Any word on the Music Today presale tix?

syd11

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jun 8 2010, 09:07 PM)
Today I received my 2 tix from Music Today for the July 5th show in Chicago.

I then hit-up Stubhub for a pair of tix for the Chicago show on the 7th - I had never used Stubhub before - and after seeing their 'service charge', I have to wonder if they are just Ticketmaster in disguise? Won't be using them again. smile.gif

Soooo, somebod's gotten their July 19th tickets yesterday and now somebody got their July 5th tickets today, and I STILL don't have my July 17th tickets...... I can't help but feel disgruntled sad.gif

Is anybody else waiting for the July 17th tickets for the ACC in Toronto?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jun 8 2010, 09:07 PM)
Today I received my 2 tix from Music Today for the July 5th show in Chicago.

I then hit-up Stubhub for a pair of tix for the Chicago show on the 7th - I had never used Stubhub before - and after seeing their 'service charge', I have to wonder if they are just Ticketmaster in disguise? Won't be using them again. smile.gif

I think that is just the money StubHub makes because the rest goes to the seller. At least that is how I remembered it when I sold on there.

QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 11 2010, 09:09 AM)
Still no tickets as of 6/10 but I see others have received theirs. Has anyone gotten tickets yet for the 7/3 show in Milwaukee?
sad.gif

Well, somebody's gotten their July 19th tix and somebody else just got their July 5th. I still don't have my July 17th, and you still don't have your July 3rd. I see a pattern there. I think they ship certain tickets out at certain times based on your region, but judging by those dates that have received (and those that have not), I can see a pattern. July 3rd is two days before July 5th, and July 17th is two days before July 19th. Is that a coincidence or have I finally gone insane over this presale thing? laugh.gif

Edited by Hemispheres89

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jun 12 2010, 12:01 PM)
I just got an email that my tickets for Saratoga have been shipped. smile.gif

Same here for the Saratoga show. Not sure how MusicToday is shipping these out, but I'm also seeing them in Toronto the week before, and no tickets or e-mail from MusicToday for Toronto. Not worried yet though, still lots of time before the "2 weeks before"

QUOTE (Anthem @ Jun 13 2010, 07:22 AM)

Same here for the Saratoga show. Not sure how MusicToday is shipping these out, but I'm also seeing them in Toronto the week before, and no tickets or e-mail from MusicToday for Toronto. Not worried yet though, still lots of time before the "2 weeks before"

I'm going to 'toga, no word yet. Should be soon I guess since I'm in NYS smile.gif

I think it depends on where you live. If you're in Saratoga, then everyone who lives there gets them the same day. Same with Toronto, but if you live a few cities over (like me), itmay give or take a few days. I really don't know how it works though.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 13 2010, 01:40 PM)

I think it depends on where you live. If you're in Saratoga, then everyone who lives there gets them the same day. Same with Toronto, but if you live a few cities over (like me), itmay give or take a few days. I really don't know how it works though.

Well, I'm going to Saratoga, but I live 200 miles away in Connecticut. I think they just ship them out by individual shows.

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jun 13 2010, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 13 2010, 01:40 PM)

Well, I'm going to Saratoga, but I live 200 miles away in Connecticut. I think they just ship them out by individual shows.

Ahhh I see. Well, that sheds a lot of light smile.gif

I'm also still waiting on my Milwaukee tickets, preordered in April as well from Music Today. Tomorrow is 15 business days away from the event and I was thinking about calling them because the order webpage still lists no tracking info/indication that it's shipped.

I've sent three emails to two separate addresses over there (two about an issue with the time machine tour merchandise storefront, one about the tickets) and I've only gotten one response which came after about 10 days or so on it's own.

Getting pretty nervous here.

QUOTE (coolcool23 @ Jun 13 2010, 10:30 PM)
I'm also still waiting on my Milwaukee tickets, preordered in April as well from Music Today. Tomorrow is 15 business days away from the event and I was thinking about calling them because the order webpage still lists no tracking info/indication that it's shipped.

I've sent three emails to two separate addresses over there (two about an issue with the time machine tour merchandise storefront, one about the tickets) and I've only gotten one response which came after about 10 days or so on it's own.

I seriously don't know why they insist on making people this nervous. It's not only the issue of being nervous about money; I could care less about getting a refund. I just don't want to miss out on the damn SHOW!

I heard they wait 2 weeks prior to shipping to neutralize the possibiity that we might scalp our discounted ticjets for its original face value. But technically... even if they do wait for the 2 week allotment, we could still show up at the venue on the concert date and scalp outside for that value.

They're nuts for doing this.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 13 2010, 11:42 PM)

I seriously don't know why they insist on making people this nervous. It's not only the issue of being nervous about money; I could care less about getting a refund. I just don't want to miss out on the damn SHOW!

I heard they wait 2 weeks prior to shipping to neutralize the possibiity that we might scalp our discounted ticjets for its original face value. But technically... even if they do wait for the 2 week allotment, we could still show up at the venue on the concert date and scalp outside for that value.

