Canadian" instead of "That's so lame." Whether you mean it towards a particular person or not, it's still connoting that a particular group is synonymous with some negative sentiment.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Jun 15 2010, 08:13 PM)
Why?  I wasn't saying that directly to the person as an insult.
Sorry if I gave off that vibe somehow though  confused13.gif

I doubt she thought you meant it as something directed at someone. It is, however, equating a group of people with a negative. It would be like saying "That's so Canadian" instead of "That's so lame." Whether you mean it towards a particular person or not, it's still connoting that a particular group is synonymous with some negative sentiment.

Oh, well that's a bit more understandable and reasonable.

However, I don't think I've ever met a single person in my life that hasn't ever said that line before (towards anything) at some point.

Nevertheless, if she doesn't like it, then I apologize trink39.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Jun 15 2010, 08:13 PM)
Why?  I wasn't saying that directly to the person as an insult.
Sorry if I gave off that vibe somehow though  confused13.gif

This. And I'm looking out for the gays on here too who certainly would not appreciate.

In any event, Hem89, thanks for the apology.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 15 2010, 10:17 PM)
And I'm looking out for the gays on here too who certainly would not appreciate.

the gays? Sorry, but that sounded like something my grandmother would say. laugh.gif

QUOTE (okiimatsu @ Jun 17 2010, 01:11 AM)
Just received an e-mail from the pre-sale that my tickets for the August 13th show in Irvine, California have shipped!
Much sooner than I expected for sure!
applaudit.gif

So you get a confirming email for a show 2 months away yet I sit here freaking out about not getting tickets, an email or anything telling me that my tickets are coming for a show in just over 2 weeks. I received a very generic "form" email from MT this morning saying "tickets are sent out approximately 2 weeks before the event". Nothing specific about the order number(s) I provided. To me this is just their way of saying your concerns aren't important to us. You'll see 'em when you see 'em. I'm F'N pissed. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Edited by syd11

QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 17 2010, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (okiimatsu @ Jun 17 2010, 01:11 AM)
Just received an e-mail from the pre-sale that my tickets for the August 13th show in Irvine, California have shipped!
Much sooner than I expected for sure!
applaudit.gif

So you get a confirming email for a show 2 months away yet I sit here freaking out about not getting tickets, an email or anything telling me that my tickets are coming for a show in just over 2 weeks. I received a very generic "form" email from MT this morning saying "tickets are sent out approximately 2 weeks before the event". Nothing specific about the order number(s) I provided. To me this is just their way of saying your concerns aren't important to us. You'll see 'em when you see 'em. I'm F'N pissed. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Holly crap......before you have a stroke...relaaaaaax.

I have been getting pre-sale tickets from MT since the VT tour....they always send them out 2-4 weeks before the show on average.

You will get your tickets.....don't worry. They also disclose this when you purchase them...so it should come as no suprise that you will not get them until a week or 2 before the show.

I understand the nervous energy and all...I like having my tickets in my hand well in advance....but this is how they work...and have worked for the last 4 tours.

Bottom line is you will get them.

Edited by Todem

Today is exactly 30 days ( a month) before my show. I certainly hope they come over the next two weeks.

By the way, if they always ship it out 2-4 weeks before your date, then how come this guy for August got his way before anybody else?

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 17 2010, 11:11 AM)
Today is exactly 30 days ( a month) before my show. I certainly hope they come over the next two weeks.

By the way, if they always ship it out 2-4 weeks before your date, then how come this guy for August got his way before anybody else?

The frustrating part is why they don't ship the tickets out in the order that the show is scheduled. The Milwaukee show tickets that I'm waiting for should have been the second batched shipped in my mind. Makes no sense that they have this "2 weeks before show" agenda yet send them out in some random order. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif moon.gif beathorse.gif

Some venues allow them to print and release them earlier then others.

I think it has to do with the venue.

Don't know for sure....but...bottom line is you will get them.

No worries.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 17 2010, 12:18 PM)

The frustrating part is why they don't ship the tickets out in the order that the show is scheduled. The Milwaukee show tickets that I'm waiting for should have been the second batched shipped in my mind. Makes no sense that they have this "2 weeks before show" agenda yet send them out in some random order. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif moon.gif beathorse.gif

That's what I was thinking. If they're going to wait "2 weeks before", you would at least think that they'd ship them out in chronological order based on tour date... but I GUESS NOT!

It just sounds like they ship them out to whomever they want, whenever they want, if they're not feeling lazy. But they have our money angry.gif

Soo, Milwaukee's is July 3rd, which is a Saturday, which is technically the last day of a week. So, as of THIS saturday, it will be exactly 2 weeks prior to the event. You should definitely be receiving your tickets sometime next week, if not tomorrow. I think one or two people have stated on here that they suddenly got their tickest withouut the aforementioned confirmation email, so don't rely heavily on that email.

Let us know when they come, keep us posted!

Has anyone received their presale tickets (or email that tickets have been shipped) for the Toronto date at the ACC? I have yet to see someody else attending this show with the same problem.

QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 21 2010, 06:15 PM)
My tickets FINALLY arrived. I'll quit bitching now. biggrin.gif

Congrats! I figured it was just a matter of time for you posting that, because I saw someone post earlier that their Milwaukee tickets have just arrived today too.

Nevertheless, my bitching will continue biggrin.gif

Come on, TORONTO ACC!!!

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 21 2010, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 21 2010, 06:15 PM)
My tickets FINALLY arrived. I'll quit bitching now.  biggrin.gif

Congrats! I figured it was just a matter of time for you posting that, because I saw someone post earlier that their Milwaukee tickets have just arrived today too.

Nevertheless, my bitching will continue biggrin.gif

Come on, TORONTO ACC!!!

Dude, I feel your pain! sad.gif