What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

David Baldacci, Split Second.

I am not a mystery/detective reader, by any shot. But I read Split Second, and now want to keep reading more.

The writing is great (45 languages?) and didn't notice any typos in a rather long first book.

Now starting Hour Game, two ex Secret Agents take on the world! And want to start their own agency? Cormoran Strike - look out!

Very well written, if not my go-to style of book.

He's got a long list of books, was very popular at the library where I worked. He's a type like Cormoran (haven't read the new one yet) but I bet you will like it.

Yes, I never knew a single thing about him. So many authors?!

But maybe I am starting to read less seriously, more entertainly (not a word, but should be?)

I didn't know a lot about certain authors until I started working at the library. When people ask for a certain author or say I finished this series, they want you to recommend something new for them. I really enjoyed that because I learned so much about all kinds of genres I really never read before. Now that I am retired, I do miss that part of it, keeping up on who has a new book coming out and other trivia. Goodreads helps me a bit too. I find I am falling back on certain genres now that I am not so involved in keeping up with the trends.

That's very true. I work in a public library, and it's a perfect place to see what people like to read. We update a list of books that are most demanded in our library - both fiction and non-fiction - and sometimes it's almost heart-breaking to tell people that if you want to make a reservation now you'll end up being #754 on the waiting list... Of course we buy in a lot of copies of the popular books but managing a versatile collection is an art of balancing.

• Like 4

Just started Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs! My Adventures in the Alice Cooper Group, by Dennis Dunaway and Chris Hodenfield.
  • Like 2

Dali,by Robert Descharnes & Giles Neret. Found this while organizing things I was donating.

Big coffee table book, 12" h x 9" w x 2.5" t, 780 pages, heavy coated, stock. Part biography of Surrealist master Salvador Dali, the book is mostly made up of reproduced illustrations of his works, photographs, and articles, over 1600 in all. An index of the illustrations lists descriptions and location of the work, if known, at the time of publication (2006). As you can guess, a number of the illustrations are located at the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, which I have visted.

"I don't do drugs; I am a drug". Salvador Dali.

I just finished another graphic novel by Jen Wang, "Stargazing". An insightful, funny and deeply touching story of childhood, identities and friendship.

Some weeks ago I read yet another Wang album that presents a storyline by Cory Doctorow, "In Real Life". It tells about online gaming (not a theme too widely covered in the field of graphic novels), trust and power.

Wang is really capable of delivering energy and subtle emotions in her drawing in a way that surprises the reader by bringing back memories and forgotten feelings.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

Just got #6 in the Rockton series, A Stranger in Town, started the audio version. It seems there is more than one stranger showing up in this one. :o ;) Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Finished Rockton, now have to wait for the next one, will be awhile since Armstrong has other series she is working on :sigh:

Decided to do a re-read of the Alpha and Omega Series by Patricia Briggs. She just had a 6th one come out and it has been a few years, so I am going back to the beginning. Really good story telling and I have read the first novella and first book Cry Wolf already.

Also thinking about reading Nomadland out of curiosity, didn't see the movie but have heard the book is much better.

• Like 1

Cosmic Queries: Star Talk's Guide to Who We Are, How We Got Here, and Where We're Going, by Neil DeGrasse Tyson, with James Trefil.
  • Like 2

41SN4Stb4xL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The 5 Love Languages

Might as well, it was a large factor in my last relationship ending

Edited by That One Guy

Moving along through the Alpha and Omega series, now up to book 5 Burn Bright so then I can read the newest one that came out in March. It is a good alternative world to get lost in and I like the bond between the main characters.
  • Like 1

Just started book 6 in Alpha and Omega series, Wild Sign. Some spooky stuff is happening and of course Anna and Charles have to go check it out :scared:
  • Like 1

Just started book 6 in Alpha and Omega series, Wild Sign. Some spooky stuff is happening and of course Anna and Charles have to go check it out :scared:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhgoli8klLA&t=1s

Just saw that episode last week...really good. Rick Beato is a great source of information and it's fun to watch. Best thing I found on the internet during 2020.

• Like 2

Had to finish this tonight, really suspenseful. And a cliffhanger epilogue... :unsure: Got to wait a year for it....

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhgoli8klLA&t=1s

Just saw that episode last week...really good. Rick Beato is a great source of information and it's fun to watch. Best thing I found on the internet during 2020.

Aye!

Meanwhile I'll just change the mood entirely... :smoke:

• Like 1