I resold a MT ticket on stubhub and made it clear on there I did not have the ticket in hand due to this. So avoiding reselling or scalping tickets is a lame excuse new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 14 2010, 11:45 AM)

I resold a MT ticket on stubhub and made it clear on there I did not have the ticket in hand due to this. So avoiding reselling or scalping tickets is a lame excuse new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Interesting that you brought up the Stubhub thing. I actually have 2 orders pending through the Music Today presale. I jumped on the first

set I saw thinking it was the best available but later saw much better

seats offered and bought a 2nd pair of tickets. I posted the 1st set on

Stubhub but they ask for a date you guarantee to ship them by. Knowing

that my last Music Today purchase for the S&A tour arrived a month in advance I put down a date of June 16th as the latest I would ship the tickets sold. My bigger concern now is that if I don't meet the 6/16 date promised, the purchaser can back out of the transaction and then I'm stuck trying to sell tickets 2 weeks before the Milwaukee 7/3 show. I tried emailing them and got a response 3 days later asking me for more info. I thought my name, date of purchase, venue date, venue location, band I'm seeing, and confirmation numbers for both purchases was sufficient info but I guess not. I'm totally pissed with this whole waiting game especially when others have received their tickets through the same presale for concerts weeks later than the one I'm attending. Am I being an ass about this whole thing? Just flippin' ridiculous in my opinion.

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Edited by syd11

QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 14 2010, 01:35 PM)

Interesting that you brought up the Stubhub thing. I actually have 2 orders pending through the Music Today presale. I jumped on the first

that my last Music Today purchase for the S&A tour arrived a month in advance I put down a date of June 16th as the latest I would ship the tickets sold. My bigger concern now is that if I don't meet the 6/16 date promised, the purchaser can back out of the transaction and then I'm stuck trying to sell tickets 2 weeks before the Milwaukee 7/3 show. I tried emailing them and got a response 3 days later asking me for more info. I thought my name, date of purchase, venue date, venue location, band I'm seeing, and confirmation numbers for both purchases was sufficient info but I guess not. I'm totally pissed with this whole waiting game especially when others have received their tickets through the same presale for concerts weeks later than the one I'm attending. Am I being an ass about this whole thing? Just flippin' ridiculous in my opinion.

That's gay, what will the actual ticket itself have that will contain "more information" that they desire? I've never used StubHub, but i would think that the order number is enough that they can use to track your shipment. And what's with the silly little fact that they need a specified guaranteed shipment date? Does MusicToday give US that? NOPE! Instead, they leave us hanging with our hard-earned money.

"hmmm, well the band is RUSH, and they're epic, so since we're offering presale tickets at a discount that were ridiculously jacked up originally, and these people are going for it since the economy is at a downturn, the least we can do is have a little fun with them now. Let's make the bastards wait!"

Probably what they're thinking. cool.gif

It's official. I've gone insane over this. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Edited by Hemispheres89

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 14 2010, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 14 2010, 01:35 PM)

That's gay, what will the actual ticket itself have that will contain "more information" that they desire? I've never used StubHub, but i would think that the order number is enough that they can use to track your shipment. And what's with the silly little fact that they need a specified guaranteed shipment date? Does MusicToday give US that? NOPE! Instead, they leave us hanging with our hard-earned money.

"hmmm, well the band is RUSH, and they're epic, so since we're offering presale tickets at a discount that were ridiculously jacked up originally, and these people are going for it since the economy is at a downturn, the least we can do is have a little fun with them now. Let's make the bastards wait!"

Probably what they're thinking. cool.gif

It's official. I've gone insane over this. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I was referring to Music Today not Stubhub that required more info. I appreciate that I'm not the only one who thinks the whole MT Presale shit is a joke though. Thanks for holding my tickets until the last minute to protect buyers from scalping. I love it (sarcasm) when a company knows "what's best" for me........................kind of like our government!

banghead.gif

I just called Music Today and was informed by whomever I spoke to that they ship tickets out two weeks before the event.

For what it's worth, I confirmed that that was like a firm date that they handle for all of their shows and that I should be able to see a tracking number on the page next Monday (ten business days out from the event).

If I don't see that number on Monday, I'm calling again and literally demanding a tracking number. Based on my track record with this company, I have no faith whatsoever that they'll straighten out a problem via email in 10 business days.

QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 14 2010, 03:46 PM)

I was referring to Music Today not Stubhub that required more info.

Ohhhhh, but that makes it even more laughable then! Ironic, isn't it? MusicToday wants a firm date to go on, but they don't do anything for us.

Let me say that you are indeed not the only one worried about this. There will be people who will say "they'll come! Relax!" But those people are the ones who have not only received their tickets, but were delivered way ahead of schedule.

QUOTE (coolcool23 @ Jun 14 2010, 04:45 PM)
I just called Music Today and was informed by whomever I spoke to that they ship tickets out two weeks before the event.

For what it's worth, I confirmed that that was like a firm date that they handle for all of their shows and that I should be able to see a tracking number on the page next Monday (ten business days out from the event).

If I don't see that number on Monday, I'm calling again and literally demanding a tracking number. Based on my track record with this company, I have no faith whatsoever that they'll straighten out a problem via email in 10 business days.

Geez, this is my first time dealing with MusicToday, or any kind of presale for that matter. But judging by your histiry with them, it's making me skeptical on ever dealing with them again. I should just take my chances with Ticketmaster. Sure, it's not doling out presale tickets, but at least I know they won't steer me wrong, and my tickets would actually be here, in my hands, in record time.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 15 2010, 05:16 AM)
QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 14 2010, 02:39 PM)
That's gay

P.S. please don't say this.

angry.gif

Why? I wasn't saying that directly to the person as an insult.

Sorry if I gave off that vibe somehow though confused13.gif