OFFICIAL Caravan and BU2B reaction thread

Presto-digitation

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 1 2010, 12:32 AM)
QUOTE (Supersyl @ May 31 2010, 11:29 PM)
Neil just remembered he has small toms to his left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2.gif  2.gif  653.gif  653.gif  trink39.gif  common001.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I know! Awesome isn't it? 1022.gif

And he brought out his old alternating ride cymbal/china cymbal pattern during the verses of "BRB2."

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god.........My mind is freaking blown.

I seriously cannot believe how good this is, I mean I can but I can't its' just so energetic and full of life.

Amazing, BU2B should have been the radio single, but they are both just way way different than Snakes and Arrows....more raw energy.

Way better than I expected

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 1 2010, 12:37 AM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ May 31 2010, 11:30 PM)
i'm going to have an erection lasting longer than 4 hours

just sayin'

Not that I know anything about that but...

goodpost.gif

Right on... I'm having the female equivalent of that right now.

blush4.gif

When I heard the samples (that were a few seconds long) I liked BU2B much better..

(And now that I have the full versions..) As everyone is talking about, the instrumental break in Caravan is amazing, but I still like BU2B better than Caravan.

Edited by Kenneth

O.K. just listened to Caravan three times and I'm impressed . For me Rush is back. It's been a long time too since I felt this way about new Rush material . Thanks Rush for being Rush again....at least to me . Edited by patjnev

First of all, a disclaimer. I heard the songs for the first time when it was 6am here, and the night went with very little sleep (a voice constantly shouting "new Rush songs tomorrow morning yayyyzzz!" in my brain, annoying that wink.gif )

So I am a bit foggy.

But I didn't get the immediate OMG-feeling I got from, let's say, Far Cry.

Sounds a bit too much like any other prog-metal band out there.

I was expecting a way more negative reaction on the forums to be honest, as this isn't typical Rush in my opinion.

(But what is typical Rush? Well this definitely is again a new direction from The Boys, and I guess THAT is typical Rush.)

We'll see how I feel after a day of listening to the new tracks. It's going to take a lot of getting used to before I could claim I like those songs. Not my favourite ones, no.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 31 2010, 11:45 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 31 2010, 11:41 PM)
ohmy.gif HOLY CRAP!!!

and I mean that in the best possible way. I'm blown away....

f***ing A!! It's like the boys just pimp slapped us all as a reminder who is in charge.

rofl3.gif

So true. I have nothing to say. Its so amazing that words are failing me at the moment. 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Maksa @ May 31 2010, 11:50 PM)
First of all, a disclaimer. I heard the songs for the first time when it was 6am here, and the night went with very little sleep (a voice constantly shouting "new Rush songs tomorrow morning yayyyzzz!" in my brain, annoying that wink.gif )
So I am a bit foggy.

But I didn't get the immediate OMG-feeling I got from, let's say, Far Cry.
Sounds a bit too much like any other prog-metal band out there.

I was expecting a way more negative reaction on the forums to be honest, as this isn't typical Rush in my opinion.
(But what is typical Rush? Well this definitely is again a new direction from The Boys, and I guess THAT is typical Rush.)

We'll see how I feel after a day of listening to the new tracks. It's going to take a lot of getting used to before I could claim I like those songs. Not my favourite ones, no.

I agree that neither song grabbed me the way Far Cry did when I first heard it. But in terms of the apparent direction the band is going (merging new Rush with old Rush), I was pleasantly surprised. It works. It rocks.

It is amazing that these guys are pushing 60. Just amazing.

Also really happy that the Chorus of Geddys has disappeared for now.

Can't wait to hear more.

Edited by ZivotSon

Echoes and I have been talking about it and one of the things they brought back that was lacking in Snakes is the funky beats and overall uneasyness of some sections.

Again, wow! Can't stop listening!

Edited by rushringleader

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Jun 1 2010, 12:12 AM)
Echoes and I have been talking about it and one of the things they brought back that was lacking in Snakes is the funky beats overall uneasyness of some sections.
Again, wow! Can't stop listening!

Yeah, they brought back the timing that makes me want to pull my hair out trying to learn these songs xD

I keep thinking, that Rush can't possibly keep cranking out great material, but inevitably, they do.

Clearly, the guys are unparraleled. Dare I say, the greatest rock band ever? Literally