Have you ever had any 2112 moments?

fonzbear2000

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Jun 3 2010, 11:14 PM)
For example, has the total of your bill come to $21.12? I haven't had any, but wonder if others on here have.

thats happened to me twice. once while i was getting gas and once when me and my ex went out to eat. the bill was 21.12 and i happend to be wearing my 2112 shirt laugh.gif

I got a total of $21.12 at a bookstore once.

When we radio dispatch (I'm a cop, for those who don't know), they will confirm that they heard you by relaying the time...which, of course, is in military time. So, every night that I am working, I smile a bit when radio traffic comes across at 9:21p.m. (21:12 in military time).

This happens most nights! It's kinda awesome!

Yes, I am a nerd! ph34r.gif

i was out with my sister and her husband at a subway, and there was a cop car parked there to, and his license plate 2112

I caught my trip meter at 2112 miles.

I don't remember setting it, I just one day got curious and pressed the button next to the odometer, and 2112 popped up.

Would have been really freaky if I was listening to 2112 at the time, but I think Superconductor was playing.

QUOTE (vaportrails14 @ Jun 4 2010, 06:21 AM)
i was out with my sister and her husband at a subway, and there was a cop car parked there to, and his license plate 2112

That's awesome! We've got a patrol car with "1221" on it, but that's as close as it gets! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Jun 4 2010, 06:32 AM)
I caught my trip meter at 2112 miles.
I don't remember setting it, I just one day got curious and pressed the button next to the odometer, and 2112 popped up.
Would have been really freaky if I was listening to 2112 at the time, but I think Superconductor was playing.

Briefly off Rush topic with a similar moment, I was driving back from California and put in a completely random CD mix not remembering the Eagles were represented on the CD. And yes, right when it hit, "I'm standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona..." on 'Take it Easy'....the sign for Winslow came into focus on I-40 in Arizona. One of those freaky cool little moments in life.

Now we are really geeking up here aren't we?

Yeah I have had those...I always point them out to my wife...who loves Rush...but she screams dork at me every time. wink.gif

Yep. Last night watching Glee online, (Yes. Glee. I'm a teenage girl. tongue.gif) I clicked the middle of the video to get to the place I had finished watching already (I was only halfway done the episode) and happened to drop the thing on 21:12. It made me smile.

Only a Rush fan can do that...

Yup - I'm a geek. Here's a recent Home Depot receipt of mine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Mobile%20Uploads/downsize-1.jpg

I once had a bill for $21.12 at Petco once. I made a big deal out of it, but the cashier thought I was nuts. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 4 2010, 10:43 AM)
I always point them out to my wife...but she screams dork at me every time. wink.gif

Mine too! laugh.gif

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/tanhuntland/2112001.jpg

I asked the lady at the window "How much?" three or four times just to hear her say it. Finally my son said, "Stop it Dad". He then said, sarcastically, "What are you gonna do, hang it on the wall" He knows I'm obsessed with RUSH. I reminded him his pin #'s are 2112 too and that he jams to RUSH as much as I do. He smiled.

A few weeks ago I was humming to the Body Electric while I was at the deli counter in a Krogers when the clerk yelled,

1-0-0 pause,

1-0-0 pause,

1-0-1

My brain went kinda fuzzy and giddy and he repeated it again.

I regained my senses and realized I had 1-0-1 and stepped up.

The clerk was leering at me like I was an idiot and I mumbled,

"Sorry, data overload"

When I was walking away from the counter the loudspeaker came on,

Call on 1-0-1 Call on 1-0-1

Archived