If Power windows were represented?

losingit2k

What song should represent Power Windows?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What song should represent Power Windows?

• The Big Money
    • Grand Design
    • Manhattan Project
    • Marathon
    • Territories
    • Middletown Dreams
    • Emotion Detector
    • Mystic Rhythms

I had to go with Middletown Dreams. I love the song! I love the Lyrics! I love the solo! I love it! I hope its on the set list like the other thread implies.

icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Not my favorite album, but still a good one, I really wanna hear Marathon I think that's one of the songs Neil hinted at on his news update after all the last time its was played was in 1990 the Presto tour. popcorn.gif Edited by jesse2112

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 30 2010, 10:00 AM)
I had to go with Middletown Dreams. I love the song! I love the Lyrics! I love the solo! I love it! I hope its on the set list like the other thread implies.

icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif

I think that would be hard to perform live but with technology they could do it

I think that would be hard to perform live but with technology they could do it

Actually I have a very good copy of Middletown Dreams Live! That you want to listen too! It was recorded back in the Power Windows tours! So yes i think they can do it!

1022.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 30 2010, 10:17 AM)

Actually I have a very good copy of Middletown Dreams Live! That you want to listen too! It was recorded back in the Power Windows tours! So yes i think they can do it!

1022.gif

I had no idea that song was performed live of course I don't really have access to Rush bootlegs so I would never have known

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 30 2010, 11:45 AM)

1022.gif

I had no idea that song was performed live of course I don't really have access to Rush bootlegs so I would never have known

Here you go!

Oh, and for what it's worth... I'm not picking one song! tongue.gif

I would like to hear "Marathon", but I'd love to hear "Middletown Dreams" and "Emotion Detector". I'd love to hear/see Alex play those songs on his old Sportscasters, though there's like no chance that he'll break those out. Oh well, I can dream.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 30 2010, 11:50 AM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 30 2010, 11:45 AM)

1022.gif

Here you go!

1022.gif

Where's the "all of the above" option? My absolute favorite 2.gif album.

Even though "The Big Money" is my favorite song on the album, since it's been done, I voted for the close second "Middletown Dreams."

653.gif

Edited by Scars

Go go Emotion Detector! If I heard correctly it's never been done live, and I would SOOOO love to hear it live! biggrin.gif I'd love hear what Alex would do with the solo, too.

I'd love Marathon as well. I can't imagine how it would sound today, though.

I'll go with my namesake, and say EMOTION DETECTOR.

I think it would sound killer live...especially that awesome intro to the song. It would sound amazing in a live setting.

But, Grand Designs, Marathon, Territorries, or Middletown Dreams would all be amazing to hear. There are no duds on PoW. 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 30 2010, 02:40 PM)

I think it would sound killer live...especially that awesome intro to the song. It would sound amazing in a live setting.

But, Grand Designs, Marathon, Territorries, or Middletown Dreams would all be amazing to hear. There are no duds on PoW. 1022.gif

Love the song. It would either be totally fanfuckingtastic live, or it would suck mightily. I lean towards the former, personally.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 30 2010, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 30 2010, 02:40 PM)

But, Grand Designs, Marathon, Territorries, or Middletown Dreams would all be amazing to hear. There are no duds on PoW.  1022.gif

Love the song. It would either be totally fanfuckingtastic live, or it would suck mightily. I lean towards the former, personally.

I could totally hear them doing this live! Hope they do it or another obscure song from PoW. As much as I love Big Money and Mystic Rhythms, there are so many many great tracks from this album that would be killer to see live!

In order:

1. Middletown Dreams

2. Emotion Detector

3. Grand Designs

Anything apart from those three would be welcome, but those three would get me excited.

I almost wrote a novel called Middletown Dreams that was inspired by themes in the song. Didn't get more than a few chapters in.

Manhattan Project always loved the song but Geddy wouldn't be able to hit the high notes I love.

Emotion Detector would be awesome live too.

This is my least favorite album by them but it has grown on me some

Edited by snowdog212

In order:

Marathon

Middletown Dreams

Manhatten Project