What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

just picked up The Kite Runner last week....started it just the other day, so i'm only a few pages into it.....

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Nov 10 2005, 05:58 AM)
just picked up The Kite Runner last week....started it just the other day, so i'm only a few pages into it.....

Someone at work recommended that to me...I haven't started it yet though. Let me know how you like it. My co-worker raved about it.

http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/05071411011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/9910000/9918549.jpg

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 10 2005, 09:30 PM)
AWESOME! Stephen King is great. Have you read The Talisman he wrote with Peter Straub? it's really good. smile.gif

haven't read it yet. I want to read his entire bibliography though.

haven't read it yet. I want to read his entire bibliography though. 1022.gif

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/shan2112/0670044806H.jpg

Great little read yes.gif

50 short stories about some pretty wild crimes committed with the least likely of instruments. An umbrella, a rattlesnake unsure.gif and even a pair of panties cool.gif

Good book if you like this sort of thing..I do wink.gif

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Nov 11 2005, 01:17 AM)
Great little read  yes.gif

50 short stories about some pretty wild crimes committed with the least likely of instruments.  An umbrella, a rattlesnake  unsure.gif and even a pair of panties  cool.gif

Good book if you like this sort of thing..I do  wink.gif

Oh, I just love killing people with panties! yes.gif Absolutely the best way.

I won't be reading anything for next couple of weeks. Then, depending on who wins at thebookforum.com, I'll be reading either The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe or Lolita.

After that, sullysue, we'll do a TRF group read of The Old Man and the Sea, maybe.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 11 2005, 03:37 AM)
QUOTE (physics23 @ Nov 11 2005, 08:24 AM)
After that, sullysue, we'll do a TRF group read of The Old Man and the Sea, maybe.

Physics, that's a good idea - Our own little book club?. I'd certainly be up for that.

me too!!

QUOTE (physics23 @ Nov 11 2005, 03:24 AM)

50 short stories about some pretty wild crimes committed with the least likely of instruments.  An umbrella, a rattlesnake  unsure.gif and even a pair of panties  cool.gif

I won't be reading anything for next couple of weeks. Then, depending on who wins at thebookforum.com, I'll be reading either The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe or Lolita.

Well, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is such a great book. But, I read it when I was 11. unsure.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 11 2005, 10:44 AM)

Well, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is such a great book. But, I read it when I was 11. unsure.gif

My daughter just did a book report about The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe..and she is 12 smile.gif

I Love this TRF Book Club idea new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Nov 11 2005, 12:45 PM)
I've been reading Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe

It's about string theory and what makes our universe work.

Very interesting book. He's coming to town to speak on wednesday, should be intetesting....

cool man, i read that a couple of years ago, i agree very interesting trink39.gif

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Nov 11 2005, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 11 2005, 10:44 AM)

My daughter just did a book report about The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe..and she is 12 smile.gif

I Love this TRF Book Club idea new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My son is doing a before school book club and they are reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. They are wrapping it up just in time to take a field trip to go see the movie. Every week they have to read a chapter or two and answer questions about the book.

I like the idea too of a Book Club.

http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/05052410011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/9700000/9706323.jpg

Just got done reading The Magicians Nephew and The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe and I have Prince Caspian and The Silver Chair waiting for me but I have to wait for The Boy And His Horse to come in first along with the remainder of the books. I dont want to read The Chronicles Of Narnia out of order. Then I think I will move on to Eragon and then the Faerie Wars.

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Dec 3 2005, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 3 2005, 01:19 PM)
http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/05052410011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/9700000/9706323.jpg

Good TV show too new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yep, one of my favorites! Dweez likes it, too.