RUSH Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, June 25

hazlnut

HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME CALENDAR

According to the the Hollywood Walk of Fame Calender - RUSH is scheduled to the get their star in 3 weeks.

Location - 6752 Hollywood Blvd, near McCadden Pl.

Traditionally, the recipients show up for photos and a short ceremony. According to the site:

The celebrities listed below will appear in person
on Hollywood Blvd or Vine Street to receive their stars.

This type of thing doesn't seem like RUSH, but NP lives about 25 minutes from there, so, I guess we'll see what happens. They have to be in New Mexico 4 days later...

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (hazlnut @ Jun 4 2010, 03:51 PM)

According to the the Hollywood Walk of Fame Calender - RUSH is scheduled to the get their star in 3 weeks.

Traditionally, the recipients show up for photos and a short ceremony. According to the site:

This type of thing doesn't seem like RUSH, but NP lives about 25 minutes from there, so, I guess we'll see what happens. They have to be in New Mexico 4 days later...

Right around the corner from my office! I'm there! common001.gif

Hmm.......that's great.......I guess.

I can't believe they shelled out the cash for this. But it's cool. I guess.

Well they are already on The Canadian Walk of Fame... I don't really think they give a shit about being on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. They aren't film stars...

Just sayin'

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 4 2010, 07:49 PM)
Well they are already on The Canadian Walk of Fame... I don't really think they give a shit about being on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. They aren't film stars...

Just sayin'

They must give a shit, or at least a rabbit turd, because the honoree has to pony up the $$$ for the star.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 4 2010, 07:50 PM)

Just sayin'

They must give a shit, or at least a rabbit turd, because the honoree has to pony up the $$$ for the star.

It sounds more like a Management thing to me... the boys are too modest to go outta their way to make a spectacle of themselves like this.

Ive read up on this before. They do have to pay for it, but its something that you do have to be offered first, so its still quite an honor. Not everyone can just shell out money and get a star obviously.

Ill bet this has a lot to do with them being in i love you man, and also mentioned in the movie adventureland, played on various popular TV shows such as the sopranos.

Without all that Im not sure this would have ever happened.

Just sayin'

The Walk of Fame isn't just for film stars. You knew that, right?

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 4 2010, 05:49 PM)

Just sayin'

Of course they give a shit........it's very prestigous. I'm sure they are very honored......

All I can say is - I hope their individual names are somewhere on that plaque, because otherwise people will automatically assume it's Rush Limbaugh.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 4 2010, 08:20 PM)
All I can say is - I hope their individual names are somewhere on that plaque, because otherwise people will automatically assume it's Rush Limbaugh.

They dont do that unless its a solo act like michael jackson, which it just so happens that rush is getting their star on the 1 year anniversary of MJ's death.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 4 2010, 06:49 PM)

Just sayin'

Please do not take offense to this but, the Hollywood walk of fame is known all over the world . No one outside of Canada gives a shit about the Canada walk of fame. I am sure they think it is an honor

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 4 2010, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (hazlnut @ Jun 4 2010, 03:51 PM)

Traditionally, the recipients show up for photos and a short ceremony.  According to the site:

Right around the corner from my office! I'm there! common001.gif

Bastard laugh.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 4 2010, 08:47 PM)
Wait a minute, how can they be inducted to the Walk of Fame when they have yet been inducted to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame???

i don't know what's worse, the rocknroll hall of fame or the walk of fame.

i guess it doesn't matter because i pay no attention to both.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 4 2010, 08:50 PM)
Wait a minute, how can they be inducted to the Walk of Fame when they have yet been inducted to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame???

Ppl here dismiss it bc Rush hasnt yet been recognized in the hall of fame. And believe me I think they deserve, but it sure as hell does mean something.

I think the issue with Rush is even though they are as good as they are, they havent really sparked any sort of a movement in music. They've influenced many popular musicians, and did it all on their own terms, but if you look at what they've done, they've always been followers.

They started doing prog rock when it was already being done years before they got into it. They tightened up their song writing when it was already being done, they got a much more 80s sound after bands around them had already been doing it for years.

They then got into grungs, AFTER bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam came around. They've never really been innovators, thats whats kept them out of the hall of fame. And it is a great honor to get in that.

This star I dont think has a lot to do with their music itself, but rather where they've been recognized in TV and film.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 4 2010, 10:02 PM)

Ppl here dismiss it bc Rush hasnt yet been recognized in the hall of fame. And believe me I think they deserve, but it sure as hell does mean something.

I think the issue with Rush is even though they are as good as they are, they havent really sparked any sort of a movement in music. They've influenced many popular musicians, and did it all on their own terms, but if you look at what they've done, they've always been followers.

They started doing prog rock when it was already being done years before they got into it. They tightened up their song writing when it was already being done, they got a much more 80s sound after bands around them had already been doing it for years.

They then got into grungs, AFTER bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam came around. They've never really been innovators, thats whats kept them out of the hall of fame. And it is a great honor to get in that.

This star I dont think has a lot to do with their music itself, but rather where they've been recognized in TV and film.

Yeah, definitely their TV work that got them there.. laugh.gif

You need to educate yourself on the concept of "influences" in music, then re-evaluate Rush's position in the world of rock music.

At that point you'll realize what utter drivel your post is.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 4 2010, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 4 2010, 10:02 PM)

Yeah, definitely their TV work that got them there.. laugh.gif

You need to educate yourself on the concept of "influences" in music, then re-evaluate Rush's position in the world of rock music.

At that point you'll realize what utter drivel your post is.

laugh.gif

I smeall a blind fanboi. Your post is clearly useless if you cannot understand the difference between influence and innovation, which is exactly what the hall of fame looks for.

You're another rush tool that is unable to see things as they really are.

Archived