OFFICIAL Caravan and BU2B reaction thread

Presto-digitation

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few here were commenting on the vocal melodies in "Caravan," saying they weren't catchy or whatever. That might be true for much of the song, but that "I can't stop thinking big" section is gorgeously melodic and it complements the heaviness of the rest of the song very nicely.

Grrr... the only thing that sucks about this is now I've got a taste for Clockwork Angels and I'm gonna be salivating over these till next year!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT THE ALBUM NOW!!!!!!!!

banghead.gif banghead.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2010, 11:16 PM)
A few here were commenting on the vocal melodies in "Caravan," saying they weren't catchy or whatever. That might be true for much of the song, but that "I can't stop thinking big" section is gorgeously melodic and it complements the heaviness of the rest of the song very nicely.

After people listen to them a dozen more times...that tune will change too.

WOW!!!!!

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 31 2010, 11:16 PM)
Grrr... the only thing that sucks about this is now I've got a taste for Clockwork Angels and I'm gonna be salivating over these till next year!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT THE ALBUM NOW!!!!!!!!

banghead.gif banghead.gif

Yes...these songs are teasing...delightfully teasing.

I like Caravan's lyrics and the bass tone Ged's got.

And. OH MY. A GUITAR SOLO! biggrin.gif

BU2B is Great and Super Heavy.

KEYBOARDS! :DDDD

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 1 2010, 12:08 AM)
Listening to Caravan again: it's like hearing Freewill for the first time, all chills, smiles and just thinking, "for f*cks sake this could the best thing they've ever done."

all I know is that Caravan is now a song I'll never tire of hearing, like TS or Kid Gloves or La Villa.

Clearly, this is Old Rush meets New Rush, combining the best parts of both. Which is what many of us have been wanting for a while now. The boys are PLAYING on these songs.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 31 2010, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (mortkort @ May 31 2010, 10:22 PM)
thanks to Presto-digitation i was able to get the songs today! thanks bud  trink39.gif

i think they are great, Caravan rocks! going to put them on the mp3 player and listen to them at work  1022.gif

You're welcome. I feel for our European/Scandanavian kin who have to wait.

Any chance I'd be able to get the songs?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2010, 11:16 PM)

without a doubt. i'm really digging the tempo dives (best dive @ 4:00) then the deflating fall back into the "i cant stop thinking big"'s

i make the mistake quite often of reading the song lyrics AS i hear the song for the first time and that just seems to ruin the exploration of the music for me....so this time around i said NO to that little bitch of a PDF booklet until i had finished and cleaned myself up

thats right. rofl3.gif

The keyboard starting at 2:15 in Caravan...down stepping.....chills...amazing Rush moment...words can't do that part justice. Edited by Todem

Caravan:

Awesome. No Complaints. Love the instrumental section. Reminds me of the early days with the "kay, we're gonna just jam for a second, hold on" type attitude. I bet the haters new favorite thing to complain about is the repetition of "I can't stop thinking big" much the same way the holding of single syllable words was complained about ont he last one.

BU2B:

Lyrics are meh to me. Song is great.

waaaaaaaaaaaay better then anything recorded since the hiatus . I can only hope this is a new direction from Rush so I can forget about VT-SA. sorry if youy loved those songs I didn't

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jun 1 2010, 12:30 AM)
i'm going to have an erection lasting longer than 4 hours

just sayin'

laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2010, 11:19 PM)

Clearly, this is Old Rush meets New Rush, combining the best parts of both. Which is what many of us have been wanting for a while now. The boys are PLAYING on these songs.

This pretty much sums it up for me in a nutshell!