What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

Just got this today.

http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/04022408011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/7430000/7438825.jpg

Feherty is a riot! He's a former pro golfer and an announcer for the PGA tour. If you like golf you will also want to check out his other books 'Somewhere In Ireland A Village Is Missing An Idiot', which is a collection of his columns in Golf magazine, and 'A Nasty Bit Of Rough', an hilarious fiction novel about a golf rivalry between an Irish family and a Scottish one. Read it, or I will confiscate your Bungley back-up wedge!

Edited by Jack Aubrey
  • Like 3

I have read a few books from Anne Rule. She writes stories about murder in the Northwest, mainly the Seattle Washington area. She has some interesting good books. Some of her books contain one long story and some short stories on this subject. Excellant read, I suggest it.
  • Like 1

one of my favorite books is Kings..desperation..that book is siiick!!! firedevil.gif that would make sucha morbid movie..that is if they stuck to the book Edited by DonnaWanna

Currently reading The Amateur Marriage by Anne Tyler and just started Universal Healthcare: What the United States Can Learn from the Canadian Experience.

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 9 2004, 10:10 PM)
one of my favorite books is Kings..desperation..that book is siiick!!! firedevil.gif that would make sucha morbid movie..that is if they stuck to the book

Have you ever tried Clive Barker? He is twisted, but an absolutely amazing writer.

Right now I am reading the 911 Commision report and "Through Violet Eyes" by Stephen Woodworth.

Clive Barker is one of my favorite authors!! Books Of Blood is an all time fave for me. Along with Cabal.

The Bachman books by Richard Bachman (Steven King) is a great book.

Also love Interview with the vampire, but weirdly none of the other books. Foirst read that book back in 85 or 86, still love it. I took it to school with me Freshman year and read it during study hall, now my son is doing the same thing. Hes a freshman whos reading it during study hall. biggrin.gif

bumper.gif

OK, show off your Christmas books. I got this:

http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/04050710011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/7710000/7711095.jpg

• Like 1

I got this:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1573222968.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jan 5 2005, 12:05 PM)
I am reading

Jonathon Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke

Harry Potter for adults

I'm going to have to read this, MB...just read a great review of it after seeing your post. It looks great.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 5 2005, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jan 5 2005, 12:05 PM)
I am reading

Harry Potter for adults

I'm going to have to read this, MB...just read a great review of it after seeing your post. It looks great.

I'm 100 pages in and it is good

Clive Cussler-Trojan Odyssey

Voracious reader of: Tom Clancy, Ludlum, Ann Rule, that Douglas guy from the FBI profiling section, Necromancer series, and oh so many more.

I cannot bear to give away my books, so my house is a maze of stacks of books and art shite. One day the EMTs will fail to save me as they won't find me amid the mess.

Fame after death-I can see it now:

Woman perishes after 911 call-Medics could not find her amid plethora of books and art paraphenalia.

• Like 1

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jan 5 2005, 01:38 PM)

Voracious reader of: Tom Clancy, Ludlum, Ann Rule, that Douglas guy from the FBI profiling section, Necromancer series, and oh so many more.

I cannot bear to give away my books, so my house is a maze of stacks of books and art shite. One day the EMTs will fail to save me as they won't find me amid the mess.
Fame after death-I can see it now:

Woman perishes after 911 call-Medics could not find her amid plethora of books and art paraphenalia.

I only found out that my wife has been secretely taking a few books a month to the local charity shop to clear some of my book mountain. ohmy.gif

I did moan until I realised that I hadn't noticed - but I did give her a list of those she couldn't give away.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jan 5 2005, 01:05 PM)
I am reading

Harry Potter for adults

Hmmm maybe I'll give that a try. I'm currently reading the Harry Potter series to my daughter. It's good?

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 5 2005, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jan 5 2005, 01:05 PM)
I am reading

Harry Potter for adults

Hmmm maybe I'll give that a try. I'm currently reading the Harry Potter series to my daughter. It's good?

I just finished the 5th Harry Potter book a while back. I cannot WAIT for the next one. smile.gif

currently reading....

CAESAR AGAINST THE CELTS, by Ramon L. Jimenez

and

DEVIL'S CLAW, by J.A. Jance...

and anything in the DISCWORLD SERIES by Terry Pratchett

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jan 5 2005, 01:38 PM)

ooh- isn't that the one that picks up where Valhalla Rising left off? With Dirk Jr.?

Also, the Bourne series by Ludlum is one of my all time favorites.

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jan 5 2005, 10:57 PM)
I've nearly finished 'The Hidden City' (Part 3 of the Tamuli) by David Eddings

Is that any good Slaine?

I read the Belgariad and the Mallorean years ago, but never made it back to Eddings after that. I got caught up in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, and haven't read any more fantasy since that (apart from regular returns to LOTR).

I'm just finishing Garden of Beasts by Jeffrey Deaver. Very interesting.