RUSH Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, June 25

hazlnut

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (g under p @ Jun 5 2010, 10:22 PM)
Next They will be on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine....forbid it God please. no.gif

That they be in the same league with the Cream, Who, Led Zep...

God forbid things ever come full circle.doh.gif

They work hard, all this shitting on things that gives them a little more recognition... it's pretty idiotic and selfish to want to keep your favorite band to yourself. I was always playing RUSH for friends in high school, and brought several people into the fold, including a girl.

If they don't want to do an event or magazine interview, they won't do it. It's not for us to say, it's only our job to show up and support.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/thumbs-up.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/50sclap.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/dancinghomer.gif

QUOTE (hunter @ Jun 10 2010, 01:53 PM)
Right in front of my old stomping grounds The Musicians Institute. I'll be there.

Cool for you Hunter! Hope other TRFers are able to make it out to support the boys.

I'm fine with it - and hope it is covered by VH1 or MTV or one of the fans, 'cause I'd like to see it.

I would rather have them on the Hollywood - who the hell goes to Ohio, anyway?

2.gif It's all good! Congrats guys.

I think it's a cool thing.

Just saw that Donna Halper is going to speak at the ceremony - should be a pretty special occasion.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 11 2010, 03:38 PM)
I think it's a cool thing.

Just saw that Donna Halper is going to speak at the ceremony - should be a pretty special occasion.

Yes - she is also almost 100% responsible for them getting this honor - and she did it partly because she thinks it's absolutely asinine that they haven't been inducted into the RRHoF. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It must be so cool to be out in LA. I'd love it.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 11 2010, 10:32 AM)
Right in front of my old stomping grounds The Musicians Institute. I'll be there.

Cool for you Hunter! Hope other TRFers are able to make it out to support the boys.

I shall be in attendance smile.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 11 2010, 01:00 PM)

We should get all the trfers to mels diner for lunch.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 5 2010, 08:08 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 5 2010, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 5 2010, 08:41 AM)
What a bunch of f***ing hypocrites. You say you want Rush to get more attention, and now they're getting nothing but and you do nothing but bitch about it!

pretty much..........too many "Rush is too good for the RRHF", "f**k Rolling Stone" etc... bullshit............IF nobody seems to care, then why is this subject continually re-hashed????

Exactly. But I think I know why. Because Rush doesn't care about the RRHoF, the fans think they shouldn't either. They simply follow Rush's ideas because of their massive erections for anything Rush says or does. If Rush actually cared about getting in, the fans would, too.

You guys are telling me that once Rush gets in, no one will care? Give me a break.

This is exactly what I've been thinking, reading this thread. Though I've noticed most users on here are actually much older than me, so maybe it's just how some of them are after following the band for 20-30 years?

I'm as big a fan of Rush as the next Rush fan would say they are, and while I share some of their morals, standards, and ideals, I had them before I started "getting to know" the band. I'm not going to base all my opinions and aspects of my life around them.

I think it's pretty cool to recieve this honor, and if they were inducted into the RRHOF, that would be cool too. It's not like people would look at them any differently.

QUOTE (hunter @ Jun 11 2010, 02:41 PM)

Lets do it! are there any other TRF'r in this area?

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 11 2010, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Jun 11 2010, 02:41 PM)

Lets do it! are there any other TRF'r in this area?

I have to say I'm a little surprised by the overall tone of this thread, but maybe it won't be as crowded as I thought. My teens and I will be there (fresh off of seeing Beyond The Lighted Stage the weekend before). And lunch sounds good - Mel's is within crawling distance.

Dammit, they changed the time to 11:30 and now I can't go!!

I got to be somewhere at 1pm that's more than an hour away (in Friday traffic)

If you are going, please post pics and video if possible.

I hope local news covers it.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 11 2010, 07:17 PM)
Surprise this thread didn't get more hits

+1

I don't know how or why, but this is the first time I've seen this thread.

They get their star in four days. Four days!? I would love to see pics of this!

I am gonna be there. I was taking the wife and son down to Disneyland this weekend anyway, so this will definitely be worth a little detour. We booked a room for Thursday night nearby and figure we can walk over there early and hopefully get close to the guys. Even if it doesnt work out quite like I am imagining, it should still be fun.

Archived