What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

I started reading the newspaper again when our phone/tv/internet service was down for 3 days. It was like 1999 again.
  • Like 2

Just finished re-reading Land of Wolves by Craig Johnson. I really love the Longmire series, I listen to the audio and it is great. I got to see Craig Johnson at a book signing back in 2013, he's a clever guy. The A&E series did a decent job but I prefer my pictures of the characters in my head. Lou Diamond Phillips is a good actor but he does not look like Henry Standing Bear, not big enough.

Now on to the Last Stand...wondering if that may be the final book... :unsure:

• Like 2

Just finished re-reading Land of Wolves by Craig Johnson. I really love the Longmire series, I listen to the audio and it is great. I got to see Craig Johnson at a book signing back in 2013, he's a clever guy. The A&E series did a decent job but I prefer my pictures of the characters in my head. Lou Diamond Phillips is a good actor but he does not look like Henry Standing Bear, not big enough.

Now on to the Last Stand...wondering if that may be the final book... :unsure:

I think I'll try one of these. I'll pick one up the next time I'm at the library.

• Like 1

Took a slight detour from Longmire, decided I needed to escape my worries so I am re-listening to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I love Jim Dale's narration, he's the one that got me started on audio books. I am enjoying it as a nice distraction and forgot how long it is..lots of plot twists I didn't remember so that makes it more fun. Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Earthlings, by Sayaka Murata. I`m not great with fiction but this is strange and shocking enough for me.

Then I`ll read Convenience Store Woman by the same author.

Cushing, commenting on his role, joked: "I've often wondered what a 'Grand Moff' was. It sounds like something that flew out of a cupboard."

Took a slight detour from Longmire, decided I needed to escape my worries so I am re-listening to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I love Jim Dale's narration, he's the one that got me started on audio books. I am enjoying it as a nice distraction and forgot how long it is..lots of plot twists I didn't remember so that makes it more fun.

Jim Dale has the greatest voice! I love the audio books that he reads. He started as a British actor, which I didn't realize until treeduck clued me in. He has read some of my favorites.

• Like 1

"Shit is real" by Aisha Franz. A surreal, insightful and distinctive graphic novel about loss of a love, and about deep sorrow and friendship. This beautiful work of art managed to speak to me and comfort me while I'm still recovering from an end of a long relationship.

10/10 stars!

• Like 1

I just finished Ship Of Destiny, the last book of the Liveship Traders Trilogy by Robin Hobb. Segue I can’t thank you enough for recommending Hobb to me! I didn’t think she could outdo the first trilogy, but this one was a constant enjoyment, and the ending was immensely satisfying, with hints of more intriguing riddles to unfold! I’ll be taking a break from Hobb for a while now, getting to some books recommended to me by a good friend from college, and maybe taking another stab at Moby Dick. But this was thrilling and full of adventures I’d never dreamed of! I’m incredibly fond of these characters now, and I want to see this made into a high budget high quality TV series soon!! Especially in this last book, there are so many passages I can just picture on screen. She has an incredibly grasp of drama and a flair that would do well in cinema.
  • Like 2

And now I've just finished The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. Man it feels good to finish book only a few days after starting it!

It also feels good to say this. I was told multiple times of an unexpected ending, and yet I suspected it from the start, though the arrival of it was a fascinating puzzle I could not put together without the help of Monsier Poirot and his "little grey cells."

• Like 2