RUSH Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, June 25

hazlnut

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 23 2010, 03:56 PM)
BILLY CORGAN TO SPEAK AT RUSH WALK OF FAME CEREMONY JUNE 25 IN LA

Billy Corgan, vocalist, lead guitarist and songwriter for The Smashing Pumpkins, will pay tribute to the band as they accept their Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Billy joins Donna Halper, former radio personality at WMMS Cleveland where Rush received their first radio airplay with Working Man participate as well.

The ceremony will take place in front of the Musician's Institute at
6752 Hollywood Boulevard at 11:30 AM in Los Angeles this Friday, June 25th.

Mann Chinese 6 in Hollywood is going to have special screenings of 'Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage' at their theatre this Friday in honor of Rush getting their Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame just blocks away. They're giving special screenings at 2pm, 5pm and 8pm in their biggest auditorium.

Come join RUSH accept their Star and then go see the documentary if you haven't already!

What I wouldn't give to be there! This would be great to see and feel like I was a part of it.

I cannot wait for the pics!

QUOTE (hunter @ Jun 24 2010, 05:32 PM)
From stargirl facebook:
Neil has gone on to the tour location.

So it'll be Geddy and Alex accepting the star and Neil's on his way to New Mexico I guess.

no surprise there. probably wanted to skip out on the hoopla and head over to new mexico to bike around. cool.gif

QUOTE (hunter @ Jun 24 2010, 03:32 PM)
From stargirl facebook:

So it'll be Geddy and Alex accepting the star and Neil's on his way to New Mexico I guess.

653.gif

I can't wait!! Just a few more hours and the guys get their star. smile.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 24 2010, 09:59 PM)
hey the muppets just got a star also.  sarcasm.gif
i'm serious.

The Muppets deserve one! yes.gif

I never missed the Muppets back in their heyday.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 25 2010, 08:45 AM)
You had to know that Neil wasn't going to show up.

I'm surprised. I figured something like this Neil would be at. confused13.gif

I guess you never know!

I'm gonna be heading over to the ceremony in a couple of hours. If anyone else plans on being there, look for me. I'll be in a black t-shirt with a Taproot logo on it. RAWK!

From stargirl facebook:

Shocking news, Neil dodging anything the band does except for what he absolutely has to do, not even going to something like this which is a huge honor.

Seems to me like he skips all the things he doesnt get paid for, and shows up at the shows, where he does get paid. What a team player.

Im pretty certain that if they ever get inducted in to the hall of fame, Geddy and Alex will be playing an acoustic set that night.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 25 2010, 09:30 AM)
From stargirl facebook:

Shocking news, Neil dodging anything the band does except for what he absolutely has to do, not even going to something like this which is a huge honor.

Seems to me like he skips all the things he doesnt get paid for, and shows up at the shows, where he does get paid. What a team player.

Im pretty certain that if they ever get inducted in to the hall of fame, Geddy and Alex will be playing an acoustic set that night.

they explained why he's not going to be there. He is already on his bike travelling to the first destination of the tour.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 25 2010, 11:33 AM)
From stargirl facebook:

they explained why he's not going to be there. He is already on his bike travelling to the first destination of the tour.

Of course he is. Im sure it was completely an impossibility for a rich rock star to find a way to attend his own bands honoring. I dont care what anyone ever says, the guy is a total dick.

Thats said, he makes great music and thats all that matters, but he is still a dick.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 25 2010, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 25 2010, 11:33 AM)
From stargirl facebook:

Of course he is. Im sure it was completely an impossibility for a rich rock star to find a way to attend his own bands honoring. I dont care what anyone ever says, the guy is a total dick.

Thats said, he makes great music and thats all that matters, but he is still a dick.

at least you're consistent.

As much as Neil tends to dodge these kinds of things, I am actually a little surprised that he's not going to this one. I mean this is a pretty cool thing and I would think it's kind of a big deal. Some of the other interviews and stuff, I get, but this is just something that is an honor and a ceremony...

I will say Alex and Geddy are definitely troopers for always covering for him. I don't know Neil and I'm not going to throw out "Neil's a dick", but I would think being there with and for his bandmates would be important to him...or maybe not confused13.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 25 2010, 10:28 AM)
As much as Neil tends to dodge these kinds of things, I am actually a little surprised that he's not going to this one. I mean this is a pretty cool thing and I would think it's kind of a big deal. Some of the other interviews and stuff, I get, but this is just something that is an honor and a ceremony...

I will say Alex and Geddy are definitely troopers for always covering for him. I don't know Neil and I'm not going to throw out "Neil's a dick", but I would think being there with and for his bandmates would be important to him...or maybe not confused13.gif

Neil was not at Rush's induction at the 1999 Canada Walk Of Fame either.

Mind you he was still healing from the loss of his wife and daughter.

I am sure if Rush were inducted into the R&R Hall Of Fame that Neil would be there. I mean he showed up at the Canadian Songwriters Hall Of Fame didn't he?

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 25 2010, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 25 2010, 09:39 AM)

at least you're consistent.

z7shysterical.gif

seeing how this is their RNRHOF induction, I'd like to think Neil should be there but if he doesn't want to be there, then so be it.

Geddy and Alex have been flying the public and press flag since 1997 so its nothing new. I was suprised to see him on Colbert and actually talk.

Archived