If Hold Your Fire was represented?

losingit2k

What song should represent Hold Your Fire?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What song should represent Hold Your Fire?

• Force Ten
    • Time Stand Still
    • Open Secrets
    • Second Nature
    • Prime Mover
    • Lock and Key
    • Mission
    • Turn The Page
    • Tai Shan
    • High Water

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 29 2010, 07:52 AM)
I had to go with Lock and Key! Only because they haven't play it since that tour! Besides being a keyboardist, I'm kinda of partial to that song!

common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif

This is tough for me. I wanna say Mission but they played that last tour....but I love it so much! But I JUST saw it played....but its an amazing song! tempted.gif

Man that was not easy. I want Time Stand Still really bad and hope we get that one too, yet Second Nature and Turn The Page would be good..

Well I guess we have these feelings. .

OPEN SECRETS for me trink39.gif or Time Stand Still

Open Secrets and Second Nature probably work as candidates for the unplayed live song premiere. Provided they don't have 'senior moments" and forget they actually played these songs before. Remember Between the Wheels and Geddy for R30?

There other hit single songs that would probably go ahead of them like Time Stand Still and Prime Mover. Plus I can't see them holding back Force Ten for more than a single tour since it was standard for such a long time.

Open Secrets

fabulous song and one of the few instances where Neil gets it absolutely spot on when talking about relationships.

The lyrics hit painfully near the mark....tremendous stuff.

Gonna have to go with Open Secrets.

QUOTE (Fridge @ May 29 2010, 04:34 PM)
Open Secrets

fabulous song and one of the few instances where Neil gets it absolutely spot on when talking about relationships.

Are you feeling ok?...

This is the second post i've seen where you have something positive to say wink.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ May 29 2010, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ May 29 2010, 04:34 PM)
Open Secrets

Are you feeling ok?...

This is the second post i've seen where you have something positive to say wink.gif

I've lots positive to say if you care to trawl my posts..

I just don't gush like an over-excited schoolgirl when I do. smile.gif

My fav is Mission...but we got it on both legs last tour.

Bring on Turn the Page...a killer classic.

Prime Mover. We all know Geddy doesn't like to be stuck behind his keys, and it's one of the few songs from that era where he's not behind them at all. Anybody else remember seeing Prime Mover on A Show of Hands?

QUOTE (KaoKun1990 @ May 29 2010, 07:09 PM)
Prime Mover. We all know Geddy doesn't like to be stuck behind his keys, and it's one of the few songs from that era where he's not behind them at all. Anybody else remember seeing Prime Mover on A Show of Hands?

Yeah I remember Prime Mover live....meh. Great studio song but I thought it was flat live...real flat.

Turn the Page cooked live...but he was stuck behind the keys....but what a challenging superb jam that tune is.

Of all the HYF tunes played live 3 really stood out:

Force 10

Mission

Turn the Page

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ May 29 2010, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (KaoKun1990 @ May 29 2010, 07:09 PM)

Yeah I remember Prime Mover live....meh. Great studio song but I thought it was flat live...real flat.

Turn the Page cooked live...but he was stuck behind the keys....but what a challenging superb jam that tune is.

Of all the HYF tunes played live 3 really stood out:

Force 10

Mission

Turn the Page

I'd say that Lock and Key stood out as well. Geddy managed to really convey the emotion behind the song when he sang it live.

I remember HYF tour as it was yesterday! What a great tour that was! Both Visually and Sonicly!

Open Secrets

Open Secrets is na awesome song! There were two songs from HYF that I just adored one was open secrets the other was Turn the Page! Both songs kick serious Ass!

beathorse.gif

I would really like to hear Mission again but not Time Stand Still with those extra backing vocals live it just seems a bit unatural but either was its cool th1245.gif

Prime Mover. I love the entire album, but this is a particular favorite and it hasn't seen any attention in sooooo long.