What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

Book one of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series - "The Eye Of The World".

LOVE IT!

Once I finish Robin Hobb I plan to demolish The Wheel Of Time.

Which Hobb are you reading? The only thing of hers that I have read is The Liveship Trilogy.

• Like 1

Book one of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series - "The Eye Of The World".

LOVE IT!

Once I finish Robin Hobb I plan to demolish The Wheel Of Time.

Which Hobb are you reading? The only thing of hers that I have read is The Liveship Trilogy.

I'm reading them in order.

Started with The Farseer Trilogy.

Now onto Liveships. There are five series altogether that entwine elements of each other, and the grand finale came out earlier this month. I LOVE her writing. My dad is nearly finished and he says the way she threads all these series together (two are on the surface separate to the other three (Liveships being one)), but she pulls elements of them altogether. Already I am seeing small ties from Farseer in Liveships. And apparently it gets more impressive.

the_colour_of_magic1.jpg

Weirdly enough, I've read Reaper Man and Mort (the latter of which is my favorite of the two) but I haven't read this Discworld novel in particular and I think next to Mort, it's probably the most popular one.

• Like 1

the_colour_of_magic1.jpg

Weirdly enough, I've read Reaper Man and Mort (the latter of which is my favorite of the two) but I haven't read this Discworld novel in particular and I think next to Mort, it's probably the most popular one.

It's a pretty good intro to the series. Apparently it's a bad starting point but I found it humorous enough. I heard you can jump around a bit since most stories are supposed to be pretty independent of one another.

http://images.gr-assets.com/books/1440319389l/4981.jpg

going thru a Vonnegut phase? have you read most of 'em? what's yer fave?

-Kurt Nurd

This is just the third one for me. I may take a small break and read some others on my list. Right now Mother Night is my favorite. I couldn't put that one down.

• Like 1

London Fields, by Martin Amis

Read it once before, and loved it. It's been quite awhile, and I was in the mood for it, so I've started it again.

• Like 1

the_colour_of_magic1.jpg

It's a pretty good intro to the series. Apparently it's a bad starting point but I found it humorous enough. I heard you can jump around a bit since most stories are supposed to be pretty independent of one another.

Yeah, I heard that the series is divided in storylines so technically The Color Of Magic being the first in the series, you started off w/the Rincewind storyline. I figured the Death storyline was more of my "thing" (turns out I was right) so that's why I started out with Mort and Reaper Man and if I continue the Death arc the next novel I'd have to read would be Soul Music.

This Discworld talk leads me to recount a missed opportunity/what could've been moment. Three years before Terry Pratchett died he was at New York Comic Con for I believe a meet & greet/book signing for the then recent Discworld novel and it happened to be the year I was there also (my roommates at the time were into that thing so I figured I'd go just to experience what it's like and this was before the event really took off and demand escalated). Incidentally, he was only there on the Friday date which again was coincidental cause that was the day I went also and I even brought my Mort novel with me and came within reasonable waiting time away from actually meeting him but I ultimately balked out of sheer nervousness cause...next to Rowling, he's like a British novelist god. To this day, I wonder what would my interaction with him be like had I saw it through.

• Like 1