Any word on the Music Today presale tix?

syd11

Yup, Milwaukee Tix arrived today.

However, I'll probably think twice about ordering from Music Today again. To me, getting the tickets 10 business days before the event while they've been sitting on $200+ dollars for two months interest free is just not a good thing.

I'm betting that getting in on tickets just a few days before they go on sale to the public probably didn't benefit me a whole lot in my case.

Edited by coolcool23

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (coolcool23 @ Jun 22 2010, 12:34 AM)
Yup, Milwaukee Tix arrived today.

However, I'll probably think twice about ordering from Music Today again. To me, getting the tickets 10 business days before the event while they've been sitting on $200+ dollars for two months interest free is just not a good thing.

I'm betting that getting in on tickets just a few days before they go on sale to the public probably didn't benefit me a whole lot in my case.

Yes, but didn't you get a discount on the insanely priced face value?

It benefitted me bigtime, partly because of the discount, and partly because of the fact that by the time th public sale rolled around, there were nosebleed seats, at best.

Miy prices were nearly cut in half, from 150 dollars per ticket down to 75, to sit beside the stage. I think it was worth it, but I don't like this waiting. I have this CRAZY paranoid feeling that I'll be getting a refund, but miss out on the show, or something.

Like, "sorry we didn't ship, but it's too late now! But we can refund you your money back"

However, if THAT happens, then i'll never be using MT again either. I'll take my chances with Ticketmaster. At least with them, I'll get my tickets in the same week i buy them.

QUOTE (strangeboy @ Jun 24 2010, 11:11 AM)
Still nothing for me. ACC show, Toronto on July 17

Anybody else....this will be the last time I'm ordering from Music Today....and I thought ticketmaster sucked.

Depending on the city you're from, it will give or take a few days. Give it til monday, and if not then, contact them.

This is the most ridiculous setup I've ever seen in my life. I'd rather take my chances with Ticketmaster, at least they ship right away.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 24 2010, 11:19 AM)

Anybody else....this will be the last time I'm ordering from Music Today....and I thought ticketmaster sucked.

Depending on the city you're from, it will give or take a few days. Give it til monday, and if not then, contact them.

This is the most ridiculous setup I've ever seen in my life. I'd rather take my chances with Ticketmaster, at least they ship right away.

I agree, however since I scored amazing seats using the presale, I will live with the fact that I still don't have them yet. I did receive my tickets for the Saratoga show which is almost 1 week after the ACC show and they shipped 2 weeks ago....

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 24 2010, 01:32 PM)
Nevermind, FALSE ALARM! The tickets for ACC in Toronto have NOT come yet.

It turns out, teh Fedex package he received was NOT the tickets, but something else. GODDAMN! pokey.gif

Hate to laugh at your misfortune. ohmy.gif

Anyways, I'm in the same boat. I guess the ACCs haven't been sent yet.

QUOTE (Anthem @ Jun 24 2010, 04:51 PM)

I agree, however since I scored amazing seats using the presale, I will live with the fact that I still don't have them yet. I did receive my tickets for the Saratoga show which is almost 1 week after the ACC show and they shipped 2 weeks ago....

Thing is Anthem; though I am happy with my seats at the ACC, everybody and their second cousin offers presales these days (Q107, AmEX, Ticketmaster)...I just know now not to bother with this particular one.

QUOTE (strangeboy @ Jun 24 2010, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 24 2010, 01:32 PM)
Nevermind, FALSE ALARM!  The tickets for ACC in Toronto have NOT come yet. 

It turns out, teh Fedex package he received was NOT the tickets, but something else.  GODDAMN!    pokey.gif

Hate to laugh at your misfortune. ohmy.gif

Anyways, I'm in the same boat. I guess the ACCs haven't been sent yet.

hahah that's ok. I was sooo mad when I foun out though.

However, they HAVE to be here by NEXT friday.. its 10 business days before the event and that's what was guaranteed to us.

QUOTE (strangeboy @ Jun 24 2010, 10:03 PM)

Thing is Anthem; though I am happy with my seats at the ACC, everybody and their second cousin offers presales these days (Q107, AmEX, Ticketmaster)...I just know now not to bother with this particular one.

Exactly.. but MT was the laziest way tongue.gif

Everywhere else required cards; this was just a simple fansite where you sign in and click on "Buy Tickets".... and BAM... DONE

Tix for Molson Amphitheatre arrived from Fedex on Wednesday (I was away for work so just got them today). A shiver up my spine when I took the envelope, and a little tear in my eye when I took out the tickets smile.gif

QUOTE (strangeboy @ Jun 24 2010, 10:03 PM)

I agree that there are a lot of presales. Actually when I got my tickets for the ACC show, I was also trying the American Express Pre-Sale. I was consistently getting better seats with MT (at least for this show). Anyway, all I'm saying is that even if it's a pain to have to wait for our tickets, I will not write-off MT because they are late in sending them out. Besides this will be the first time I see Rush from the front row 1022.gif

Edited by tick