OFFICIAL Caravan and BU2B reaction thread

Presto-digitation

QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ Jun 2 2010, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 2 2010, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ Jun 1 2010, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 1 2010, 03:08 PM)

graduation day so this is only my 2nd listen. Wow! Just Wow! I LOVE the heavy sound. I think they both Kick Ass! Way to go boys!

My point made...this stuff will appeal more so to the younger Rush fans (unlike me). I guess that's what they were aiming for. Oh well, I can't begrudge them for that (but I don't have to like it).

rofl3.gif Dude it wasn't my graduation day, it was my son's from elementary school! I've been a fan since 1976 so I am an "older" fan and I still think the songs Kick Ass! Sorry bud there goes your theory! tongue.gif

FYI, I've retracted some of my comments since they were made (I won't rehash). Anyway, CONGRATS on your son's graduation...I wish him much success!!!

I know you added an apology. I edited my post, all is good! We're all just a bunch of fans enjoying music from a great band! trink39.gif [/size][/font]

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed my mind... I like Caravan better.

But these songs both ROCK.

I liked One Little Victory and Far Cry, but these babies are vintage RUSH for the new decade.

With every listen I hear something new... Devil take the rest. Excellent NP!!

Holy cow, the recording sounds wonderful, the levels sound wonderful!! They are rockin' hard. I'm listening for the first time right now to Caravan. BU2B next.

Very curious as to what the non-single version will be like.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 2 2010, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ Jun 2 2010, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 2 2010, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ Jun 1 2010, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 1 2010, 03:08 PM)

graduation day so this is only my 2nd listen. Wow! Just Wow! I LOVE the heavy sound. I think they both Kick Ass! Way to go boys!

My point made...this stuff will appeal more so to the younger Rush fans (unlike me). I guess that's what they were aiming for. Oh well, I can't begrudge them for that (but I don't have to like it).

rofl3.gif Dude it wasn't my graduation day, it was my son's from elementary school! I've been a fan since 1976 so I am an "older" fan and I still think the songs Kick Ass! Sorry bud there goes your theory! tongue.gif

FYI, I've retracted some of my comments since they were made (I won't rehash). Anyway, CONGRATS on your son's graduation...I wish him much success!!!

I know you added an apology. I edited my post, all is good! We're all just a bunch of fans enjoying music from a great band! trink39.gif [/size][/font]

YOU KNOW IT!!!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 2 2010, 01:38 PM)
The bridge in BU2B is the best thing in the whole wide world.It gives me chills over and over.It's been a looooooooong time since a new Rush tune has had this effect on me.

1022.gif 1022.gif

Ditto!

It occured to me while I was driving to work listening to the best RUSH I've heard in years, that the people commenting on the mix, the musicianship, the air, and the math are doing so from their BASEMENTS. comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 2 2010, 11:39 AM)
putting the power back in power trio!

ged is just going off.

seems like neil is a little flashier than on S&A, perhaps he has been listening to lots of gavin harrison.

alex has always been one of the most unique sounding players to me and he continues on here.

been listening to rush before i was a teenager and now am near 44. its amazing they are still kicking so much ass. cool10.gif 1022.gif common001.gif

I agree on all your points. trink39.gif

QUOTE (hazlnut @ Jun 2 2010, 12:50 PM)
It occured to me while I was driving to work listening to the best RUSH I've heard in years, that the people commenting on the mix, the musicianship, the air, and the math are doing so from their BASEMENTS. comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif z7shysterical.gif

Thats the power of thee almighty internet.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Solitudeix @ Jun 2 2010, 07:10 PM)
QUOTE (hazlnut @ Jun 2 2010, 12:50 PM)
It occured to me while I was driving to work listening to the best RUSH I've heard in years, that the people commenting on the mix, the musicianship, the air, and the math are doing so from their BASEMENTS. comp26.gif  comp26.gif  comp26.gif  z7shysterical.gif

Thats the power of thee almighty internet.

laugh.gif

I'm upstairs, though. . . unsure.gif

After a day or so I can safely say that I like both tunes!

Caravan - I like the chorus and as someone else pointed out previously, I really love the instrumental break around the 3:20 mark. The song is a nice mix of something from Counterparts in tone, Snakes and Arrows in production and layering and Freewill in instrumental intensity.

BU2B - like Caravan with it's heavy sound, this one I relate to more on a lyrical level. It's a unique song in that it's heavy but at the same time kind of mid-tempo... yes reminiscent of Peaceable Kingdom as has been pointed out previously.

I can definitely hear Nick R's influence in both songs as it sounds a little S&A, but these 2 songs seem a bit heavier - not that I'm complaining. In both songs Geddy's voice sounds great... very strong. And the playing by the rest of the band is top notch. I'm curious to hear the rest of the album but in the meantime I'll be happy to check them out in concert in July at Mohegan Sun.

I have no complaints. If you like the new songs or not you can't deny that these guys, who are approaching 60, are still putting out great music that challenges both themselves and us

After a crazy day at work I poped my headphones on and cranked the new brew. Man o man, what sweet music. Without realizing it I did a small drum roll to BU2B on the train. Two people looked at me strange but curious. They'll never know what they are missing. This is the second day I've been listening to these songs and they are simply great. Caravan needs a careful listen. BU2D is smoking.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 2 2010, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 2 2010, 05:56 PM)
For some of us, it IS that good!

I'll drink to that! trink39.gif

Ayup. Computer is telling me I've listened to it 12 times. And I wore the iPod for most of the day at work yesterday.

Why the need to compare? These songs stand alone nicely. They're Rush, and they are some f***ing awesome Rush at that.