Time Machine Live Album?

jesse2112

Should Rush record a live album documenting a Time Machine Tour performance?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rush record a live album documenting a Time Machine Tour performance?

• Yes
    • No

I'm hoping Rush decides to record another live album documenting this upcoming tour just like S&A but if they do I think it won't be until the rumored 2011 leg

Something tells me they will wait till after next year's tour to produce a live album and DVD, mainly because next year's will be in support of a new album. And if they did wait, I wouldn't be surprised if they record a show this year and include the Moving Pictures set and a few other key tracks that are special to the Time Machine tour.

I know they almost always go together...but I would like to see them record JUST the DVD.

DVD's of every tour are great...I love them. But as far as CD's goes, they should lay off the live ones for now. They have been putting them out for literally every tour since TFE.

I kinda hope they don't, actually. I'd rather see the effort put into a studio release to follow Clockwork Angels, possibly in 2012.

I look at it like this... we were on the 4-1 ratio for a lot of years, and each live album showed a clear evolution in the band. Different Stages kind of kicked that in the head, being a combination of old and new. But since then, starting with Rio, we had 3 live albums in 5 years (Rio/03, R30/05 and S&AL/08). That's a little excessive. (Don't get me started on Working Men eh.gif )

I like live Rush as much as the next fan, but to me, the best part of the live albums was seeing how the band was progressing. There are almost no differences in either the quality or the style of performance in any of the live albums from Rio forward.

A live album from the upcoming tour will almost certainly sound exactly like S&AL. While that's not bad, I think it's unnecessary.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 30 2010, 03:12 PM)
Something tells me they will wait till after next year's tour to produce a live album and DVD, mainly because next year's will be in support of a new album. And if they did wait, I wouldn't be surprised if they record a show this year and include the Moving Pictures set and a few other key tracks that are special to the Time Machine tour.

I agree. They should definitly record stuff from this tour, even if they don't use it right away.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 30 2010, 03:25 PM)
I kinda hope they don't, actually. I'd rather see the effort put into a studio release to follow Clockwork Angels, possibly in 2012.

I look at it like this... we were on the 4-1 ratio for a lot of years, and each live album showed a clear evolution in the band. Different Stages kind of kicked that in the head, being a combination of old and new. But since then, starting with Rio, we had 3 live albums in 5 years (Rio/03, R30/05 and S&AL/08). That's a little excessive. (Don't get me started on Working Men eh.gif )

I like live Rush as much as the next fan, but to me, the best part of the live albums was seeing how the band was progressing. There are almost no differences in either the quality or the style of performance in any of the live albums from Rio forward.

A live album from the upcoming tour will almost certainly sound exactly like S&AL. While that's not bad, I think it's unnecessary.

If this tour was like most others, I'd probably agree.

But if they're pulling out as many new and rare songs as they say they are...

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 30 2010, 09:25 PM)

Making a live DVD is comparitively easy.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The 4-1 ratio was like..................... the previous century laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 30 2010, 04:12 PM)

I can see that. Like they have a concert from the Clockwork Angels tour on DVD with a DVD extra which includes Moving Pictures live. Hopefully they'll keep Jacobs Ladder in the set for next year biggrin.gif

I will take whatever I can get.

I'm sure there will be one. And I will happily fork over the cash for it. Doesn't bother me a bit that they are putting out a lot of live releases - in 10 years when they are retired, those will be nice to have.

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ May 30 2010, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 30 2010, 04:12 PM)

I can see that. Like they have a concert from the Clockwork Angels tour on DVD with a DVD extra which includes Moving Pictures live. Hopefully they'll keep Jacobs Ladder in the set for next year biggrin.gif

+3

Edited by greg2112

From what i Know they are doing.............Hell Yeah

For the love of God...nooooo!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/bash.gif

QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 2 2010, 10:24 AM)
For the love of God...nooooo!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/bash.gif

Why? Why would any Rush fan care if they made another Live album...if you don't want it...don't buy it.

I always love to get a souvenir of the tour...and nothing beats a live album/DVD to always have the memory of the tour.

If you could go back and have an official release of the Tour of the Hemispheres, or the Waves tour....would that not be awesome?

So I don't get any negative thoughts about doing live albums.

It's for the fans....what's wrong with that? And if you think it's a money grab...grow the f**k up.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 2 2010, 10:41 AM)
It's for the fans....what's wrong with that? And if you think it's a money grab...grow the f**k up.

If it's "for the fans" why not give it away?

Of course it's a money grab. Just like R30, Snakes and Arrows Live and the Time Machine Tour.

They want to rake in as much cash as they can before they're done. I don't blame them, but don't act it's some kind of magnanimous gesture to their fans.

Someone certainly needs to grow up.