What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Huck @ Jul 26 2005, 06:26 AM)
I've just started From The corner Of His Eye - Dean Koontz

I'm really into Koontz at the moment yes.gif

unsure.gif

I hope that you love this one as much as I did!

I've never been much of a Koontz fan, but I really thought this story was incredibly moving and the pacing was superb, IMHO.

Enjoy, these don't come along every day!

QUOTE (war2112 @ Jul 26 2005, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Jul 26 2005, 06:26 AM)
I've just started From The corner Of His Eye - Dean Koontz

I'm really into Koontz at the moment yes.gif

unsure.gif

I hope that you love this one as much as I did!

I've never been much of a Koontz fan, but I really thought this story was incredibly moving and the pacing was superb, IMHO.

Enjoy, these don't come along every day!

Thanks War2112, I'm really enjoying it up to now yes.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jul 26 2005, 06:19 AM)
Right now I'm reading To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee and The Chosen by Chaim Potok for high school summer reading. I must say that To Kill A Mockingbird is a very enjoyable book, despite the fact that I've only just started to reach Part Two of the book. I'm also very eager to dive into The Chosen. It seems a most intriguing read.

sfuentes, To Kill A Mockingbird was required reading when I was in high school and I am so glad that it was!

I can practically guarantee that this story will still be sticking to your ribs 20-30 years after you read it if not for your entire lifetime.

Did you know that it is still on the N.Y. Times bestseller list even after being in print for 45 years? Here is a novel first published in 1960 and yet it is stiilll an icon of American literature.

This novel is one of the most profound books I have ever read. I admit, I'm somewhat of a reading freak, but Harper Lee created a masterpiece here.

Enjoy it!

Belive in it!

It's a rare treasure.

Edited by war2112

QUOTE (war2112 @ Jul 26 2005, 07:03 AM)
Right now I'm reading To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee and The Chosen by Chaim Potok for high school summer reading. I must say that To Kill A Mockingbird is a very enjoyable book, despite the fact that I've only just started to reach Part Two of the book. I'm also very eager to dive into The Chosen. It seems a most intriguing read.

sfuentes, To Kill A Mockingbird was required reading when I was in high school and I am so glad that it was!

I can practically guarantee that this story will still be sticking to your ribs 20-30 years after you read it if not for your entire lifetime.

Did you know that it is still on the N.Y. Times bestseller list even after being in print for 45 years? Here is a novel first published in 1960 and yet it is stiilll an icon of American literature.

This novel is one of the most profound books I have ever read. I admit, I'm somewhat of a reading freak, but Harper Lee created a masterpiece here.

Enjoy it!

Belive in it!

It's a rare treasure.

I concur yes.gif It's been years since I've read it but remember how engaging it was....

Enjoy it!

Belive in it!

It's a rare treasure.

Amen, brother. I read this book when I was about 10, and have re-read it countless times since. Growing up in the south as I did, the dialogue and characters ring very true. A treasure, indeed.

~GG

Also a reading freak smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 26 2005, 10:36 AM)

Enjoy it!

Belive in it!

It's a rare treasure.

Amen, brother. I read this book when I was about 10, and have re-read it countless times since. Growing up in the south as I did, the dialogue and characters ring very true. A treasure, indeed.

~GG

I suspect you have also seen the film adaptation starring Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch.

I don't know about you, but he was who I envisioned in my mind while I was reading the book. I was stunned when I saw the film because he WAS Atticus Finch. He was just like I pictured Atticus Finch to be. The same could be said for the young girl who played Scout but not quite to the same degree.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there because I was so floored when I saw this on film. I thought, "O my God, that's HIM, that's Atticus Finch".

That part where Boo Randall tells Scout to stand "because your Daddy's passing" will always be one of my favorite moments in movie history.

Ok, back to the main topic.

Sorry, folks, got carried away!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (war2112 @ Jul 26 2005, 01:31 PM)

Enjoy it!

Belive in it!

It's a rare treasure.

~GG

I suspect you have also seen the film adaptation starring Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch.

