If presto Were Represented

losingit2k

What song should represent Presto?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What song should represent Presto?

• Show Don't Tell
    • Chain Lightning
    • The Pass
    • War Paint
    • Scars
    • Presto
    • Superconductor
    • Anagram (for Mongo)
    • Red Tide
    • Hand Over Fist
    • Available Light

Well this one was a hard on for me! I Love Show Don't Tell, They've never played Presto or Available Light and I Love them both. The boys love The Pass and Chain Lightning has a great lead. But I had to go with the essential Rush song from Presto: Show Don't Tell! Besides, I just love that song.

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

2.gif Rules!

Edited by losingit2k

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScars

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ May 27 2010, 11:58 AM)
ScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScarsScars

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+1 cosmo.gif

Presto. I've always wanted to hear this song live, and I was sad they didn't play it on the Presto Tour. Second place is Warpaint. That song works very well live.

Tough call, but I went with AVAILABLE LIGHT.

I really think they could make this sound special in a live setting.

With that said, there were two other songs I would really love to see from Presto as well, so I'll break it down to what I think about them...

Would love to see it, but unlikely (due to piano): Available Light

Would love to see it, and slightly more likely: Chain Lightning

Would love to see it, and most likely: Scars

Any of those three would be great IMO. yes.gif

well they skipped this album even on the 30th anni tour. really shows how highly they regard it but i think Presto the title track will be debuted (possibly) this time. then again, its been virtually passed over twice. a diamond in the rough, like cut to the chase. are these songs "the new camera eye" then?

the song i'd personally like it to see is red tide.

Voted for Available Light. This is truly one of the unique and most ambitious tunes to come out of the Presto sessions. A great song IMO.

I would rank my top 3 to want to hear as:

Available Light

Presto

Show Don't Tell

Look, I love Available Light. But is Geddy's voice up to night after night of "in the available light"? They'd surely have to tune it down a half step or so. It's not really that high, if I remember correctly, but it's awkward.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 27 2010, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 27 2010, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 27 2010, 02:12 PM)
It's like anti-Rush to me.

All of Presto is like anti-Rush to me. 'Cept for Show Don't Tell & The Pass. The rest makes a good frisbee.

cool10.gif

Can't help it. I've tried & tried & tried. Just...can't.

ANAGRAM (For Mongo)...Ok, so I said that just to tick everyone off.

In all seriousness, I would love to hear anything from this cd except for Superconductor or the aforementioned. Actually, Superconductor is such a horrid song that it belongs on RTB. In a way that shows them as forward-thinking.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ May 27 2010, 07:00 PM)
How the f**k is Scars voted so high??? It sounds like a Madonna song or music to a ride at Disneyworld

laugh.gif

I picked Available Light wub.gif