Get rid of those screens !

rugen

I don't enjoy anymore watching a show of Rush with screen in the back like your watching some videos. I just want see a good light show like they did decades ago when they were not too much screens projections. I don't want be distract by all that stuff. What about you? comp26.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The screens stay.

QUOTE (Alex @ May 30 2010, 08:15 AM)
I like it when the screens are showing close ups of the boys.

Especially, when you catch a funny face like Neil's one! laugh.gif

I am not a close up angles fanatics. I prefer the opposite. I prefer seeing my guys live from the back, small and my imagination takes over...

Edited by RUDT

And get rid of the up-do-date killer sound system too. Go back to the one they used 35 years ago.

f*ckin' technology. rage.gif

QUOTE (RUDT @ May 30 2010, 07:47 AM)
I don't enjoy anymore watching a show of Rush with screen in the back like your watching some videos. I just want see a good light show like they did decades ago when they were not too much screens projections. I don't want be distract by all that stuff. What about you? comp26.gif

Um... no.

And the people in the nose bleed seat love the screens.

QUOTE (Pags @ May 30 2010, 08:37 AM)
And get rid of the up-do-date killer sound system too. Go back to the one they used 35 years ago.

f*ckin' technology. rage.gif

laugh.gif

The screens are a thoughtful touch for people who have crap seats, as has already been suggested. Also nice if you happen to be short and get stuck sitting behind Lurch.

QUOTE (tangy @ May 30 2010, 09:48 AM)
my take is the screens are the number one deterrent to a more varied setlist.

Great point.

They are also a good excuse for them to trot out the "comedy" sketches. And I use that word loosely -- Bob and Doug McKenzie's intro was embarrassingly unfunny.

I dig the close-ups, though and some of the cooler animation like the DNA during Natural Science. Always liked the satellite view of Toronto during Subdivisions.

I think they could come up with some much cooler (and newer) shit, though.

You're nuts Bro...the screens have to stay.

They are one of the best things at a Rush show IMO. These guys know how to add some great videos, and some great comedy sketches.

To me, the screens add to the whole experience of a Rush show, which is an amazing live experience. Killer atmosphere! 1022.gif

Ah, fuggit, might as well ditch the light show too. Get rid of the lasers and just have a couple of strobes and a disco mirror ball.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 30 2010, 10:38 AM)
The screens are a thoughtful touch for people who have crap seats, as has already been suggested. Also nice if you happen to be short and get stuck sitting behind Lurch.

yes.gif

I'm 5'2 and I always end up behind Lurch! angry.gif

The screens must stay!

Since we're getting rid of screens, why not just get rid of the light show? the lasers? Hell let's get rid of the amps and drum set. Aw f**k, let's just forget about the whole damn stage! Have the boys stand in the grass in front of everybody and play marbles. What a show! applaudit.gif