I don't know about you, but he was who I envisioned in my mind while I was reading the book. I was stunned when I saw the film because he WAS Atticus Finch. He was just like I pictured Atticus Finch to be. The same could be said for the young girl who played Scout but not quite to the same degree.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there because I was so floored when I saw this on film. I thought, "O my God, that's HIM, that's Atticus Finch".

That part where Boo Randall tells Scout to stand "because your Daddy's passing" will always be one of my favorite moments in movie history.

laugh.gif

Indeed...I love the film. And Gregory Peck was perfectly cast as Atticus.

Oh, one little note: It wasn't Boo who told Scout to stand...I forget his name, but I think he was a minister in a local church, and was sitting in the "colored" section in the balcony of the courtroom.

And we realize who played Boo, right? (Sorry, Jack, I'm treading on Video Vertigo territory here)

Nothing too heavy lately....

The Chronicles of Narnia - just finished it last night

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince, just started it this morning

After reading about Mockingbird, I am going to have to get a copy & re-read it. It's probably been 20 years since I read it.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 26 2005, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (war2112 @ Jul 26 2005, 01:31 PM)

Enjoy it!

Belive in it!

It's a rare treasure.

~GG

laugh.gif

Oh, one little note: It wasn't Boo who told Scout to stand...I forget his name, but I think he was a minister in a local church, and was sitting in the "colored" section in the balcony of the courtroom.

And we realize who played Boo, right? (Sorry, Jack, I'm treading on Video Vertigo territory here)

I kind of wondered when I said that about Boo...

I was thinking "I know someone said that, but was it Boo ?"

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm getting old and the old noggin' is getting kind of frail. Yikes! I don't like that.

Now you've got me intrigued as to the identity of Boo Randall's screen persona. Oh, not fair, GG, not fair at all.

Believe me, this stuff keeps me awake at night!

I will be expecting you or Jack to put my mind at ease. So I can sleep, you know.

wink.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 26 2005, 03:11 PM)

That's OK.

Boo Radley was portrayed by one of my personal favorites: the one and only Robert Duvall. Give it up for the man.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/blacksails19/Miseryhead%20Stuff/boo-radley1.jpg

Oh, and here's what I'm currently reading:

http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/05060315011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/9750000/9758464.jpg

QUOTE (war2112 @ Jul 26 2005, 05:03 AM)

Enjoy it!

Belive in it!

It's a rare treasure.

I totally agree!! I was excited that I had to read it as well! biggrin.gif and it was very very good...rented the movie as well biggrin.gif

I read Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince for me. I been reading nothing else except chemistry and microbiology for school. 062802puke_prv.gif So sick of it I could scream. ANd comics, I'm always reading comics. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 26 2005, 09:56 PM)
Wet hair. Lather. Rinse. Repeat if desired.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Babe you have to get some books in that bathroom of yours laugh.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 26 2005, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Jul 26 2005, 03:19 PM)

yes.gif

http://www.forbesbookclub.com/bookimages/ingram/076/241/0762413859.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 26 2005, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 26 2005, 03:11 PM)
Indeed...I love the film.  And Gregory Peck was perfectly cast as Atticus.

Oh, one little note:  It wasn't Boo who told Scout to stand...I forget his name, but I think he was a minister in a local church, and was sitting in the "colored" section in the balcony of the courtroom.

And we realize who played Boo, right?  (Sorry, Jack, I'm treading on Video Vertigo territory here)

That's OK.

Boo Radley was portrayed by one of my personal favorites: the one and only Robert Duvall. Give it up for the man.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/blacksails19/Miseryhead%20Stuff/boo-radley1.jpg

There you go...I knew Jack wouldn't let me down. smile.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 26 2005, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 26 2005, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Jul 26 2005, 03:19 PM)

yes.gif

http://www.forbesbookclub.com/bookimages/ingram/076/241/0762413859.gif

laugh.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

In my attempts to become a better poker player, I have been reading Small Stakes Hold Em and Tournament Poker for Advanced Players (I wouldn't call myself advanced), both by David Sklansky. I am now working on Doyle Brunson's Super System, The Bible of poker.