RUSH Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, June 25

hazlnut

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jun 25 2010, 03:51 PM)
Go pack sand you mouth-breathing supplicant.

The next time you post something clever and original will be the first time.

That sounds pretty funny coming from the clown who said...

QUOTE (,Jun 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM)

P.S. I doesn't take five days to drive to New Mexico from California, so that's a ridiculously lame excuse.

Ridiculous and lame you are, indeed...

Why don't you pen NP a letter, pour your heart our about how selfish and inconsiderate he is? Then shred your tickets for the time machine tour and send the confetti to him in a little pink envelope marked:

Neil Prick

c/o

anyone who gives a f**k

backstage

the rush show

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 25 2010, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 25 2010, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 25 2010, 03:40 PM)
Don't take it personally guys, it's just a silly little ceremony.

A silly little ceremony? I'd call getting a star on the Walk of Fame more than a silly little thing.

I'm sure they are honored, but really, it ain't that big a deal.

So if you were to be awarded a star in your lifetime, you won't give a shit?

Trying to get this thread back on track --

According to RIAB

The media were present, as there were about 8 large video cameras pointed directly at the stage.

Set your TIVO/DVRs to record all the local news broadcasts tonight -- I'm sure they'll be covering it (but MJ's corpse will get more air time)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 25 2010, 03:30 PM)

A silly little ceremony? I'd call getting a star on the Walk of Fame more than a silly little thing.

I guess you could say that......ya.

Why would I get a star?.......Me...of all people.......

It is a big deal. Their name is now engraved into a street forever, next to some of the most talented people who have ever lived.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 25 2010, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 25 2010, 03:30 PM)

I guess you could say that......ya.

Why would I get a star?.......Me...of all people.......

We're speaking hypothetically here, man. Keep up.

If I worked my whole life to create something, and someone wanted to give me a star on the walk of fame, Im not the crying type, I only cry when my pets die, or people I know, but I would cry if someone told me I earned something like that.

Meanwhile Neil is riding his bike somewhere, something he's done for many years, and you only get this chance one time. No matter what you say he just comes off as being a jerk. Its just a nice thing to do to show your face when you're being honored.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 25 2010, 03:35 PM)

It is a big deal. Their name is now engraved into a street forever, next to some of the most talented people who have ever lived.

Ya I guess it's probably a big deal for pop-culture junkies, but for three fairly humble guys from Canada, while I'm certain they're honored, they probably don't give a shit one way or the other.

Looking at these pics, is anyone really surprised that Neil would pass on this event?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_FQQVyOJRryI/TCUfz7lOzyI/AAAAAAAAA0Q/L23UAJGS5s8/s512/Rush%20Walk%20of%20Fame%20009.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_FQQVyOJRryI/TCUf0msCxtI/AAAAAAAAA0U/thSlpWbUSKk/s512/Rush%20Walk%20of%20Fame%20011.jpg

(From RIAB)

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 25 2010, 02:39 PM)
Looking at these pics, is anyone really surprised that Neil would pass on this event?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_FQQVyOJRryI/TCUfz7lOzyI/AAAAAAAAA0Q/L23UAJGS5s8/s512/Rush%20Walk%20of%20Fame%20009.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_FQQVyOJRryI/TCUf0msCxtI/AAAAAAAAA0U/thSlpWbUSKk/s512/Rush%20Walk%20of%20Fame%20011.jpg

(From RIAB)

haha thats ME in that 2nd pic holding up the camera. im posting my pics in another thread

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 25 2010, 02:35 PM)

I have never, ever wanted to go to Hollywood but to see the Rush star in person? I would go. I want to see that.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 25 2010, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 25 2010, 02:39 PM)

(From RIAB)

haha thats ME in that 2nd pic holding up the camera. im posting my pics in another thread

Oh! YOU'RE the guy holding the camera!

wacko.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 25 2010, 03:37 PM)

Meanwhile Neil is riding his bike somewhere, something he's done for many years, and you only get this chance one time.

Not true by the way.

Rush got their star on the Canada Walk Of Fame over ten years ago.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 25 2010, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE (hazlnut @ Jun 25 2010, 02:36 PM)
This one is classic, Geddy walks off with the kid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhTiy5riYwM

Awesome biggrin.gif

that made my hour.

By the way, that's one lucky kid, hope he grows up to like Rush so this would be an honor for him.

Nice! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

His body guard is not to be fu**** with. laugh.gif tongue.gif

Here's a comment from Donna Halper:

#66 - Posted 6/25/10 @5:51PM by donnahalper [contact]

Some of you are breaking my heart. Please stop the Neil-bashing. Let me tell you something and you can do what you want with it. Neil is shy. Painfully shy. So am I, and believe me, it's hard to get up in front of strangers and talk when it's not your comfort zone. He sent his family. They were there on his behalf. But he couldn't do it. HOW DARE SOME OF YOUR CRITICIZE HIM FOR BEING HIMSELF? He is a great drummer and a compassionate person, but he's not a public speaker. Please stop the insults. He doesn't deserve them. [rant mode off]

Forgive me for being cranky-- I have surgery on Monday and the only reason I did the speech today was to honor my friends and to honor the fans. I hope I did okay and if anyone wants a copy of my speech, let me know. I am sorry Neil wasn't there, but I know he is pleased that the band has now been commemorated forever. Let's remember that good things came out of this, and we are here to enjoy it and celebrate the band's success with them. Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 25 2010, 05:24 PM)

Some of you are breaking my heart. Please stop the Neil-bashing. Let me tell you something and you can do what you want with it. Neil is shy. Painfully shy. So am I, and believe me, it's hard to get up in front of strangers and talk when it's not your comfort zone. He sent his family. They were there on his behalf. But he couldn't do it. HOW DARE SOME OF YOUR CRITICIZE HIM FOR BEING HIMSELF? He is a great drummer and a compassionate person, but he's not a public speaker. Please stop the insults. He doesn't deserve them. [rant mode off]

Forgive me for being cranky-- I have surgery on Monday and the only reason I did the speech today was to honor my friends and to honor the fans. I hope I did okay and if anyone wants a copy of my speech, let me know. I am sorry Neil wasn't there, but I know he is pleased that the band has now been commemorated forever. Let's remember that good things came out of this, and we are here to enjoy it and celebrate the band's success with them. Just my 2 cents.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/icon_hmm.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 25 2010, 07:24 PM)

I dont know who that is, but we know he's shy. He's a recluse, anti-social, we all know the type. There's many people like that and there's nothing at all wrong with it.

But this guy is in a position where people idol him, and he knows that, and even when he is receiving a great honor such as this, because of his fears of strangers he cant just show up, sign some autographs and jump on the bike again?

Jesus dude, take some anti anxiety pills like Xanax or something if you need to, this really is something you should be at.

I remember reading that with his previous wife, they were not actually married at a ceremony like most people, but they were married through common law marriage. Ill bet anything this was because of his social issues. I know a guy like this, he didnt want to have a wedding because he was so paranoid about being the center of attention of a lot of people, so he did the same thing. It's really sad to see people like this.

Archived